+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Baas To Start: Coughlin Confirms

Tom Coughlin confirmed today that C David Baas will start at C on Saturday, and Kevin Boothe will slide over and start at LG.

Re: Baas To Start: Coughlin Confirms

stupid
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Why oh why would the coaching staff break up the combination that was providing results? *FACEPALM*

I actually wanted Boothe to start at LG from the beginning of the season. I hope this works. If this doesn't it will bring back memories of the 2nd beagles game of 2010.

[quote user="burier"]stupid[/quote]This! I had a feeling these numb nuts would do this, ala 2010 with Ohara. How did that turn out! TC is inflexible beyond belief.

[quote user="radar-ray"][quote user="burier"]stupid[/quote]This! I had a feeling these numb nuts would do this, ala 2010 with Ohara. How did that turn out! TC is inflexible beyond belief.[/quote]

i dont necessarily disagree with starting baas. no center would play good with diehl as his support system at lg.

but i disagree with boothe over petrus. petrus is a better run blocker and both struggle in pass protection.

if u read KG interview and TC interview, u can clearly infer they were discussing what the best possible OL for both run AND pass.

Boothe is slightly better at pass protection but petrus is much better at run blocking imo.

and dont get to bent out of shape, if things start out bad petrus can be reinserted but i will say this, our run game will take a lil hit. petrus is a great run blocker, it just sucks watching him get absolutely blown up on passing plays. like literally blown the **** up.

if this offseason petrus can improve at pass blocking, he will be an above avg guard.

This screams of last year....O'Hara gets hurt,replaced by Koets....we finally start moving the ball.....we need wins down the stretch for playoffs...O'Hara comes back.... we lose...when what you replace is not working as well as what you replace it with....What do you do?

I will be honest...last yr I thought O'hara should have started when he came back.....I learned my lesson...I think we should stick with Boothe and Petrus........But this coaching staff is very loyal to injured players....
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Had that all figured out yesterday. Giants are NOT going to bench a (high priced)starter over a backup. That would be admiting Reese made a mistake. Aint going to happen.

Maybe Boothe is still messing up the shotgun snaps in practcie???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

We lose.