+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yes we do. we do know for sure eli/kg have discussed this.
    link?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We have an outstanding coaching staff. We have good players but we aren't loaded with talent when compared to other teams.
    They may not call every play the way we like but TC is as good as any coach in football at preparing his team for the next opponent.

Its just the way it is with him. Our problems have little or nothing to do with coaching.
    so you don't think we should have attacked the 31st ranked pass defense with an all-out aerial assault.
    they were more than happy to let us help them run the clock out.
    poor game-plan.
    that is the coaching i am referring to.
    i'm not saying they don't have knowledge of X's and O's.
    that's not the the same as being an excellent strategist or adjusting and thinking on your feet.
    this staff sucks at that stuff.
    they know how to run a slant....or whatever play you can name.....they just have no clue as to the "when"
    or against which team or players.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    so you don't think we should have attacked the 31st ranked pass defense with an all-out aerial assault.
    poor game-plan.
    that's not the the same as being an excellent strategist or adjusting and thinking on your feet.
    they know how to run a slant....or whatever play you can name.....they just have no clue as to the "when"
    Please list all of the coaches that you believe would do a better job than TC in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i see u been reading my posts lol or great minds think alike.
    gruden acknowledged it at the start of the game, i was so stoked bc i had a convo with a skins fan on here and some of my in person friends about how the skins are running a 1 read (pass OR run its still a 1 read) pistol spread option. Every decision he makes is predicated on it being 1 read then take off. and thats all based off that PA option bs they do (god I wish our DE's woulda hit him insteada becoming presidents of the rg3 fan club). As u said and ive been saying, its much easier to do that especially when ur freezing safeties and lb's. the replay of that final rg3 pass to garcon that killed the clock, the lbs were brutal to watch.
    but yeah, a lot of high % throws; slant, quick tempo swing pass to the WR behind the LOS, and the seam 8-10 yds downfield behind the lbs frozen by the PA option and then the deep ball which he does have a cannon arm. however on passes rg3 throws that dont involve the option PA, his ypa is 5.7 or last in the league...says something imo. ive felt from the beginning since i saw washingtons offense that they are running that bc there is a flaw in rg3s game, jmho.

but habits are tough to break, and this could end up being dentrimental to rg3 in the long run. luck is running a pro offense and making the mistakes necessary to learn from in order to truly be an elite game changer and not just based off a gimmick.

eventually, every team (maybe except ours bc they do love and fear rg3 tuck n osi that is and it spread to jpp imo) is gonna b-line it straight to rg3 when he does that bs option tom foolery and gonna lay the lumber. its what we should have done. and if rg3 isnt ready to run a pro nfl offense, the skins are gonna go thru a year of growing pains he coulda gotten outta the way already like indy has...im actually happy theyre running that offense and i mean that. jason cambell was a very enticing high ceiling prospect that washington killed, its not crazy to think washington screws rg3 up, imho, theyre doing so already; besides them not helping rg3 read defenses, hes already taken a ton of lethal hits due to their offense
    Well said. It's like everyone gets mad at you when you say you want to see improvement from the guy.

Like you said defense are going to start playing man and make it difficult for RG3 to make his first read and then they will just go straight at him and hit him on every play. What kills me is this defense has the speed to stop this guy with our DE and they get fooled everytime with that option gimmick offense. Osi should realize if he is unblocked that Griffen is going to run and not over persue and keep him contain till helps from the linebackers come.Tuck don't even get me started with him he just totally gives up when RG3 makes it to the edge. I cannot tell you how many times I saw that on Monday night.

It's really sad that Tuck is rubbing off on JPP. JPP is how old 23-24,,,,and Tuck teaches him this negative and uninspired play. JPP used to have a motor that was bar none. Now it's like well if the CAPTAIN of the team is giving up chasing this guy I might as well too. We need some nice new young hungry players cause TUCK and Osi have done it all and are ready to retire. Sad cause Tuck is 29 and should want to be one of the Giants great but he'll never get there cause of his attitude. Could you imagine Strahan praising RG3 like Tuck and Osi did....NO way he would. I heard Strahan left like 2 seconds after the game he was probably sick of the love fest that was going on in the middle of the field. Tuck makes me sick he never even talked about Eli like he talks about RG3.

Luck is dedicated to play the quarterback position and finding out all the nuances of reading defense and changing plays... not making subway commercials. It's sad that Luck is being overshadowed by RG3 with The Redskins taylored their whole offense to RG3 and like you said Luck is going through the growing pains of playing the quarterback position. Everyone compares RG3 numbers to Luck but fail to realize that Luck has an aggressive downfield vertical passing game kind of like ours. To me luck should win rookie of the year. You see that Luck can make plays with his feet but does it as the last resort after he goes through all his progressions.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 12-05-2012 at 07:14 PM.

poor game-plan.
    We threw the ball 33 times. We had more pass plays than that with one scramble by Eli, one sack and a few called back due to penalties. We threw a lot more than we ran. You make it sound like all we did was run the ball. We were inbalanced in our attack towards the pass on Monday.
    But neither you or I have examined film on the Wash. defense. They don't rely on overly simplistic facts like "they are 31st against the pass". They actually study their strengths and weaknesses based on real thing other than stats created for fans.

So to answer your question, I really don't know what they should have done because I haven't studied the Wash. defense play by play, throughout the year. I also don't know what adjustments they made for this game against us.

Of course neither do you.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Please list all of the coaches that you believe would do a better job than TC in NY.
    Belichik , S Payton , Lovie Smith , either Harbough , Tomlin , John Fox ....
    maybe Mooch , i'd even take KG over TC .

but not..."the chin" or "chucky" or Dungy

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We threw the ball 33 times. We had more pass plays than that with one scramble by Eli, one sack and a few called back due to penalties. We threw a lot more than we ran. You make it sound like all we did was run the ball. We were inbalanced in our attack towards the pass on Monday.
    But neither you or I have examined film on the Wash. defense. They don't rely on overly simplistic facts like "they are 31st against the pass". They actually study their strengths and weaknesses based on real thing other than stats created for fans.

So to answer your question, I really don't know what they should have done because I haven't studied the Wash. defense play by play, throughout the year. I also don't know what adjustments they made for this game against us.

Of course neither do you.
    i don't think Wash has more talent than we do.
    but Shanahan owns TC.

i don't think Wash has more talent than we do.
    but Shanahan owns TC.
    I don't think they do either. I think they made fewer mistakes than we did.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The defense only had one turnover and there was a fluke TD scored in this game. They where probably the hottest offense in the league and where held to 17 points, a fluke TD as part of that 17, and RG3 did not put up super human stats as the media would like us all to believe. You are right, they won the TOP. Thats what makes it so sad the only scored 16 points.
    The defense gave up 7.1 yards a play and 6.7 yards a rush and allowed Washington to hold the ball for 17+ minutes in the second half and for over 10 minutes in the 4Q alone. Hardly a great day at the office for them.
    Last edited by Drez; 12-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I am well aware of how we do our checks and this is not just something Eli has control over. Every QB in the NFL has this same responsibility, even Alex smith and Colin Kaepernick.
    this is not true at all

there are many QBs in the league who are not allowed audible responsibility

there may even be less QBs allowed this responsibility than ones that are

Michael Vick is among those who is given a play....and he runs that play

when you see most of these QBs barking at the line before a cadence they are adjusting protections not changing plays

....and Eli has access to the whole game plan when at the line not only the plays sent into his ear piece
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 12-05-2012 at 05:54 PM.