+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RGIII wasn't the problem, Alfred Morris was

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yep its a well designed offense. The Giants defense did a good job for the most part. In this era of football with the resources the Giants have used on skill positions the last few years u expect to win if u hold a team under 20 points
    This game could have been played much different in the second half had they scored more points in the first half. The Washington rookies played good the other night but the defense of theirs was the bigger story. That or the lack scoring offense by the Giants. If you said before the game RG3 would have 163 passing and 72 yards rushing while Eli had 280 yards passing and Bradshaw had 104 yards rushing you would probably have thought the Giants won.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    Alfred Morris is a tank of a RB...can't believe he was a 6th rounder...
    It's not the back, but the system. How many crap RBs have come out of Shanahan's system with 1000 yards? A ton.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    It's not the back, but the system. How many crap RBs have come out of Shanahan's system with 1000 yards? A ton.
    True for the most part but I can't say that I really expected him to break so many tackles this season. We hit him for a 2-3 yard gain and then he stretches out for another 5. It's just demoralizing.

Part of the reason he gets so many yards after contact is that because of gap responsibilities with an option offense, the defense can only get one player there to make the tackle. It will inherently take a second or two before other defenders can abort their responsibility and help make the tackle.

Solution there would be to get players who can always make the one on one tackle. Particularly linebackers and safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Part of the reason he gets so many yards after contact is that because of gap responsibilities with an option offense, the defense can only get one player there to make the tackle. It will inherently take a second or two before other defenders can abort their responsibility and help make the tackle.

Solution there would be to get players who can always make the one on one tackle. Particularly linebackers and safeties.
    Which we largely lack for the most part. KP is actually a pretty good run defender but he was ineffective last night with his injury.

I bet someone like Adrian Peterson salivates at the idea of what Morris has to face in the running game. He would easily break 125+ a game with that kind of scheme.

Veteran
    it is a very hard Offense to defend. I think the best defense against this team is the 49ers defense, a 3-4 with fast linebackers oand second the Steelers with physcial Linbackers also 3-4. The 3-4 gives the line backers the responsibility of finding the ball while the line closes the gaps, they have more time to read and react and get to the ball, RG3 is stunting the progression of 4-3 DE's. It's hard to ask to contain then rush or rush then wait! contain especially when your playing on the line and you have a 300 pound line man in your face and you as the first line of defense the DE/DT can't locate the ball.

I do not blame the DE's for this. Can't blame the Line backers as much either they are in the same boat but they have the task of covering the intermediate routes by the TE/ Z receiver, as well as stoping the run, or RG3 himself. It seems against this offense Speed beats speed or at least counters it. How I would of dealt with it, and this might not work but i think it would of put more pressure on RG3 to make faster decisions and when dealing with QB's like him if they have to make faster decisions 9.99/10 times they are keeping the ball in their hands to make the play rather than hand it off.

I would of sent a blitzing safety all the time, and cover two the other two safties. press man on the outside or at least 5 off man rather than 7-8 like I was seeing the other night. the line plays contain and sunt on the the DE's with the Linebacker on that side cover the remained DE assignment. I think that blitzing Safety alone would of forced RG3 to move/roll out rather than pause our line with the read react offense its all react now with a blitzing safety and a stunting DE. Just a thought.

I am actually pleased with the defensive play, trust me 17 points against that offense is a good thing, the loss sucks yes but with the remaining schedule going forward, I think our romp on the packers was not a fluke; we just do better against traditional pocket passing offenses. the only problem I with the skins game was the offensive intensity, the play calling was head scratching at times, and the drops are nerve wrecking. An over thrown pass to cruz/ an under thrown pass to nicks, both possible 6's.

Meh whatever GO GIANTS!!!
    back to draft section

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Yes, how did the giants miss this guy!!! Then again our drafts have been questionable in the later rounds for a few years now. Yes we could not stop the run but RGIII presence caused some of that. He also nearly ran for 85 yards!! It was a combination of many factors.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Yes, how did the giants miss this guy!!! Then again our drafts have been questionable in the later rounds for a few years now. Yes we could not stop the run but RGIII presence caused some of that. He also nearly ran for 85 yards!! It was a combination of many factors.
    There were 172 players picked ahead of Morris.
    Ask the Skins they waited until the 6th round.

+ Reply to Thread