+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    It was an absolutely terrible gameplan. by shortening the game and keeping it low scoring it allowed for the skins to operate in their comfort zone on offense. quick scores would have forced the skins to be one dimensional. except the one dimension i am now talkin about isnt the strength of their team. our team is built to score big on offense and cause turnover at key moments on defense. They need to recognize their identity and play to their strengths in every game
    The defense not being able to get off the field in the second half was just as big of a reason, if not a bigger reason, for the loss as the offensive game plan. They held the ball over TEN minutes in the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    We're the friggin SB Champs!!!!
    I'd say our coaches have a record of getting the most out of our talent.
    Dude....I'm talking about the Monday Night game.....you're taking my comments out of context.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    why in the world would he change the plays called while still in the huddle?

there are multiple plays called in to the QB

if he gets to the LOS and sees a favorable coverage that he thinks can be taken advantage of by a certain route combination or running play Eli can audible into any play in the game plan that runs out of the formation and personnel package that they are in

he is one of the only QBs in the league given this freedom
    but wouldnt that mean the entire offense would then have to be as well versed in the playbook as the qb? i dunno if the other 10 guys are trusted with that. im sure elis prob has a lil more freedom than what i read a year or two ago, but if he has the ability to call the entire playbook from the LOS, that could be a reason why theres miscommunications. its kinda absurd to expect the other 10 guys to be able to get into any play at any moment on the fly in audible terminology. remember, when hes checking into plays hes not calling the plays by their huddle name, hes calling them by the cadences gone over during the week in preparation...
    so in essence the players would have to memorize our entire playbook in two different terminologies...i just dont see it. the limitations eli may face with audibles may not be bc of any flaw he has, it could be bc thats too much to ask of the other guys...knowing the playbook with the actual terminology of the play, and then the playbook in audible terminology...and then ud have to change that up week to week bc teams have film and study that **** religiously...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    If the game plan to control the ball and keep RGIII off the field was a good one that didn't result in a win only because of poor execution, why do you now think in hindsight that the way to beat RGIII is to air it out and outscore them?
    Because we don't score touchdowns in the redzone. We should have gone over the top all day on that secondary.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Your position would be more defendable if this coaching staff didn't win two SB's with a lot of different players, 4 years apart.

I think the "players overcame bad coaching" theory, flies in the face of logic.
    This comment of yours was directed at stormblue, but I'm going to jump in here.

I don't think people are arguing that Coughlin is a bad coach. They are arguing that Gilbride had a lame gameplan against the Redskins. There's a big difference.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I thought the gameplan was pretty good for the first half - own the time of possession and tire out their defense with some ground and pound. When it was the second half, we would take advantage of their adjustment to our run game and air it out. That's what I expected at least.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    but wouldnt that mean the entire offense would then have to be as well versed in the playbook as the qb? i dunno if the other 10 guys are trusted with that. im sure elis prob has a lil more freedom than what i read a year or two ago, but if he has the ability to call the entire playbook from the LOS, that could be a reason why theres miscommunications. its kinda absurd to expect the other 10 guys to be able to get into any play at any moment on the fly in audible terminology. remember, when hes checking into plays hes not calling the plays by their huddle name, hes calling them by the cadences gone over during the week in preparation...
    show me where in any of my posts I said the words "play book"

do you have any idea how many plays are in the playbook.......I'll tell you .....300 +

we are talking about a specific game plan...........not the playbook

and within that game plan are personnel packages

these personnel packages involve a certain amount of plays

this is why you see David Wilson only in on certain packages.....because his understanding of the terminology and protections is not yet to where it will eventually be

and yes Eli has the freedom to check into any play within the personnel package that they are in when the approach the LOS

he could absolutely change the formation if he wanted to .... but rarely would the playclock ever provide enough time to do that ....so that is not often likely

I mean this in the kindest way possible....you really have no clue what you are talking about

99% of the time when you guys assume Eli is checking out of a play at the LOS he is indeed changing protections due to the front that the defense shows during a dummy cadence

he may check out of a play 3 or 4 times in a game ....tops

and when he does it is usually from a pass to a run or vice versa

sometimes he is not even changing the whole play.....he may only change one of the receivers routes and the backs blocking assignment

....and yes ....all 11 guys on the offense understand all the terminology that pertains to their position and responsibility involved in the game plan.

this is their job

the receivers understand the whole route tree , the sight adjustments involved based on coverages , and the terminology involved in changing them at the LOS

the backs understand the protections and the terminology involved in changing it at the LOS...as do the linemen and TEs

this is what they do .....this is why they study and sit in meetings for so many hours per week

if they did not know every little bit of terminology ....they would not be on the field...
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 12-05-2012 at 11:20 PM.

I think the Giants did well against RGIII, but what killed late in the game was that we kept biting on the play fakes and couldn't stop the run. What disappointed me late in the game when we couldnt stop the run and never adjusted. We hardly blitzed, which I thought should been done more to disrupt the backfield. The Skins defense had a couple of good passes defended but otherwise hardly put any pressure on Eli who missed Giants offense missed a couple of big passes that would have been game breakers. We beat ourselves, not the RGIII or the skins. I wouldn't get disheartened though.

u said he has access to the entire gameplan at the LOS.
    thats simply not true imo. u can claim i dont know aht im talking about. thats fine. i know i've read kg gives eli the play and then 2 plays on top to change to as the audibles. plays called in the huddle are diff terminology than when at the LOS as well. the other 10 guys would have to know the entire gameplan in two diff languages basically for the entire gameplan to be accessible at the LOS bc u certainly dont want teams to know the plays you run thus creating an audible that represents said play but term can be changed repeatedly.
    we can agree to disagree i guess but its been my contention that the audibles are part of the gameplan, and that there are certain audible checks given for certain defensive looks. and while u claim we can, i've never seen us switch into diff formations at the LOS. which again, my contention was eli prob has earned more freedom then when i read the article a couple years ago and has the ability to audible into any play in that formation, but during the week the plays are discussed and implemented under the terminology that will be changed week to week.

i dunno if there was some confusion but i think if u go back and reread what i've said, i hadnt stated anything incorrect and asked for clarification if i was wrong. i havent read anything that leads me to believe I am, so we;ll agree to disagree that i dont know what im talking about at all
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-06-2012 at 12:14 AM.

A team should never use ball control until at the end of the game. When you are up and there is going to be litle to no time on the clock. You limit yourself with that ball control and Giants did that trying to establish the run. Just play the game and gameplan in trying to score.

+ Reply to Thread