+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 176

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

  1. #51
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    You know one of the biggest reasons why i defend the coaches? Anytime its obvious that Eli kills the play at the line and switches it to a run, i always immediately click the game day thread which i always have bookmarked. And guess what the first comments are? "HEHEH OMFG GILBRIDE SUCKS HE RUNS RUNS RUNS LMFAO HEHAHA DUUH."On a 3rd and 5 i remember nicks running his route 2 yards short of the first down. Guess what the first comments were toward that play? "HEHAHE OMFG KILLDIVE RUNS A PLAY SHORT OF THE FIRST DOWN HE SUCKS LMFAO EHEHAHAAH." We run the ball twice setting up a 3rd and short (4 yards to go or less), and all of a sudden "WTF RUN RUN RUN HEHEHE KILDRIVE."Watch next weeks game carefully if you dont believe me. No one here will know for a fact since none of us actually have the play book, but on some of these plays you can see its obvious the play was changed. Eli will change a few plays at the line and if it doesnt go well everyone is going to blame Gilbrde. What gets me is the fact that eli can change the play to a run or pass depending on what he sees in the defense. Ill even PM you when it happens. Watch. Its come to the point where you get the feeling its just a bunch of 10 year olds watching the game. Thats why i cant help but to keep defending the coaching. Even if i dont agree with some of the calls.Well said. I understand if they cant get a pass rush on RG3 because of contain issues. But they along with the defense played soft vs the run. Canty was the only one who imo held his own. I kept saying to myself, why not just hit rg3 on every play even if you know the RB has the ball?I 100% agree with the OP. We controlled the time of possession and did a very good job of running the football. People dont realize that bradshaw had 24 carries for 103 yards and averaged 4.3 yards a carry. We just couldnt execute. This loss in mainly on the offense. The defense played solid in the first half ill give you that, but to think the defense played good the whole game is a joke. The defense played bad also. Isn't that what rolle was pretty much implying after the game?
    I dont always blame the coaches. But if you think its strictly execution then there's a problem. Yes Washingtons defense was playing okay, but we were playing better in the 1st half. Guess what Washington did in the 2nd half? They adjusted to our scheme and we did not to theres. Penalties hurt as well. How do you go from completely dominant in the 1st half to horrible in the 2nd? As a matter of fact, how do you go from scoring 38 points against Green Bay to only 16 now? We go through this every year under Coughlin minus 2008. He's a terrific coach, a terrific person, but he has a hard time adjusting. I'm not calling for him to be fired but it's the truth.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    the offense didnt fumble the ball nor throw an int. in fact the running game was good oline and eli was good and bennett cruz and nicks were good. so we only scored 16 points why??? well look at the guy calling the plays there is no one left to blame
    so basically the running game and the passing game was good but the play calling was bad? this makes sense. the players didnt make any mistakes in the redzone. its not like they committed any penalties or anything, right? This is a perfect example of why i have to defend the coaching. Now, i am not saying they coached the perfect game, but you just complimented our running and passing game and then you say the play calling was bad. Obviously we only scored 16 points but a huge part of that was due to dumb penalties that were not the coaches fault.

    Am i the only one who sees the irony in some of these posts? is it just me?
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-05-2012 at 08:15 AM.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I dont always blame the coaches. But if you think its strictly execution then there's a problem. Yes Washingtons defense was playing okay, but we were playing better in the 1st half. Guess what Washington did in the 2nd half? They adjusted to our scheme and we did not to theres. Penalties hurt as well. How do you go from completely dominant in the 1st half to horrible in the 2nd? As a matter of fact, how do you go from scoring 38 points against Green Bay to only 16 now? We go through this every year under Coughlin minus 2008. He's a terrific coach, a terrific person, but he has a hard time adjusting. I'm not calling for him to be fired but it's the truth.
    Please tell me what the redskins did to adjust in the second half because maybe i am going blind. In the first half i saw the option. And in the second half i saw, well, the option again. Since rg3 has been the QB, you've seen the option, and they have always been a run first team. And did you sit there waiting through all of my edits?

  4. #54
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Please tell me what the redskins did to adjust in the second half because maybe i am going blind. In the first half i saw the option. And in the second half i saw, well, the option again. Since rg3 has been the QB, you've seen the option, and they have always been a run first team. And did you sit there waiting through all of my edits?
    I did. I'm very thoughtful. Yeah um..we couldn't stop the option. I dont care if we only held them to 17 points, we jumped on every play action except like one. When I mentioned the 2nd half, I was talking about the Skin defense. They stopped the run. Now what do we decide to do? Run! The run kept getting stopped which forced Eli to do 7 step dropbacks looking for Cruz and Hakeem to come open.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I did. I'm very thoughtful. Yeah um..we couldn't stop the option. I dont care if we only held them to 17 points, we jumped on every play action except like one. When I mentioned the 2nd half, I was talking about the Skin defense. They stopped the run. Now what do we decide to do? Run! The run kept getting stopped which forced Eli to do 7 step dropbacks looking for Cruz and Hakeem to come open.
    okay no more editing. and you didnt answer my question.
    Please tell me what the redskins did to adjust in the second half


    We know the redskins offense basically played us in 2 formations the whole game and killed us with the option read. Maybe you could tell me what the redskins did differently on defense.

  6. #56
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    so basically the running game and the passing game was good but the play calling was bad? this makes sense. the players didnt make any mistakes in the redzone. its not like they committed any penalties or anything, right? This is a perfect example of why i have to defend the coaching. Now, i am not saying they coached the perfect game, but you just complimented our running and passing game and then you say the play calling was bad. Obviously we only scored 16 points but a huge part of that was due to dumb penalties that were not the coaches fault.

    Am i the only one who sees the irony in some of these posts? is it just me?
    You can call predictable plays that put players in a postion where they almost have to commit penalties
    due tot he opposite team reading it 100%. With that said, some of those called penalties were bogus.
    So much so, they refused to even show them on replay. Next your going to tell me you can;t call a penalty
    on every return. Plenty of uncalled blocks in the back from the skins, none called. Either call them or don't,
    same story for alot of our games over the past several years. It would be different if we only got 1 penalty on
    special teams and the got none.

  7. #57
    You can call predictable plays that put players in a postion where they almost have to commit penalties
    due tot he opposite team reading it 100%


    next thing you know, predictable plays is what put locklear in position to in injured. I too think KG needs to do a better job with the play calling, but this right here is just laughable. If someone trips in the parking lot its KG"s fault

  8. #58
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    okay no more editing. and you didnt answer my question. [/COLOR] We know the redskins offense basically played us in 2 formations the whole game and killed us with the option read. Maybe you could tell me what the redskins did differently on defense.
    Stopping the run forcing Eli to throw to make it simple. Question answered?

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The offensive players cost them the game. Only the offense and special teams where called for penalties. The defense and coaches where not. They had no answer for RG3? He did not have a great night. He had 163 yards passing and 72 yards rushing. That is good enough to win when you hold him to those numbers. Remember 46 of those rushing yards came on a single play where the very next play the defense caused a fumble so it didn't hurt them. Oh, that turnover was turned into another field goal and the only points of the second half for the Giants. The Giants lost because they had the ball in scoring position 5 times and scored 1 TD, kicked 4 field goals, and missed 1 of them.

    Where the Giants D failed was in allowing Griffin to convert First Downs time after time dude...... what they held him to only distorts the picture, giving the Defensive play a false look of success!
    Holding teams on third down has been the Defense's bugaboo all season.
    Eli was 20/33 for 280 with a TD and zero INT's.....where are all these errant passes people are talking about?
    Cruz had a 100 yds receiving.....Bradshaw 100 yds rushing....the numbers of the game, and our eyes tell the story of what was to blame for this loss.........Gilbrides playcalling, penalties, and the D allowing the Redskins to convert first downs.
    Look at the game again and count how many times Gilbride called for the delayed draw up the middle for no gain when Eli was having a good throwing day. Don't tell me it wasn't the playcalling that takes a lions share of the blame here, because it most definitely does!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 12-05-2012 at 09:13 AM.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Stopping the run forcing Eli to throw to make it simple. Question answered?
    this doesnt tell me how they adjusted to our scheme but its okay. you're assuming they adjusted because they played better in the second half. It could very well be a result of them just executing better. I dont remember their defense being much different in the second half in terms of stopping the run but i would have to go back and rewatch the game.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts