+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Coaching Tree Has Many Branches

http://www.giants101.com/2012/12/09/...es-across-nfl/

Excerpt: "To know the G-Men is to love them. To really have knowledge of the New York Football Giants is to also realize that the Big Blue branches reach far beyond the organization itself.Last post-season, late ownerWellington Mara’s wife Ann Marapassed a humorous comment during her stay near Green Bay, Wisconsin for the New York Giants versus Green Bay Packers in the NFC Divisional round of the 2011 playoffs.

"Let me tell you about Green Bay," she said. "This is before we even got to the stadium on Lombardi Ave., before it was Lombardi this and Lombardi that. This was at the hotel the night before [in Appleton, Wis.]. They even had a Lombardi Steakhouse, with a letter from my husband framed on the wall. All this Lombardi around you, no matter where you turned, and all I could think was, Vinny used to sleep on our couch!’… 1040 Park Ave. We didn't know at the time we had an immortal sleeping on the hideaway."

Love that woman. And the fact that she recognizes roots. She was referring to the fact that the infamous Vince Lombardi started his NFL career as a New York Giant (offensive coordinator).

Parity keeps the NFL fresh in a CBA-like sense of the word. However, contracts and players, coaches, scouts, and general managers moving on creates the opposite. Teams begin to adopt a bit of a shell from another because of this and also take with them valuable knowledge of their former team.

Since the Giants are one of the oldest franchises standing, there are more leaves on those legendary Big Blue branches. Ask the average Dallas Cowboys fan about Tom Landry – guaranteed that they don’t even mention his defensive coordinator position with the Giants alongside Lombardi.

Currently, former Giants make up many of the coaches that are still active: Tom Coughlin, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, John Fox, Jason Garrett…and then there are assistant coaches." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

They are everywhere aren't they!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    They are everywhere aren't they!
    It's an interesting story
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's an interesting story

Vinny used to sleep on our couch!’… 1040 Park Ave. We didn't know at the time we had an immortal sleeping on the hideaway.WOW is all I can say. What a great read just mind boggling.

Looked up 1040 Park Ave on google earth interesting looking old building.
    Last edited by ibbill; 12-09-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Vinny used to sleep on our couch!’… 1040 Park Ave. We didn't know at the time we had an immortal sleeping on the hideaway.WOW is all I can say. What a great read just mind boggling.
    I've slept on other people's couches too. Victor Cruz probably did as well long before becoming a star pro WR. It's just that I've yet to become famous. That's all. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Also Romeo, although his team is not thriving now.
    You well know, Ro, this has been something old timers have always recognized since those days that we had Vince, Tom, and Allie... and, we ended up with Allie. Somehow Giant coaches get their stripes with the Gmen, and then come back to haunt us.

Awesome thanks RF again.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Also Romeo, although his team is not thriving now.
    You well know, Ro, this has been something old timers have always recognized since those days that we had Vince, Tom, and Allie... and, we ended up with Allie. Somehow Giant coaches get their stripes with the Gmen, and then come back to haunt us.
    There is truth in those words.