+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I pity you guys (Giants Fans)

Quote Originally Posted by JustnSayin View Post
    All is well. Sweet dreams pumpkin

Now we're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by JustnSayin View Post
    I do understand. But are you telling me that it wasn't a conflict of interest?

The Refs aren't affiliated with teams. They are a modestly independant authority. It would be nice if somehow an independant authority, if not simply an owner from the AFC could handle matters for the NFC and vice versa. I just think its a tad bit coincidental that both teams punished were from the NFC east and I find it hard to believe that they were the only offenders.

And informing them of the punishment the night before free agency began? In regards to an incident years ago? Really.

The whole thing was just lame. To expect anything less than a truely bitter fanbase, whether justified or not, is insanity. Everybody needs someone to hate. Mara is our guy. Whether its justified or not.

But yes you make a good point and you win lol. I'll save the capgate arguments for a more well informed fan, which self-admittedly, I am not.
    Ok, I agree that it might look fishy, and the penalties might have been harsh, but did Mara have the final say, or did the other owners agree also? I also know there were memos that went out as well in 2010 - why even take a chance then? And finally, look on the bright side at least Snyder won't have a chance to give out more stupid contracts - it will probably work out better for the Skins in the end...he was just going to squander that money anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSayin View Post
    All I came here to say was, and without trying to be an antogonist, ENJOY THE GLORY DAYS. Giant's football is very much alive. You guys always start sucking this time of year and then BAM, Superbowl.

There will be times in the future, I PROMISE, that you will feel like the biggest jackass for bashing this team. Wake up and be good fans. It's embarassing. Obviously this doesn't apply to everybody.

Sure, your co-owner Mara is a POS - but I felt it my duty to remind you guys that one day you will return to the cellar of the NFC east (just like every team does eventually) and will look back on these days fondly. Enjoy them.

Sincerely,
    A fan who has seen A LOT
    Which is why we want this squad to take advantage, and win as many SB's as possible while they're good - so yeah, we're going to get ticked off when they squander opportunities like the game on Mon night. Secondly, don't take too much pity on us, the Giants have won a SB in every decade since the 80's, and won 4 of 5 overall during this time...no pity at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Are you saying John Mara is a POS?
    That's what I would like to know too. If he thinks so, please back it up with reasons. What has he done to get your panties in such a bunch? Personally, I think the Giants are 1 of the best run teams in sports, and it has nothing to do with wins and losses. It is why I like them to be honest.

I also think a fan of a team run by Snyder is VERY ill equipped to bring up ownership and class.

So again, back up that statement. I want to know why you think the most charitable owners in pro sports are POS.

If it is because the Maras asked the league to look at the skins salary cap issue, well that is not on the Mara's it is on ALL the owners who agreed with them. Then when the Skins and Boys appeals the Maras were nto involved in that process and the other owners still upheld the penalty. So do you hate them too? Is every owner who found your team in violation a POS too?
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-05-2012 at 01:48 AM.

I believe the OP has made one of the best posts I've ever seen on these boards. Well done, Redskins fan.

Also, obviously I disagree on the Mara bit, but I can understand his outburst since apparently Mara worked against the 'Skins for that ... thinger-a-other....y'know, that thing where the 'Skins got fined for doing something. I can't remember any of the details but they did mention it in the MNF pre-game. .... doesn't matter.

Anyway, good post, JustSayin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    That's what I would like to know too. If he thinks so, please back it up with reasons. What has he done to get your panties in such a bunch? Personally, I think the Giants are 1 of the best run teams in sports, and it has nothing to do with wins and losses. It is why I like them to be honest.

I also think a fan of a team run by Snyder is VERY ill equipped to bring up ownership and class.

So again, back up that statement. I want to know why you think the most charitable owners in pro sports are POS.

If it is because the Maras asked the league to look at the skins salary cap issue, well that is not on the Mara's it is on ALL the owners who agreed with them. Then when the Skins and Boys appeals the Maras were nto involved in that process and the other owners still upheld the penalty. So do you hate them too? Is every owner who found your team in violation a POS too?
    Would any owner logically reject the accusations? Would they say "NO STOP! I want the skins and boys to have cap room. Don't be mean!!!" ? Hell no.

Anyways if you want to read up more about his beautiful self (COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO CAPGATE) feel free.

Makes a rule because he had a bad game against the skins - turns into one of the worst rules ever. I just don't like him. Sorry. You guys can hate Snyder, i'll hate Mara

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000099733/article/giants-ceo-wants-to-nix-challenge-rule-he-pushed-for

And of course he's not advocating rule changes that more harshly punish teams/people that, lets say... drop to the ground to fake injuries?

I'm just saying, I see him as a corrupted POS. That won't change. Sorry.
    Last edited by JustnSayin; 12-05-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We have one of the best owners in pro sports.

Other than that, your point is well taken.
    +1

1A) excellent post and true words

1B) GOD BLESS the MARA's and the TISCHES...

Danny boy Snyder is a true PoS...
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 12-05-2012 at 07:58 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
    I believe the OP has made one of the best posts I've ever seen on these boards. Well done, Redskins fan.

Also, obviously I disagree on the Mara bit, but I can understand his outburst since apparently Mara worked against the 'Skins for that ... thinger-a-other....y'know, that thing where the 'Skins got fined for doing something. I can't remember any of the details but they did mention it in the MNF pre-game. .... doesn't matter.

Anyway, good post, JustSayin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The coaches of this team have plenty to be critized about. Exercizing our right to
    do that has nothing to do with being a true fan. In fact, if you are not upset enough
    at many aspects of this team/staff to call them out, at least some of the time,
    I question how much of a fan you really are. How can you not be upset after watching
    some of the geniously coached games/teams this year. Case in point, the skins just
    about shutting down our O for the last 2 years is ALL about coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    The coaches of this team have plenty to be critized about. Exercizing our right to
    do that has nothing to do with being a true fan. In fact, if you are not upset enough
    at many aspects of this team/staff to call them out, at least some of the time,
    I question how much of a fan you really are. How can you not be upset after watching
    some of the geniously coached games/teams this year. Case in point, the skins just
    about shutting down our O for the last 2 years is ALL about coaching.
    No one is saying that the team or the coaches should be immune from criticism. It's the over the top criticism -- calling for the firing of Super Bowl Champion coaches after every loss -- that is just downright stupid.
    Last edited by GMENAGAIN; 12-05-2012 at 10:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread