+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Next year NEEDS! = major OUCH

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    nah, hes gonna rush the pass rusher from a standup OLB in a 34.. Thats my opinion...
    There is no difference whether he has his hand down or not. Look at Von miller, Aldon Smith, D Ware. All of them do both

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    There is no difference whether he has his hand down or not. Look at Von miller, Aldon Smith, D Ware. All of them do both
    Dude, hes not Von Miller, first of all, and no where near it.. Aldon Smith and D Ware are both 34 OLB's, and were a 4/3 team.. He'll be underused in NY... He'd have more value in a 34 front, in my opinion..

Do u think i'm gonna change my mind on this? I'll bet u right now, hes picked up by a 34 team, and will play the OLB positon.. Hes 2 tiny..

Lemonier has had a 0.5sack in his last 7games.. Thats pathetic...

Dude, hes not Von Miller, first of all, and no where near it.. Aldon Smith and D Ware are both 34 OLB's, and were a 4/3 team.. He'll be underused in NY... He'd have more value in a 34 front, in my opinion..

Do u think i'm gonna change my mind on this? I'll bet u right now, hes picked up by a 34 team, and will play the OLB positon.. Hes 2 tiny..
    See I saw someone(was it you?) mention Brandon Jenkins from FSU in another thread as a mid round possibility and I feel the same way about him. He has 34 OLB written all over him.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-14-2012 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    See I saw someone(was it you?) mention Brandon Jenkins from FSU in another thread as a mid round possibility and I feel the same way about him. He has 34 OLB written all over him.
    Ya it was me.. He played with his hand in the dirt almost his entire 2011 season, at least from what i seen, and almost every single play he made was with his hand in the dirt, and he outweighs Lemonier by like 15lbs almost.. ALso, he never had huge 7game chunks of season with no sacks... Also, hes 6ft 3in and 260, as opposed to lemoniers 6ft 4in 246lb's...

Ya it was me.. He played with his hand in the dirt almost his entire 2011 season, at least from what i seen, and almost every single play he made was with his hand in the dirt, and he outweighs Lemonier by like 15lbs almost.. ALso, he never had huge 7game chunks of season with no sacks... Also, hes 6ft 3in and 260, as opposed to lemoniers 6ft 4in 246lb's...
    In 2010, BJ's best year he played exclusively DE for FSU. His hand was in the dirt just as you said and he spent the entire year in opposing team's backfields. He reportedly played at around 230-240

In 2011, the team still rushed him more often than not, but he spent a LOT more time in a hybrid LB role so as to get Tank C and Bjeorn onto the field. He dropped into coverage on many plays. But he did drop back a a LB a lot more in 2011. In fact, there were a couple interviews where the FSU coaches praised his play at the position.

He might be 260 now, perhaps, but he never played at that weight at FSU. I dont care what they listed him as.

I do agree that Lemoniers is likely a 34 OLB in the NFL and the Jenkins could end up at as a 43 DE, but I just think both have more value as a 34 olb. Someone is going to take a chance on Jenkins before where the consensus thinks he will go. He can take over games. I think it is likely a 34 team.

You don't understand what I'm saying. In a passing down it makes absolutely no difference what size he is or if he has his hand down or not. It's not relevant to anything.

If we were talking about where would he fit as an every down player then yes, a 3-4 would be a better fit

+ Reply to Thread