+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    He said it on the Mike Francesa show a while back. Mike ask him if he has the whole playbook if he can audible into or he he just has a couple of plays and Eli said he had just a couple of plays.
    So... if it is just a couple of plays, then the playcalling falls primarily on KG, not Eli, assuming I understand correctly. The way some people talk, it sounded as if KG did nothing except watch while Eli called the plays from the line... which would beg the question, why would you need such a high priced OC? This makes more sense.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    this is not true at all

there are many QBs in the league who are not allowed audible responsibility

there may even be less QBs allowed this responsibility than ones that are

Michael Vick is among those who is given a play....and he runs that play

when you see most of these QBs barking at the line before a cadence they are adjusting protections not changing plays

....and Eli has access to the whole game plan when at the line not only the plays sent into his ear piece
    u sure about that last one? ive read kg and eli both talk about how eli will get 3 plays called into his ear including the actual play call. eli can audible into 1 of the 2 other plays based on the d. im 99.9% sure thats how we do it...

he cannot audible out of a formation at least hes never done so yet. if we come out in the I, he cant suddenly go to an empty set shotgun formation, he's given diff options but those options still fall under the parameter of what KG sends in

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You're confusing Eli checking into plays with audibling.

Eli gets 2 or 3 plays that he calls in the huddle and checks into one at the line depending on the defensive look that's given. Besides that he has full audible control to change into any play that is in the gameplan if he doesn't like what he sees versus what he called in the huddle.
    i just dont know if thats true, if it is, we've never seen it. as far as i remember, i cant recall a tme we've ever come out in say offset I, and eli checks into a shotgun formation or from goal line to I etc etc. the changes are within the formation called by KG...

in the 2 min hurry up then yes but even then the 1rst play eli will usually be given 3 plays and from those 3 plays we'll run the hurry up until we get a chance to huddle or stop the clock

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    u sure about that last one? ive read kg and eli both talk about how eli will get 3 plays called into his ear including the actual play call. eli can audible into 1 of the 2 other plays based on the d. im 99.9% sure thats how we do it...

he cannot audible out of a formation at least hes never done so yet. if we come out in the I, he cant suddenly go to an empty set shotgun formation, he's given diff options but those options still fall under the parameter of what KG sends in
    This^^^

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    So... if it is just a couple of plays, then the playcalling falls primarily on KG, not Eli, assuming I understand correctly. The way some people talk, it sounded as if KG did nothing except watch while Eli called the plays from the line... which would beg the question, why would you need such a high priced OC? This makes more sense.
    Like 420 has been saying it depends on what formation they are in....he can't just change from I formation to spread. That would be the whole playbook if he could do that I assume.

All-Pro
    Like 420 has been saying it depends on what formation they are in....he can't just change from I formation to spread. That would be the whole playbook if he could do that I assume.
    Which is how I have always understood the workings of this offense, but I have seen several people say he has the entire playbook... and that is why I questioned if there was a valid source for that. This is often used in the "coaching vs execution" arguments that we see far too often on this board... because it is almost certainly a combination of the two. Some seem to have the impression that coaches have no impact on the game while others think they are the only factor. Coaches are there to coach and players must play, it is both, not an either or.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Which is how I have always understood the workings of this offense, but I have seen several people say he has the entire playbook... and that is why I questioned if there was a valid source for that. This is often used in the "coaching vs execution" arguments that we see far too often on this board... because it is almost certainly a combination of the two. Some seem to have the impression that coaches have no impact on the game while others think they are the only factor. Coaches are there to coach and players must play, it is both, not an either or.
    you are correct 100% and I agree.

All-Pro
    you are correct 100% and I agree.
    Thank you... that may be a first for me

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

he has access to anything available in that personnel package and formation

which is my understanding as well. further, all the things that eli can audible to are determined during the week based on KGs plan. the gameplan alters slightly week to week, so too, I would assume the audible packages. Its all supposed to work towards the gameplan. now i did read that a couple yrs ago maybe he has been given more leniency, the only thing that would lead me to doubt that he is able to just go into whatever play he chooses is that would put a TREMENDOUS amount of added pressure on the rest of the O unit.
    i dont think any of us know for sure but i described my understanding of it from what ive read

+ Reply to Thread