+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    he has access to anything available in that personnel package and formation
    Then why do we have an OC? If Eli can change the play in the huddle before he can even see when the defense gets set. I could've sworn that the calls are called in to him and he has a certain amount of plays based on the formation that they are playing and he could audible into one of those plays.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Then why do we have an OC? If Eli can change the play in the huddle before he can even see when the defense gets set. I could've sworn that the calls are called in to him and he has a certain amount of plays based on the formation that they are playing and he could audible into one of those plays.
    Exactly how I feel... if Eli is calling all the plays at the line, and KG is merely a high paid spectator on game day, let's get rid of him and use that extra money to get the best DC available!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Then why do we have an OC if Eli can change the play in the huddle before he can even see when the defense gets set. I could've sworn that the calls are called in to him. IDK...
    why in the world would he change the plays called while still in the huddle?

there are multiple plays called in to the QB

if he gets to the LOS and sees a favorable coverage that he thinks can be taken advantage of by a certain route combination or running play Eli can audible into any play in the game plan that runs out of the formation and personnel package that they are in

he is one of the only QBs in the league given this freedom
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 12-05-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Exactly how I feel... if Eli is calling all the plays at the line, and KG is merely a high paid spectator on game day, let's get rid of him and use that extra money to get the best DC available!
    lol....I like PF. I know I'm in the minority but I think Tuck, Osi, and Webster have regressed this year and I think it hurts his scheme big time. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    why in the world would he change the plays called in the huddle?

there are multiple plays called in to the QB

if he gets to the LOS and sees a favorable coverage that he thinks can be taken advantage of by a certain route combination or running play Eli can audible into any play in the game plan that runs out of the formation and personnel package that they are in

he is one of the only QBs in the league given this freedom
    Cause that is what we are talking about if he changes the plays in the huddle or at the LOS....I guess we are all misunderstanding each other then. We all thought you were talking about the huddle my bad.

lol....I like PF. I know I'm in the minority but I think Tuck, Osi, and Webster have regressed this year and I think it hurts his scheme big time. But that's just me.
    I don't know that I would say they've regressed. I just think their games have declined due to age. We have some aging players all over the roster that just aren't as good as they used to be.
    It may be time to start looking at replacements for some of our core players.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i just dont know if thats true, if it is, we've never seen it. as far as i remember, i cant recall a tme we've ever come out in say offset I, and eli checks into a shotgun formation or from goal line to I etc etc. the changes are within the formation called by KG...

in the 2 min hurry up then yes but even then the 1rst play eli will usually be given 3 plays and from those 3 plays we'll run the hurry up until we get a chance to huddle or stop the clock
    Just because he isn't changing the formation doesn't mean that he's not audibling out of one of the three plays that's called in the huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Just because he isn't changing the formation doesn't mean that he's not audibling out of one of the three plays that's called in the huddle.
    Look guys. You are all arguing about minutia here. The real point is that our offensive scheme in general, and our offensive game plan for each week, is a collaboration between KG, TC, other coaches AND ESPECIALLY the QB. No way Eli is left out of the establishment of the game plan.
    So ultimately, having said that, everyone is doing their best to beat the other team. And the real determining factor is the ability of the players to make it happen.
    Which gets us to the OP's point that "execution" on the field by both teams, generally determines the outcome. And this game was no different.
    They executed a little better than we did.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    It was an absolutely terrible gameplan. by shortening the game and keeping it low scoring it allowed for the skins to operate in their comfort zone on offense. quick scores would have forced the skins to be one dimensional. except the one dimension i am now talkin about isnt the strength of their team. our team is built to score big on offense and cause turnover at key moments on defense. They need to recognize their identity and play to their strengths in every game

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't know that I would say they've regressed. I just think their games have declined due to age. We have some aging players all over the roster that just aren't as good as they used to be.It may be time to start looking at replacements for some of our core players.
    uh...toma(y)to, toma(h)to

+ Reply to Thread