+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 176

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

  1. #21
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Just because you held them to 17 points does not mean your defense is in the clear.
    They allowed 17 points with one fluke TD on the road against at team that has been scoring a lot more than that recently. The defense did a good job last night. The offense failed horribly like they have for most of the last month and a half and struggled in the red zone like they have for just about the entire season.

  2. #22
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The defense allowed maybe the hottest offense in the league a whopping 17 points, 1 TD was a fluke, at home in the biggest game for them in a long time. No, the defense did not play as bad as yo think and yes they where effective at stopping the offense in the first half and even forced a turnover in the second half to hauls a a scoring drive.
    lol....you're delusional. TOP held them to 17 points and who is to say they WOULDN'T have scored that TD anyway. The fumble would have went out of bounds otherwise and they would have the ball 1st and goal.

    I don't know why I bothered arguing with you again. I usually just laugh at you now. Guess I'm bored.
    #80

  3. #23
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,046
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    lol....you're delusional. TOP held them to 17 points and who is to say they WOULDN'T have scored that TD anyway. The fumble would have went out of bounds otherwise and they would have the ball 1st and goal.I don't know why I bothered arguing with you again. I usually just laugh at you now. Guess I'm bored.
    Why would they score a TD there? They didn't score a TD when they where in the red zone towards the end of the half. The defense forced them to kick a field goal and made them punt twice in the first half. The offense failed to do their job. Even when the defense handed then the ball after a turnover all the offense could do was get a field goal. The only points they scored in the half.

  4. #24
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,641
    We're you dropped on your head? Some of those defensive "stops" were because of penalty and saying they WOULDN'T have had a TD there if they don't get the lucky bounce just proves my theory about you.
    #80

  5. #25
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,046
    I just told you why there was no guarantee they would score a TD there. They did in fact stop Washington in the red zone last night holding them to a field goal. This is a fact. As far as the two punts in the first half neither where because of penalties. Again, just a fact.

  6. #26
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I just told you why there was no guarantee they would score a TD there. They did in fact stop Washington in the red zone last night holding them to a field goal. This is a fact. As far as the two punts in the first half neither where because of penalties. Again, just a fact.
    No....you said that one score was a fluke.....but it really isn't. Redskins (specifically RG3) were moving the ball at will on that drive. If the fumble goes out of bounds they get the ball in the redzone. Your argument is that they wouldn't have gotten 7 on that drive without that play. I'm telling you your argument doesn't work. You can't automatically just discount 7 points with those facts staring you on the face.

    2 stops were primarily because the Redskins dug a hole for themselves with penalties that they couldn't overcome. Oh....speaking of facts.

    The fact that you keep arguing with me after I have already laid the blame for the loss at the feet of the offense is laughable.
    Last edited by FBomb; 12-05-2012 at 12:28 AM.
    #80

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Why would they score a TD there? They didn't score a TD when they where in the red zone towards the end of the half. The defense forced them to kick a field goal and made them punt twice in the first half. The offense failed to do their job. Even when the defense handed then the ball after a turnover all the offense could do was get a field goal. The only points they scored in the half.
    the first half is when i thought the giants offense actually did their job. bs penalties every drive once we hit their 35 screwed us. we had 12, 13, 13 play drives iirc, just not enough td's and to me, with our abilty at big play tds and ability to move the ball up to the rz, means the rz issues are on KG thats just my opinion and i feel strongly on that.
    but yeah eli was 8 of 10 on 3rd and forevers that 1rst half. he kept making throws that had gruden going "my goodness". the 2nd half and imo when lockler went down, its as if we knew we had to abandon the pass game or something. eli looked completely diff with lockler and dd...but yeah 2nd half play calling, bs penalties that we never got to see on ST EVERY return on ST and when we hit their 35 (some serious bs imho)...eli looked excellent imho esp when given time and even often when he couldnt. its again, we ask too much of him imho.

    whens the last time we had a big play running td? fbomb is right tho, the goal was obviously TOP to limit his possessions. it sure looked like to me washington was running on us at will and the only times we got a stop or the fumble was on a mistake from them, not our d forcing the issue...

  8. #28
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    36,790
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the first half is when i thought the giants offense actually did their job. bs penalties every drive once we hit their 35 screwed us. we had 12, 13, 13 play drives iirc, just not enough td's and to me, with our abilty at big play tds and ability to move the ball up to the rz, means the rz issues are on KG thats just my opinion and i feel strongly on that.but yeah eli was 8 of 10 on 3rd and forevers that 1rst half. he kept making throws that had gruden going "my goodness". the 2nd half and imo when lockler went down, its as if we knew we had to abandon the pass game or something. eli looked completely diff with lockler and dd...but yeah 2nd half play calling, bs penalties that we never got to see on ST EVERY return on ST and when we hit their 35 (some serious bs imho)...eli looked excellent imho esp when given time and even often when he couldnt. its again, we ask too much of him imho.whens the last time we had a big play running td? fbomb is right tho, the goal was obviously TOP to limit his possessions. it sure looked like to me washington was running on us at will and the only times we got a stop or the fumble was on a mistake from them, not our d forcing the issue...
    And when teams run on you like that and kill time, it makes it so much harder.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

  9. #29
    i place the loss more on the DE's than anyone else. they did NOTHING and were the POA for washington, and they kept playing scared bc thats what they are thanks to tuck

  10. #30
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,046
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    No....you said that one score was a fluke.....but it really isn't. Redskins (specifically RG3) were moving the ball at will on that drive. If the fumble goes out of bounds they get the ball in the redzone. Your argument is that they wouldn't have gotten 7 on that drive without that play. I'm telling you your argument doesn't work. You can't automatically just discount 7 points with those facts staring you on the face.2 stops were primarily because the Redskins dug a hole for themselves with penalties that they couldn't overcome. Oh....speaking of facts.The fact that you keep arguing with me after I have already laid the blame for the loss at the feet of the offense is laughable.
    It was a fluke because it we s fumble that bounced right into the hands of an offensive player and turned into a TD. Was it drawn up that way? So yes it's a fluke play. Would they have scored? Maybe, maybe not. Just going with the facts, they did in fact hold them to a field goal when they had 1st down on the 13 yard line of the Giants and no penalty stopped them. The two punts had absolutely nothing to do with penalties. The first time they punted there was NO penalty at all. The second time they did have a penalty but made a first down and then had three plays in a row with no penalty and then where forced to punt.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts