+ Reply to Thread

Why didn't they put RGIII on his butt?

When RGIII would do those stupid QB option reads and hand the ball off at the last minute why wouldn't Osi, Tuck or JPP just run right at RGIII and right after he handed it off knock him down? He would hold it and then hand it off at the last minute, then get rid of it, put a helmet in his chest and make him think about it next time.

A. I don't believe they were ever that close to have that option to do so.

B. A flag would have definitely been thrown.

They should, and they try to. But weren't close enough

Banned
    He should have been concussed at this time in the weekThe Giants were too busy "ooohing and awwwwing" to do anything

This read option junk does pose a problem when executed well as it was... Personally I hate, hate, HATE college gimmick plays like this and the sooner it is snuffed out the better.

Rather than guessing, always have a spy and/or someone whose job is to blow RG3 up whether he has the ball or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    This read option junk does pose a problem when executed well as it was... Personally I hate, hate, HATE college gimmick plays like this and the sooner it is snuffed out the better.

Rather than guessing, always have a spy and/or someone whose job is to blow RG3 up whether he has the ball or not.
    It's not a gimmick. It's simple out gapping.

Banned
    Yeah, the elixir should be knock RGIII into the dirt ever ****ing play. Smack him in the mouth every ****ing play. Anytime he options, fakes, whatever. As long as he could possibly have the ball (even if we know he doesn't) just straight up lay him out. Thats what we did in highschool football. That's what we did in lacrosse to goalies who ran. If you let them know you are knocking them on their *** any time they try that funny stuff, whether they have the ball or not its legal, and they wont be doing it again. Trust me.