+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    You know one of the biggest reasons why i defend the coaches? Anytime its obvious that Eli kills the play at the line, i always immediately click the game day thread which i always have bookmarked. And guess what the first comments are? "HEHEH OMFG GILBRIDE SUCKS HE RUNS RUNS RUNS LMFAO HEHAHA DUUH."

On a 3rd and 5 i remember nicks running his route 2 yards short of the first down. Guess what the first comments were toward that play? "HEHAHE OMFG KILLDIVE RUNS A PLAY SHORT OF THE FIRST DOWN HE SUCKS LMFAO EHEHAHAAH." We run the ball twice setting up a 3rd and short (4 yards to go or less), and all of a sudden "WTF RUN RUN RUN HEHEHE KILDRIVE."

Watch next weeks game carefully if you dont believe me. No one here will know for a fact since none of us actually have the play book, but on some of these plays you can see its obvious the play was changed. Eli will change a few plays at the line and if it doesnt go well everyone is going to blame Gilbrde. What gets me is the fact that eli can change the play to a run or pass depending on what he sees in the defense.

Its come to the point where you get the feeling its just a bunch of 10 year olds watching the game. Thats why i cant help but to keep defending the coaching. Even if i dont agree with some of the calls.

Well said. I understand if they cant get a pass rush on RG3 because of contain issues. But they along with the defense played soft vs the run. Canty was the only one who imo held his own. I kept saying to myself, why not just hit rg3 on every play even if you know the RB has the ball?

I 100% agree with the OP. We controlled the time of possession and did a very good job of running the football. People dont realize that bradshaw had 24 carries for 103 yards and averaged 4.3 yards a carry. We just couldnt execute. This loss in mainly on the offense. The defense played solid in the first half ill give you that, but to think the defense played good the whole game is a joke. The defense played bad also. Isn't that what rolle was pretty much implying after the game?
    i dont know if u understand the way we do our checks...KG gives eli 2-3 plays every snap including the actual call. eli upon reading the d, is then to choose between the best play possible given to Eli.
    just bc eli can check into diff plays doesnt mean those plays are good play calls. eli could be choosing between a rock and a hard place often out there and turning coal into diamonds with some of his throws.

the run game has been so bad that we consider what bradshaw did good...i cant remember the last time hes made a clutch run or had a big run TD over 2 yds lmfao...we need wilson if for nothing else he can take some of the load off of eli with a big play TD or 60 yd run

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post

what everybody seems to be over-looking is the fact that the Washington gameplan
    was ALSO to run the clock down and make it a short running attack ball control game.
    their coaching staff did not want a shootout because of their 31st ranked pass defense would
    get lit up by Eli and company.

they know we have a defense that sucks against the run....an underweight D-line and high school LBers.

they passed 21 times and ran 31 times. their plan was a short game
    whereas they usually throw it 32 times (average).
    that would LIMIT THE NUMBER OF POSSESSIONS for Eli , and ball control to have a chance of winning.
    they did not want a shootout.

we came out in the 2nd half and fell right into their trap. they wanted that kind of game .

we were totally wrong in our approach. we should have thrown 50 times .

out- coached again.
    Great point. Shanahan got the most from his talent......Killdrive did not.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 12-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i dont know if u understand the way we do our checks...KG gives eli 2-3 plays every snap including the actual call. eli upon reading the d, is then to choose between the best play possible given to Eli.
    just bc eli can check into diff plays doesnt mean those plays are good play calls. eli could be choosing between a rock and a hard place often out there and turning coal into diamonds with some of his throws.

the run game has been so bad that we consider what bradshaw did good...i cant remember the last time hes made a clutch run or had a big run TD over 2 yds lmfao...we need wilson if for nothing else he can take some of the load off of eli with a big play TD or 60 yd run
    if that is truly the case......
    then that explains why the o-line and receivers get confused on
    blocking assignments and route running options.
    and why we can't get a snap off until the play-clock is down to one second.
    or get delay of game or call a time-out to avoid it.

how about limiting it to just A or B and driving off the snap and execute.
    for these guys to have to sort all that crap out all the time on every play and expect everyone to
    remain on the same page is ludicrous. especially with crowd noise.
    this explains why you must be in the system for 3 years to understand anything.
    Last edited by stormblue; 12-05-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

the Giants should have passed more in the second half. Especially late in the fourth quater when they rane 4 run plays out of 6 to get nothing.
    Redzone difficulties and penalties.......they lost another game they should have won....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

stupid offensive penalties ...false start, holding, delay of game....along with a bad snap by DeOssie cost the Giants this game

nothing more

any game where the defense holds a team to 17 or less should be a W

Banned
    It happens. We held New England to 14 in the Superbowl... I didn't hear nobody complaining. The Skins had miscues too.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    stupid offensive penalties ...false start, holding, delay of game....along with a bad snap by DeOssie cost the Giants this game nothing more any game where the defense holds a team to 17 or less should be a W
    Agreed.

I agree with you but not for the reasons listed. We lost because we kicked FGs. Our defense is crap, but at least they got us turnovers. We had more scoring chances. Our execution in the red zone is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Great point. Shanahan got the most from his talent......Killdrive did not.
    What the hell are you talking about?
    We're the friggin SB Champs!!!!
    I'd say our coaches have a record of getting the most out of our talent.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

and i guess our staff hasnt yet realized u can go no huddle and still burn the game clock, all theyd need to do is watch peyton for a series...

Or brady. But i disagree with your main point. We do a lot of runs from the shot gun formation and i would be surprised if some of those hand offs in the second half wasnt a result of eli changing the play at the line. It doesnt take 30 seconds to find out who the mike linebacker is. Eli was most certainly trying to change the play a number of times during that game. And i think lot of it came from the shotgun formation. I need to rewatch that game.

+ Reply to Thread