+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

This whole team turned in a horrible performance. First the coaching staff did not have this team, ready to play 60 minutes: the entire team slept thru the second half. Six other teams beat this team, including the GIANTS! The offense had 5 oportunites and got 1 TD and 3 FG's: Eli missed some critical throws, the WR's had drops, and once again kildrive tries to fit a round peg in a square hole. The skins are 31st in the league against WR's, throw the damn ball, or we'll send for Buddy again! They were giving us bennett all night long but we stopped throwing to him...WHY??? IDIOT. The coaching again losses the game. We never had the opportunity the skins tried to give us. Our O line is horrible and whats worse is DD is a starter again!!! And the D well, not for nothin' but you guys kept The skins in check the first half why did you all lay down like dogs and accept this loss, what punks. We need real DT's not an overpriced 3-4 DE acting like a 4-3 DT; he gets mugged in the middle. We need LB's professional LB's not Chase Blackburn type LB's. The stage of our LB's is told by having a blackburnas our MLB. Yes, he has heart but little else. It doesn't work on a play by play basis. They can't get off blocks and can't cover Backs or TE's. So what do they do? Another year, they figure out Bob like they figured out the wildcat and poof, Its time to be a real QB. This taem has more issues than Bob!

Even though I don't like ball control cause it does not use the whole field, I was satisfied with the production of the offense. Yet they need to try and get more tds wich the offense should be about.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    you guys know that when a qb does that option bs, he's fair game whether he keeps it or not right? NE kept on hitting Tebow and only tebow to punish him for the option.

our guys wanted to sing rg3 sonnets and send him flowers...complete joke. kiwi and canty played hard imo. tuck, osi and sadly jpp...did not esp tuck and osi
    What happened to your playing against RG3 the 2nd time theory? You guys crack me up... this message board done turned into comedy central.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    What happened to your playing against RG3 the 2nd time theory? You guys crack me up... this message board done turned into comedy central.
    that was a completely new backfield look, ie wrinkle. u left out the other part of what i said. i said if washington tries to use that same offense we saw the first time without adding any new looks/wrinkles, we'll win handily. if they do, it will be a close game...
    what i maintained throughout. that whole rushing the FB at an unblocked DE was new with how much they used it. i think they mighta, MIGHT HAVE, done that 1 or 2 the first time, monday night they utilized that exclusively with an added fb to run straight at him. it was brutal but smart. the one defense we had was to say "screw it, we're gonna hit someone if theyre gonna get 5 ypc" and just decked rg3 every time they ran the option...thats what defenses will do and rg3 better be able to run nfl offenses at that point

and we all get it, rg3 is the latest dual threat black qb and you are a big fan. that doesnt mean he's actually as good as hyped. he is running a college offense, hes doing it well, but at some point hes gonna have to make 3 and 5 step drops and read defenses. we aint seen that at all yet...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-05-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    that was a completely new backfield look, ie wrinkle. u left out the other part of what i said. i said if washington tries to use that same offense we saw the first time without adding any new looks/wrinkles, we'll win handily. if they do, it will be a close game...
    what i maintained throughout. that whole rushing the FB at an unblocked DE was new with how much they used it. i think they mighta, MIGHT HAVE, done that 1 or 2 the first time, monday night they utilized that exclusively with an added fb to run straight at him. it was brutal but smart. the one defense we had was to say "screw it, we're gonna hit someone if theyre gonna get 5 ypc" and just decked rg3 every time they ran the option...thats what defenses will do and rg3 better be able to run nfl offenses at that point
    Griffin can make all the throws and he has a coach that not only helped Elway win 2 titles but also understands that a good running game and scheme helps keep defenses off balance. That's not a dumb coach and Griffin isn't a dumb QB.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Griffin can make all the throws and he has a coach that not only helped Elway win 2 titles but also understands that a good running game and scheme helps keep defenses off balance. That's not a dumb coach and Griffin isn't a dumb QB.
    true. but that has nothing to do with what i originally said and what you tried to pass off as me saying.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    The gameplan was ball control to keep Griffen off the field, as we had NO answer for him on defense. The staff knew it long before the game started.

This is a very smart decision based on that fact. Dropped balls, stupid penalties and errant passes cost us this game. Those are all execution issues. Execute the gameplan, Giants win easily. The Giants didn't.

That being said.....Gilbride doesn't get off the hook for this loss either. Question for you, Kev: If I know that on 2nd and 10 that we will run a handoff to AB up the middle EVERY TIME.....don't you think the Redskins knew too? Yeah.....that will be the reason why it didn't work EVERY TIME!!

In hindsight....the way the Giants beat Griffen is to air it out and outscore them.
    If the game plan to control the ball and keep RGIII off the field was a good one that didn't result in a win only because of poor execution, why do you now think in hindsight that the way to beat RGIII is to air it out and outscore them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The coaches get treated like Gods around here.
    You know one of the biggest reasons why i defend the coaches? Anytime its obvious that Eli kills the play at the line, i always immediately click the game day thread which i always have bookmarked. And guess what the first comments are? "HEHEH OMFG GILBRIDE SUCKS HE RUNS RUNS RUNS LMFAO HEHAHA DUUH."

On a 3rd and 5 i remember nicks running his route 2 yards short of the first down. Guess what the first comments were toward that play? "HEHAHE OMFG KILLDIVE RUNS A PLAY SHORT OF THE FIRST DOWN HE SUCKS LMFAO EHEHAHAAH." We run the ball twice setting up a 3rd and short (4 yards to go or less), and all of a sudden "WTF RUN RUN RUN HEHEHE KILDRIVE."

Watch next weeks game carefully if you dont believe me. No one here will know for a fact since none of us actually have the play book, but on some of these plays you can see its obvious the play was changed. Eli will change a few plays at the line and if it doesnt go well everyone is going to blame Gilbrde. What gets me is the fact that eli can change the play to a run or pass depending on what he sees in the defense.

Its come to the point where you get the feeling its just a bunch of 10 year olds watching the game. Thats why i cant help but to keep defending the coaching. Even if i dont agree with some of the calls.

you guys know that when a qb does that option bs, he's fair game whether he keeps it or not right? NE kept on hitting Tebow and only tebow to punish him for the option.
    our guys wanted to sing rg3 sonnets and send him flowers...complete joke. kiwi and canty played hard imo. tuck, osi and sadly jpp...did not esp tuck and osi

Well said. I understand if they cant get a pass rush on RG3 because of contain issues. But they along with the defense played soft vs the run. Canty was the only one who imo held his own. I kept saying to myself, why not just hit rg3 on every play even if you know the RB has the ball?

I 100% agree with the OP. We controlled the time of possession and did a very good job of running the football. People dont realize that bradshaw had 24 carries for 103 yards and averaged 4.3 yards a carry. We just couldnt execute. This loss in mainly on the offense. The defense played solid in the first half ill give you that, but to think the defense played good the whole game is a joke. The defense played bad also. Isn't that what rolle was pretty much implying after the game?
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-05-2012 at 08:04 AM.

All-Pro
    Is this going to turn into another praise the great RG3 thread? He did ok the other night. Lets not make it out to be something it was not like the media. Yes, he is very talented, and yes he will be a very good player in this league, but the other night he was not great. When you have 4 trips down the field and get in scoring position to only have 13 points that's what loses the game. Then that same offense that looked so good moving the ball in the first half goes to sleep in the second half. If anything the Washington defense was the star of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Again....you are confused. The point was NEVER that we lost the game because the defense couldn't stop them. The point was controlling TOP was our gameplan BECAUSE we couldn't stop them. Poor execution of the gameplan by the offense was why we lost.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread