+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Are you a "we" or "they" fan?

Got into a discussion with my friend and sister the other week.....three of us are season ticket holders together.....we were talking about being a "WE" fan versus a "THEY" fan.

My friend and I are "they" fans....meaning when we discuss the Giants.....we use terms like "they got to do this" or "they got their a**es kicked" or "they got no D." I've always had a problem saying "we" because I don't play for the Giants....nor am I officially associated with the organization.

My sister isthe "we" fan variety.....meaning she says "we gotta get it together" or "we su**ed today"or "we need a new head coach." Her stance is as a season ticket holder or fan in general it gives you the right to claim a "we" association.

It's a dumb question but funnyto think about because since we started discussing it the other week I've noticedcertain guys on the board and at the games areeither strictly"we" or "they".....guysthere's no real in between. Next time you talk to a fan or see a post you'll get a chuckle out of finding out who the "we" and "they" fans are. Which one are you?

Re: Are you a "we" or "they" fan?

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

Got into a discussion with my friend and sister the other week.....three of us are season ticket holders together.....we were talking about being a "WE" fan versus a "THEY" fan.

My friend and I are "they" fans....meaning when we discuss the Giants.....we use terms like "they got to do this" or "they got their a**es kicked" or "they got no D." I've always had a problem saying "we" because I don't play for the Giants....nor am I officially associated with the organization.

My sister isthe "we" fan variety.....meaning she says "we gotta get it together" or "we su**ed today"or "we need a new head coach." Her stance is as a season ticket holder or fan in general it gives you the right to claim a "we" association.

It's a dumb question but funnyto think about because since we started discussing it the other week I've noticedcertain guys on the board and at the games areeither strictly"we" or "they".....guysthere's no real in between. Next time you talk to a fan or see a post you'll get a chuckle out of finding out who the "we" and "they" fans are. Which one are you?

[/quote]

I'm a we fan. I get the "they" argument of we're not actually part of the team... But, here's the way I look at it: I have a longer and stronger emotional (and to a certain degree) financial investment in the Giants than anyone on the team. To me, that entitles me to say, "we."

I have a Packers fan friend that is a, "they," person, though. He found a great way to circumvent the issue and become a, "we," person. He bought a share during the recent stock offering. Since he is now a shareholder, he's technically part owner of the Packers, so he can now claim with no pretension that, "We won the game," or, "We lost to the Chiefs."

lol I'm more "we" than "they" but I use both tbh...really depends...

we implies possession where as they impies outside of possession.

im a we fan. and i think being a life long fan and owner of giants gear and just general die hard, i can say we especially bc the giants are the team i bleed blue for.

also it makes more sense to say we because when i talk football, i refer to thegiants in the we form simply bc when i refer to opponents or other teams i refer to them as they.
    ex. giants vs cowboys
    they really sucked today when we threw it all over them

ihave thought about this topic as awell and it is comical but i dont think theres anything wrong with a person expressing whatever they want to in relation to the team the root for and support

I use both forms with no cognizant thinking of what form I am going to use beforehand.

Veteran

when they play horribly im pissed ofr the whole week in grades im extremely pissed monday and it dies down by thursday / friday. so im a we fan cause i feel it when they do bad or when they do good and i'm constantly defending the team against other fans, friends etc. so i feel like an un paid PR rep

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Everybody knows it's "we" when the Giants play well, and it's "they" when "they" play poorly.

Come on, man!

There's been a lot of "they" fans here in the past 6 weeks.

[quote user="rainierjef"]when they play horribly im pissed ofr the whole week in grades im extremely pissed monday and it dies down by thursday / friday. so im a we fan cause i feel it when they do bad or when they do good and i'm constantly defending the team against other fans, friends etc. so i feel like an un paid PR rep[/quote]

Amen, I hear that. Same here.

As a season ticket holder, someone who has been to numerous Road games, and throws away money on Giants "stuff" year in and year out..Im a "WE" fan. I takethe NY Football Giants way too seriously:) Hoping "They" dont ruin my Christmas.

Happy Holidays!

Banned

When people who knows me well see me in the streets, the Giants eventually comes up in the conversation. In other words, when they see me, they think Giants so I'm definitely a "WE" fan!