+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSayin View Post
    Sure, your co-owner Mara is a POS - but I felt it my duty to remind you guys that one day you will return to the cellar of the NFC east (just like every team does eventually) and will look back on these days fondly. Enjoy them.

Sincerely,
    A fan who has seen A LOT

Good post. I don't understand the Mara thing....it's not like it's his fault that your team violated the salary cap rules. I know it must be disconcerting to be able to consider the good of the league over one's own self interest but unfortunately for John that's the legacy he inherited from Wellington.

I'm sure I don't have to explain to you how Wellington put the good of the league over his own and his team's fortunes, it's all there in the history books, sonny.

However, given the owner of your team it's a little hilarious and only slightly more ironic than hearing that kind of stupidity from a Cowboy fan.

Eh....it's about the same now that I think about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Good post. I don't understand the Mara thing....it's not like it's his fault that your team violated the salary cap rules. I know it must be disconcerting to be able to consider the good of the league over one's own self interest but unfortunately for John that's the legacy he inherited from Wellington.

I'm sure I don't have to explain to you how Wellington put the good of the league over his own and his team's fortunes, it's all there in the history books, sonny.

However, given the owner of your team it's a little hilarious and only slightly more ironic than hearing that kind of stupidity from a Cowboy fan.

Eh....it's about the same now that I think about it.
    They broke rules that didn't exist... collusion... yada yada yada. What really bothers me is.

1. NFL APPROVED these contracts

2. It is a MAJOR conflict of interest for Mara. He SHOULD NOT have been involved.

IF they did legitimitely do something wrong (which I contest - since nothing was in writing and the league itself approved the contracts) at the very least Mara could remove himself from the conflict in a professional manor.

We aren't butthurt. We're legitimately upset that he had a major say in a conflict of interest. Whether the Skins and Boys did cap murder or not, THAT is NOT fair. If the tables were turned on you guys EVERY last one of you would whole-heartedly agree.

There needs to be a seperate committee with no NFL interests involved. But that wasn't a major point in my OP so I won't ramble on anymore lol.
    Last edited by JustnSayin; 12-04-2012 at 10:18 PM.

There is no reason to pity us. Just because we might possibly be last place one day in the future? Of course we will enjoy being first place in the NFC east and the defending SB champs the second time in 4 years. We've seen a lot too Dave Brown, Ray Handley, etc.. so save your pity for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JustnSayin View Post
    They broke rules that didn't exist... collusion... yada yada yada. What really bothers me is.

1. NFL APPROVED these contracts

2. It is a MAJOR conflict of interest for Mara. He SHOULD NOT have been involved.

IF they did legitimitely do something wrong (which I contest - since nothing was in writing and the league itself approved the contracts) at the very least Mara could remove himself from the conflict in a professional manor.

We aren't butthurt. We're legitimately upset that he had a major say in a conflict of interest. Whether the Skins and Boys did cap murder or not, THAT is NOT fair
    I understand your frustration as a fan, I just disagree with it. I also understand that the washington media has been brainwashing the brainless all week with the John Mara crap as per their benefactor Snyder.

But seriously........a conflict of interest? Dude, he's the Chairman of the NFL Management Committee.

You do understand that the NFL - like all sports leagues - is self regulated by the guys who own the teams, right? And that these same owners choose the Commissioner?

There is no independent authority in the NFL.

I don't know where this idiocy comes from.....

Banned
    I understand your frustration as a fan, I just disagree with it. I also understand that the washington media has been brainwashing the brainless all week with the John Mara crap as per their benefactor Snyder.

But seriously........a conflict of interest? Dude, he's the Chairman of the NFL Management Committee.

You do understand that the NFL - like all sports leagues - is self regulated by the guys who own the teams, right? And that these same owners choose the Commissioner?

There is no independent authority in the NFL.

I don't know where this idiocy comes from.....
    I do understand. But are you telling me that it wasn't a conflict of interest?

The Refs aren't affiliated with teams. They are a modestly independant authority. It would be nice if somehow an independant authority, if not simply an owner from the AFC could handle matters for the NFC and vice versa. I just think its a tad bit coincidental that both teams punished were from the NFC east and I find it hard to believe that they were the only offenders.

And informing them of the punishment the night before free agency began? In regards to an incident years ago? Really.

The whole thing was just lame. To expect anything less than a truely bitter fanbase, whether justified or not, is insanity. Everybody needs someone to hate. Mara is our guy. Whether its justified or not.

But yes you make a good point and you win lol. I'll save the capgate arguments for a more well informed fan, which self-admittedly, I am not.
    Last edited by JustnSayin; 12-04-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants928 View Post
    There is no reason to pity us. Just because we might possibly be last place one day in the future? Of course we will enjoy being first place in the NFC east and the defending SB champs the second time in 4 years. We've seen a lot too Dave Brown, Ray Handley, etc.. so save your pity for yourself.
    You missed the point. I don't pity you because you will one day suck. I pity you because a majority of your fans are ignorant that they are watching some of the best Giant's football they'll ever see in their lifetime. And chances are, when they're stuck in a funk of mediocrity, they'll only wish they could return to the days of these "horrible" Tom Coughlin teams with these scrubs Osi, Tuck etc..

I do understand. But are you telling me that it wasn't a conflict of interest?

The Refs aren't affiliated with teams. They are a modestly independant authority. It would be nice if somehow an independant authority, if not simply an owner from the AFC could handle matters for the NFC and vice versa. I just think its a tad bit coincidental that both teams punished were from the NFC east and I find it hard to believe that they were the only offenders.

And informing them of the punishment the night before free agency began? In regards to an incident years ago? Really.

The whole thing was just lame. To expect anything less than a truely bitter fanbase, whether justified or not, is insanity. Everybody needs someone to hate. Mara is our guy. Whether its justified or not.

But yes you make a good point and you win lol. I'll save the capgate arguments for a more well informed fan, which self-admittedly, I am not.

You mean less well informed. And don't sell yourself short, you're tremendously uninformed!

The Refs work for the league...again, the same old guys who run everything else including the Commissioner.....so independent? Nope. Although they have no team alliance, their alliance is to the league and their union.

By the way, the unjustified/irrational hate thing makes perfect sense to me. That argument I get; you should have started with that and then we could have avoided this whole unfortunate thread.

Good luck with your owner. He may not be tall but at least he's clueless about football. So you guys have that going for you.

Which is nice.

Banned
    You mean less well informed. And don't sell yourself short, you're tremendously uninformed!

The Refs work for the league...again, the same old guys who run everything else including the Commissioner.....so independent? Nope. Although they have no team alliance, their alliance is to the league and their union.

By the way, the unjustified/irrational hate thing makes perfect sense to me. That argument I get; you should have started with that and then we could have avoided this whole unfortunate thread.

Good luck with your owner. He may not be tall but at least he's clueless about football. So you guys have that going for you.

Which is nice.
    Eh, I'm done.

But for future reference, try talking "to" somebody instead of "down to" somebody. It'll do you some good in life.

And incase you didn't notice, this "whole unfortunate thread" isn't even about capgate and was hardly stuck on the topic until you came along.

Looks like we could both use some informing.

Eh, I'm done.

But for future reference, try talking "to" somebody instead of "down to" somebody. It'll do you some good in life.

And incase you didn't notice, this "whole unfortunate thread" isn't even about capgate and was hardly stuck on the topic until you came along.

Looks like we could both use some informing.

This isn't life, it's a football message board; try to relax, Betty.

But I guess that's my bad. I must have misunderstood you when your original post stated "John Mara is a POS" I guess I just assumed that someone who would make a statement like that would actually know what they're talking about. Which is a ridiculous assumption given the thousands of posts here that serve as evidence to the contrary.

That said if I jumped on you too hard, I apologize - it wasn't my intent to insult you.

Banned
    This isn't life, it's a football message board; try to relax, Betty.

But I guess that's my bad. I must have misunderstood you when your original post stated "John Mara is a POS" I guess I just assumed that someone who would make a statement like that would actually know what they're talking about. Which is a ridiculous assumption given the thousands of posts here that serve as evidence to the contrary.

That said if I jumped on you too hard, I apologize - it wasn't my intent to insult you.
    All is well. Sweet dreams pumpkin