+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants928 View Post
    I think the Giants did well against RGIII, but what killed late in the game was that we kept biting on the play fakes and couldn't stop the run. What disappointed me late in the game when we couldnt stop the run and never adjusted. We hardly blitzed, which I thought should been done more to disrupt the backfield. The Skins defense had a couple of good passes defended but otherwise hardly put any pressure on Eli who missed Giants offense missed a couple of big passes that would have been game breakers. We beat ourselves, not the RGIII or the skins. I wouldn't get disheartened though.
    Giants should have gone with a healthy dose of run blitzes. Granted, that opens things up in the passing lanes, and he'd hit plays.....but damn, the Skins just ripped off running plays in 8 yard clips.....I'd rather take my chances with the ball in the air then defending 2nd and 2 pretty much all game.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Giants should have gone with a healthy dose of run blitzes. Granted, that opens things up in the passing lanes, and he'd hit plays.....but damn, the Skins just ripped off running plays in 8 yard clips.....I'd rather take my chances with the ball in the air then defending 2nd and 2 pretty much all game.
    Agreed.

i woulda hit rg3 on every option until i beat him into submission and forced them to stop calling it. by doing that, itd also show other d's how to stop it and it could really hurt washingtons offense

The defense isn't going to stop the Skins from scorng 17 points. Our offense should have been putting up 30 points. What the hell is going on here? I said if we lose something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    yup.....good point...
    and i'm not complaining about them only giving up 17 points....that was great.....
    but you are right in that a more aggressive defensive approach would have served us even better.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The defense not being able to get off the field in the second half was just as big of a reason, if not a bigger reason, for the loss as the offensive game plan. They held the ball over TEN minutes in the fourth.
    by time the second half came, the points scored by the offense should have forced the skins to rely more on the passing game. that is the recipe for success against them