Closed Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: Manningbowl, IZBO1, LuckOfTuck and a few others - Please take note

[quote user="izbo1"]yeah lets keep rational thought off the board for good.* Give me a break here this is rediculous.* You mention a post about wide receivers being hijacked.* Any post about a wide recievers not being good enough can go into a discussion about the qb.* This is just common sense something im finding wasn't a prerequisite for mods apparently.* If we have an opinion that our qbs short comings in certain areas restrict our choices of wide recievers then it is very much on topic its not our fault people are so in love with eli they can't see reality and fight this like there is no tomorrow.*
    [/quote]

personally izbo i wouldn't of thrown u in a manningbowl/ernesttbass/thurston/cantblameshockey/giggles catagory. I would say ur more like a gumby
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Veteran

Gumbyesque; somewhere between a troll and a "realist". not quite either.

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="gumby742"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="gumby742"][quote user="gumby742"]Hold on a sec here. With all due respect, what about the posts from Eli defenders who derail the thread themselves? If you take note, the majority of those threads were hijacked by THEM.

Seriously. Look around.
    [/quote][/quote] Gumby, you don't want to go there, because if i get a half hour today i will bump threads to where Manningbowl just goes off out of left field[/quote]

I've been away the last 3-4 days so i don't know what happened. But, the occurance of the hijacking threads from "Eli haters" isn't as common as you'd think, from what i've seen so far. People turn something fairly innocent into a defensive statement: 'Oh yeah? Eli did blah blah blah, so he doesn't have those problems.

As for Tuck, that guy had only a handful of posts and you're singling him out? Want to stop the Eli threads? Take out the people who are over sensitive and defend him through any means possible and i'll guarantee threads will stop being hijacked etc.

I must have pointed out at least 5 Eli threads that have been high jacked so far - and only recently, because of over defensive Eli people.

[/quote]

How can a real Giants fan not be an "Eli People"err.....person. He's the starting QB of our beloved football team., who has a precious superbowl under his belt.

I just don't get it.

[/quote]

I don't get it either Morehead

But if he wins 2 SB in 3 years, we're a dynasty [[]

[/quote]

Don't Start

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Mua Dib"]Gumbyesque; somewhere between a troll and a "realist". not quite either.[/quote]

haha he does go a lil crazy with eli, but he actually makes alot of good points on other topics

Veteran

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Mua Dib"]Gumbyesque; somewhere between a troll and a "realist". not quite either.[/quote] haha he does go a lil crazy with eli, but he actually makes alot of good points on other topics[/quote]Oh I dig Gumby. it's funny a couple times it would look like he was ready to come around on Eli then he'd catch himself and go right back to square one.

[quote user="izbo1"]yeah lets keep rational thought off the board for good. Give me a break here this is rediculous. You mention a post about wide receivers being hijacked. Any post about a wide recievers not being good enough can go into a discussion about the qb. This is just common sense something im finding wasn't a prerequisite for mods apparently. If we have an opinion that our qbs short comings in certain areas restrict our choices of wide recievers then it is very much on topic its not our fault people are so in love with eli they can't see reality and fight this like there is no tomorrow.

its impossible for a thread about wrs not to include discussion about the qb at some point or any thread about the passing game. When somebody posts that our wide recievers are bad thats the only point allowed in that post? We can't counter post that maybe its the inaccurate qb? Thats rediculous. When somebody trashes gilbride for play calling we can't counter post that maybe eli audibled into that play? again rediculous. Hes the qb he has to do with all aspects of offense except for running the ball which makes him relievant to all these conversations, now get over him and allow free conversation to flow this is america and fans money and taxes pay the giants to have this website so don't even give me the this is a private forum crap.
    [/quote]

On the subject of rational, you are not rational most of the time

Tommy's intention of this new rule is to prevent threads from being hijacked into Eli bashing threads

If there's a thread on getting a new LB to strengthen the defense and someone says "Well, if Eli could score 1000000 points per game like all great quarterbacks do, we wouldn't need to get a new LB" that's the **** we're trying to prevent.

You hijacked the FA thread Tommy made and tried to twist it into an Eli bashing thread with some of your posts.

If you want to make a thread about "Eli sucks" that's fine.

Don't try to make a WR or LB or any other thread that has nothing to do with Eli about Eli

If you don't like it here, you can leave and go to a dfferent board

[quote user="Mod_C"]

[quote user="izbo1"]yeah lets keep rational thought off the board for good. Give me a break here this is rediculous. You mention a post about wide receivers being hijacked. Any post about a wide recievers not being good enough can go into a discussion about the qb. This is just common sense something im finding wasn't a prerequisite for mods apparently. If we have an opinion that our qbs short comings in certain areas restrict our choices of wide recievers then it is very much on topic its not our fault people are so in love with eli they can't see reality and fight this like there is no tomorrow.

its impossible for a thread about wrs not to include discussion about the qb at some point or any thread about the passing game. When somebody posts that our wide recievers are bad thats the only point allowed in that post? We can't counter post that maybe its the inaccurate qb? Thats rediculous. When somebody trashes gilbride for play calling we can't counter post that maybe eli audibled into that play? again rediculous. Hes the qb he has to do with all aspects of offense except for running the ball which makes him relievant to all these conversations, now get over him and allow free conversation to flow this is america and fans money and taxes pay the giants to have this website so don't even give me the this is a private forum crap.
    [/quote]

Tommy's intention of this new rule is to prevent threads from being hijacked into Eli bashing threads

If there's a thread on getting a new LB to strengthen the defense and someone says "Well, if Eli could score 1000000 points per game like all great quarterbacks do, we wouldn't need to get a new LB" that's the **** we're trying to prevent.

You hijacked the FA thread Tommy made and tried to twist it into an Eli bashing thread with some of your posts.

Don't try to make a WR or LB or any other thread that has nothing to do with Eli about Eli

[/quote]

Please don't encourage them lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran

[quote user="Mod_C"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i can understand lbs but recievers and qbs go hand and hand its like making a rule that if you post about peanut butter your not allowed discussing jelly.

The tommy ribs thread was discussing getting rid of jacobs basically if he asked to much which imo he is a more important part of our offense then eli so i think i have every right to ask people who think this why they feel that way about him but the complete opposite about our qb.

Veteran

Hopefully this also applies to the posters that hijack non-eli threadswith ridiculous accustaions thatclaim eli is a top 5 QB...

[quote user="izbo1"][quote user="Mod_C"]

[quote user="izbo1"]yeah lets keep rational thought off the board for good.* Give me a break here this is rediculous.* You mention a post about wide receivers being hijacked.* Any post about a wide recievers not being good enough can go into a discussion about the qb.* This is just common sense something im finding wasn't a prerequisite for mods apparently.* If we have an opinion that our qbs short comings in certain areas restrict our choices of wide recievers then it is very much on topic its not our fault people are so in love with eli they can't see reality and fight this like there is no tomorrow.*

its impossible for a thread about wrs not to include discussion about the qb at some point or any thread about the passing game.* When somebody posts that our wide recievers are bad thats the only point allowed in that post? We can't counter post that maybe its the inaccurate qb?* Thats rediculous.* When somebody trashes gilbride for play calling we can't counter post that maybe eli audibled into that play? again rediculous.* Hes the qb he has to do with all aspects of offense except for running the ball which makes him relievant to all these conversations, now get over him and allow free conversation to flow this is america and fans money and taxes pay the giants to have this website so don't even give me the this is a private forum crap.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

i can understand lbs but recievers and qbs go hand and hand its like making a rule that if you post about peanut butter your not allowed discussing jelly.*

The tommy ribs thread was discussing getting rid of jacobs basically if he asked to much which imo he is a more important part of our offense then eli so i think i have every right to ask people who think this why they feel that way about him but the complete opposite about our qb.*
    [/quote]

"for our offense where the ball is not always placed right on target when thrown the best fit will be a physical reciever. The reciever needs to be able to fight for jump balls or get back to slightly underthrown balls"

that was ur response to which type of WRyou would want and you use that as a way to throw a jab at eli to start the eli debate in another type of thread. There was no need for that you went off topic on it and that is definitly why u got mentioned in this thread...

And u do it 2 minutes after I vouch for u in this thread... GRRR!@!!!!