+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

Well they better shore up the bad execution because New Orleans can put up points in a heartbeat. And they don't settle for field goals either. Its a convoy of 6's. The fact that Tynes is getting too much work doesn't speak well for the offense. Gilbride and Coughlin better stop being too conservative because the NFC East right now is a jump ball.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    this doesnt tell me how they adjusted to our scheme but its okay. you're assuming they adjusted because they played better in the second half. It could very well be a result of them just executing better. I dont remember their defense being much different in the second half in terms of stopping the run but i would have to go back and rewatch the game.
    Really? Because they have the 3rd ranked run defense or whatever. Ahmad ran through all of them in the first half and in the second half he could barely get a yard. And maybe they did just play better, thats certainly a possibility, but we couldnt switch some things up ourselves? If something isnt working, fix it or find other solutions. Someone else on here said the coaches adjusted but the adjustment didnt work, find something else! We are too smart to be limited to run run pass. Instead of the long ball, go short, go no huddle! Eli's 7 step drop back waiting for guys to get open down the field isnt always going to work. That was successful last year, this year teams are countering that. Again, penalties didnt help either and the 3 FG's were absolutely uncalled for. We really should have beaten them 35-10 but we just get so conservative and you can't tell me teams dont start to figure that out.

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Really? Because they have the 3rd ranked run defense or whatever. Ahmad ran through all of them in the first half and in the second half he could barely get a yard. And maybe they did just play better, thats certainly a possibility, but we couldnt switch some things up ourselves? If something isnt working, fix it or find other solutions. Someone else on here said the coaches adjusted but the adjustment didnt work, find something else! We are too smart to be limited to run run pass. Instead of the long ball, go short, go no huddle! Eli's 7 step drop back waiting for guys to get open down the field isnt always going to work. That was successful last year, this year teams are countering that. Again, penalties didnt help either and the 3 FG's were absolutely uncalled for. We really should have beaten them 35-10 but we just get so conservative and you can't tell me teams dont start to figure that out.
    the gameplan was to control the clock and thats what we did on offense. toward the end there was a holding penalty that killed us.

the gameplan was to control the clock and thats what we did on offense. toward the end there was a holding penalty that killed us.
    So you are saying we lost because of a holding penalty?

Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    So you are saying we lost because of a holding penalty?
    no but it killed that drive

I liked the initial game plan, but I think that when they started taking away the run in the second half, we needed to air it out more, especially agianst a crappy pass defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I liked the initial game plan, but I think that when they started taking away the run in the second half, we needed to air it out more, especially agianst a crappy pass defense.
    We should have, they completely took away the run. Good job for them, we should have aired it out more, maybe not 70 yards down the field but short passing having the defense on their heels.

Let's go.

Banned
    Relax children. It can be both. KG might have not called the "perfect game" but he shouldn't have to in order for us to win. Also, had it not been for penalties, we may not even be arguing over this. Bennet caught that 3rd down, we score a TD (or kick a FG) and who knows how this game may have ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeEli View Post
    Relax children. It can be both. KG might have not called the "perfect game" but he shouldn't have to in order for us to win. Also, had it not been for penalties, we may not even be arguing over this. Bennet caught that 3rd down, we score a TD (or kick a FG) and who knows how this game may have ended up.
    There is no such thing as a perfect game.

Let's go.

this brings me back to my original point. instead of running the ball on 2nd and 7, eli has the ability to see if the defense is taking away the run. He can easily audible to a short pass. The fact that he kept sticking with the run on 2nd down tells me the defense didnt do much differently in the second half. Eli is smarter than that.

+ Reply to Thread