+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: I pity you guys (Giants Fans)

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    No one is saying that the team or the coaches should be immune from criticism. It's the over the top criticism -- calling for the firing of Super Bowl Champion coaches after every loss -- that is just downright stupid.
    THIS, holy crap, THIS

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by JustSayin View Post
    Redskins Fan Here.

I'm not here to talk smack about yesterdays game. All I have to say is blame the refs as you will, but big blue couldn't be stopped if they would have passed the ball. Our pass D is absolutely HORRIBLE. Good game nevertheless.

I've been through the likes of Jason Campbell, Donovan, Fat Albert, Adam Archuleta, JOHN BECK, Sexy Rexy, Shaun Suisham, Graham gaNO.

I've seen the Redskins attempt their swinging gate, have a Monday night massacre against Philly and just outright suck in every way, shape and form.

But through all the suckage I've been able to sit back and reflect on the glory days. The hogs. Darrell Green. Art Monk. Charles Mann.

I've silently browsed these (along with the Eagles and Cowboys) forums for a while, and I've noticed one sad thing. Many of you are entirely OBLIVIOUS. You bash your team, your players and your coach non-stop. You've won two superbowls with this group and are the defending champs, yet many of you claim that you're "Done".

All I came here to say was, and without trying to be an antogonist, ENJOY THE GLORY DAYS. Giant's football is very much alive. You guys always start sucking this time of year and then BAM, Superbowl.

There will be times in the future, I PROMISE, that you will feel like the biggest jackass for bashing this team. Wake up and be good fans. It's embarassing. Obviously this doesn't apply to everybody.

Sure, your co-owner Mara is a POS - but I felt it my duty to remind you guys that one day you will return to the cellar of the NFC east (just like every team does eventually) and will look back on these days fondly. Enjoy them.

Sincerely,
    A fan who has seen A LOT
    I appreciate your comments. I don't understand all the Mara hatred though.

We are not firing on all cylinders and could not get past your team with a so so effort. I said when Shanhan took the job the Skins would become our new rivals in the division

Eagles and Cowboys are fading, and Shanhan obviously knows what he is doing.......always has......he is just a rough around the edges personality- but results count too
    Last edited by BParcells777; 12-05-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    THIS, holy crap, THIS
    While I certainly agree that calling for coaches to be fired after tough losses is silly, its a fans right to be "fanatical" after a tough loss.
    Its just blowing off steam and dealing with frustration.
    Calmer heads do eventually prevail. (usually)
    Its all part of the dance. Embrace it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    While I certainly agree that calling for coaches to be fired after tough losses is silly, its a fans right to be "fanatical" after a tough loss.
    Its just blowing off steam and dealing with frustration.
    Calmer heads do eventually prevail. (usually)
    Its all part of the dance. Embrace it.
    but this kind of knee-jerk reaction rarely happens...unless your the Lakers.

bottomline is we have to see if Fewell has the capability to gameplan to negate RG and Morris...

and for me, trading our FGs made for TDs to be would have made a lot of differences in many of the games our Team has played in at least the last 2 seasons.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I appreciate your comments. I don't understand all the Maa hatred though.
    Redskins fans are pissed that they lost money on the salary cap and blame Mara for that. The Redskins and Cowboys dumped used the uncapped year as an opportunity to dump salary to free up cap space in subsequent years. The league told teams repeatedly not to do it, but the Cowboys and Redskins did it anyway. Whether the league has the authority to actually tell them what to do in an uncapped year is certainly up for dispute.

In any event, the Redskins and Cowboys went on with the dumping and the league instituted serious cap penalties on them this season. Mara came out and said he thought the penalties were appropriate and they are lucky they didn't lose draft picks, so now Redskins fans hate him for saying that.

whatever.........I'm more worried abotu the Redskins team, than the Redskins fan opinion

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue2180 View Post
    Redskins fans are pissed that they lost money on the salary cap and blame Mara for that. The Redskins and Cowboys dumped used the uncapped year as an opportunity to dump salary to free up cap space in subsequent years. The league told teams repeatedly not to do it, but the Cowboys and Redskins did it anyway. Whether the league has the authority to actually tell them what to do in an uncapped year is certainly up for dispute.

In any event, the Redskins and Cowboys went on with the dumping and the league instituted serious cap penalties on them this season. Mara came out and said he thought the penalties were appropriate and they are lucky they didn't lose draft picks, so now Redskins fans hate him for saying that.
    Just to add a fact to this foolishness, 29 owners voted to penalize the Cowboys and Redskins. Of the three that didn't, you can guess who two were and the third was also investigated for a lesser infraction and didn't vote.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    but this kind of knee-jerk reaction rarely happens...unless your the Lakers.

bottomline is we have to see if Fewell has the capability to gameplan to negate RG and Morris...

and for me, trading our FGs made for TDs to be would have made a lot of differences in many of the games our Team has played in at least the last 2 seasons.
    I don't know...I think it happens all the time. If you ask 10 Giants fans what the problem is this year, you get 10 different answers. Ultimately in today's NFL anyone can beat anyone. Everyone has good coaches and players. So when we lose a game like this fans get frustrated. So its no one's fault and its everyone's fault. Its just the modern NFL. So let them vent because no one (shockingly even Morehead) really knows why we win ot lose from game to game in real detail. The game is just too complicated. So we wear our hearts on our sleeves and overreact like we're supposed to.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Just to add a fact to this foolishness, 29 owners voted to penalize the Cowboys and Redskins. Of the three that didn't, you can guess who two were and the third was also investigated for a lesser infraction and didn't vote.
    Exactly. 28 organizations didn't take advantage/abuse the fact that it was an uncapped year (Skins, Boys, and to a lesser extent the Saints and Raiders did), but Mara is the ****. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSayin View Post
    Redskins Fan Here.

I'm not here to talk smack about yesterdays game. All I have to say is blame the refs as you will, but big blue couldn't be stopped if they would have passed the ball. Our pass D is absolutely HORRIBLE. Good game nevertheless.

I've been through the likes of Jason Campbell, Donovan, Fat Albert, Adam Archuleta, JOHN BECK, Sexy Rexy, Shaun Suisham, Graham gaNO.

I've seen the Redskins attempt their swinging gate, have a Monday night massacre against Philly and just outright suck in every way, shape and form.

But through all the suckage I've been able to sit back and reflect on the glory days. The hogs. Darrell Green. Art Monk. Charles Mann.

I've silently browsed these (along with the Eagles and Cowboys) forums for a while, and I've noticed one sad thing. Many of you are entirely OBLIVIOUS. You bash your team, your players and your coach non-stop. You've won two superbowls with this group and are the defending champs, yet many of you claim that you're "Done".

All I came here to say was, and without trying to be an antogonist, ENJOY THE GLORY DAYS. Giant's football is very much alive. You guys always start sucking this time of year and then BAM, Superbowl.

There will be times in the future, I PROMISE, that you will feel like the biggest jackass for bashing this team. Wake up and be good fans. It's embarassing. Obviously this doesn't apply to everybody.

Sure, your co-owner Mara is a POS - but I felt it my duty to remind you guys that one day you will return to the cellar of the NFC east (just like every team does eventually) and will look back on these days fondly. Enjoy them.

Sincerely,
    A fan who has seen A LOT
    I am old enough to have been in the Giants basement and I hear what you are saying.
    Except **** YOU for what you said about Mara. Great owner, great family, and great organization.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread