+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Eh, they all kind of feed off of each other. The fact that RG3 can run to either side, turn the edge, and make huge gains with his legs opens up things for Morris between the OL in that zone scheme. He wouldn't be over 1000 yards in the majority of other NFL schemes since only a few other QBs are so threatening to a defense like RG3 is.

bingo

Quote Originally Posted by fourth&forever View Post
    I gotta say that Morris is one tough tackle to make. Saw that clearly the first meeting also.

THIS IS NOT A SLOBBER.
    Lol Morris reminds me of Larry Czonka.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Our Dline supposedly is good against the run....blackburn, kiwi are supposedly good against the run....our safeties are supposedly good against the run...

What are the chances that us as fans overrate our own guys?
    This defensive line has been suspect against the run all year.....and against the pass, they seem to take entire games off.

I don't know what Fewell dialed up last night, but I'm sick and tired of watching this defense play a guessing game.

They should have had something assigned to follow RG3 everywhere.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    This defensive line has been suspect against the run all year.....and against the pass, they seem to take entire games off.

I don't know what Fewell dialed up last night, but I'm sick and tired of watching this defense play a guessing game.

They should have had something assigned to follow RG3 everywhere.
    Why don't the defensive ends just stay outside? Get so sick of Osi jumping inside and then chasing...ugh!

He's a hard runner, in an excellent blocking scheme, with a QB who poses a huge threat. Not to discredit Morris, but he benefits greatly from the threat of Griffin, but the kid in his own right is a load.

RG3, Al Morris and keep on going.
    The Giants just beat themselves. They couldn't score in the red zone and it cost them the game. There are injuries on the OL, something looks wrong with Nicks and Cruz looks a little tentative going over the middle. For all the knocking on Bradshaw that I've been reading at least the man plays with fire in his belly - something that looked like the Giants were lacking in last night.

That game could very well have cost the Giants the division but I hope not.

Starter
    Morris was a problem yeah, but out linebackers are hideous against the run anyway so it doesn't really matter at this point.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Eh, they all kind of feed off of each other. The fact that RG3 can run to either side, turn the edge, and make huge gains with his legs opens up things for Morris between the OL in that zone scheme. He wouldn't be over 1000 yards in the majority of other NFL schemes since only a few other QBs are so threatening to a defense like RG3 is.
    You are way too intelligent to be spending all your time on this board with some of these numbskulls(not everybody... I respect a few more). I rarely show up now because reading or even attempting to debate with idiots brings you down to an idiot level. Have fun though man... continue teaching.

its RG3 to. All the fakes and the threat of the speedy receivers beating u over the top holds up the safeties. The Giants LB's are so bad they need the secondary to help out against the run. The Giants game plan was fine on defense they scored 17 points. The Giants counted on the offense to be somewhat productive against 1 of the worst defenses in the NFL and they werent

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    You are way too intelligent to be spending all your time on this board with some of these numbskulls(not everybody... I respect a few more). I rarely show up now because reading or even attempting to debate with idiots brings you down to an idiot level. Have fun though man... continue teaching.
    Yep its a well designed offense. The Giants defense did a good job for the most part. In this era of football with the resources the Giants have used on skill positions the last few years u expect to win if u hold a team under 20 points