+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost because of poor execution....period.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Burner you are so wrong it's not even funny. I think RG3 is great but he is only making his first read throws. Even Trent Dilfer said that RG3 isn't good at going through his progressions and making changes at the LOS. It's pretty easy to complete passes when the safeties drop in the box and play the run the whole night and the secondary is in zone to keep an eye on Griffen. That leaves huge holes in the defense. The only throws that I see RG3 make constantly are the deep post, slant, and dump off screen. I NEVER see him make seam throws with tight coverage or deep comeback routes with coverage. The fact is when they are down by 2 scores RG3 cannot bring them back cause he will always think he can make plays with his feet instead of going through his reads and making tough throws....but we get it RG3 cannot do no wrong he has the NFL figured out.
    I noticed RG3 missed a lot of open guys the other night. As he gets more experience he will get better at looking through his reads. But you make a good point. He's not there yet. There is a lot of potential though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post

Or brady. But i disagree with your main point. We do a lot of runs from the shot gun formation and i would be surprised if some of those hand offs in the second half wasnt a result of eli changing the play at the line. It doesnt take 30 seconds to find out who the mike linebacker is. Eli was most certainly trying to change the play a number of times during that game. And i think lot of it came from the shotgun formation. I need to rewatch that game.
    that still doesnt change that he's given 3 plays to choose from, shotgun included. he very may well be checking into the run bc he isnt confident in the coverage breakers that the designs of the routes are based upon. theres a million things to consider is all im saying, and that just bc eli has 3 plays to choose from, those 3 plays are outta the formation given by KG and the play calls are given by KG, meaning just bc eli can check in and out of the 3 possibilities doesnt mean any of those possibilities are good plays...

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Your position would be more defendable if this coaching staff didn't win two SB's with a lot of different players, 4 years apart.

I think the "players overcame bad coaching" theory, flies in the face of logic.

not "bad" coaching......more like ...underwhelming......pedestrian......

they lose more chess matches than they win....but talent gets them through it sometimes.
    no matter what ....this current funk will get fixed....or fail when and if Eli and the rest of the offense get it together.
    this coaching staff does not know how to attack another team's weakness.

i will always maintain that a better coaching staff would have at least one more ring.....
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

I noticed RG3 missed a lot of open guys the other night. As he gets more experience he will get better at looking through his reads. But you make a good point. He's not there yet. There is a lot of potential though.
    Yep and you are labeled a "hater" if you point this out to RG3 fanboys. All I want to see is this guy play from the pocket a little more before we say he is a great QB.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post

they lose more chess matches than they win....but talent gets them through it sometimes.
    no matter what ....this current funk will get fixed....or fail when and if Eli and the rest of the offense get it together.

i will always maintain that a better coaching staff would have at least one more ring.....
    We have an outstanding coaching staff. We have good players but we aren't loaded with talent when compared to other teams.
    They may not call every play the way we like but TC is as good as any coach in football at preparing his team for the next opponent.

Its just the way it is with him. Our problems have little or nothing to do with coaching.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Burner you are so wrong it's not even funny. I think RG3 is great but he is only making his first read throws. Even Trent Dilfer said that RG3 isn't good at going through his progressions and making changes at the LOS. It's pretty easy to complete passes when the safeties drop in the box and play the run the whole night and the secondary is in zone to keep an eye on Griffen. That leaves huge holes in the defense. The only throws that I see RG3 make constantly are the deep post, slant, and dump off screen. I NEVER see him make seam throws with tight coverage or deep comeback routes with coverage. The fact is when they are down by 2 scores RG3 cannot bring them back cause he will always think he can make plays with his feet instead of going through his reads and making tough throws....but we get it RG3 cannot do no wrong he has the NFL figured out.
    i see u been reading my posts lol or great minds think alike.
    gruden acknowledged it at the start of the game, i was so stoked bc i had a convo with a skins fan on here and some of my in person friends about how the skins are running a 1 read (pass OR run its still a 1 read) pistol spread option. Every decision he makes is predicated on it being 1 read then take off. and thats all based off that PA option bs they do (god I wish our DE's woulda hit him insteada becoming presidents of the rg3 fan club). As u said and ive been saying, its much easier to do that especially when ur freezing safeties and lb's. the replay of that final rg3 pass to garcon that killed the clock, the lbs were brutal to watch.
    but yeah, a lot of high % throws; slant, quick tempo swing pass to the WR behind the LOS, and the seam 8-10 yds downfield behind the lbs frozen by the PA option and then the deep ball which he does have a cannon arm. however on passes rg3 throws that dont involve the option PA, his ypa is 5.7 or last in the league...says something imo. ive felt from the beginning since i saw washingtons offense that they are running that bc there is a flaw in rg3s game, jmho.

but habits are tough to break, and this could end up being dentrimental to rg3 in the long run. luck is running a pro offense and making the mistakes necessary to learn from in order to truly be an elite game changer and not just based off a gimmick.

eventually, every team (maybe except ours bc they do love and fear rg3 tuck n osi that is and it spread to jpp imo) is gonna b-line it straight to rg3 when he does that bs option tom foolery and gonna lay the lumber. its what we should have done. and if rg3 isnt ready to run a pro nfl offense, the skins are gonna go thru a year of growing pains he coulda gotten outta the way already like indy has...im actually happy theyre running that offense and i mean that. jason cambell was a very enticing high ceiling prospect that washington killed, its not crazy to think washington screws rg3 up, imho, theyre doing so already; besides them not helping rg3 read defenses, hes already taken a ton of lethal hits due to their offense
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    that still doesnt change that he's given 3 plays to choose from, shotgun included. he very may well be checking into the run bc he isnt confident in the coverage breakers that the designs of the routes are based upon. theres a million things to consider is all im saying, and that just bc eli has 3 plays to choose from, those 3 plays are outta the formation given by KG and the play calls are given by KG, meaning just bc eli can check in and out of the 3 possibilities doesnt mean any of those possibilities are good plays...
    we dont know for sure how many plays he is given, but i think we both agree that Eli can change to a different play and hot route within the same formation. l was just pointing out that its not like he always has to audible from the eye formation. All i am basically saying is that we put too much blame on KG. He definitely has his flaws but you cant pin every failed play on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We have an outstanding coaching staff. We have good players but we aren't loaded with talent when compared to other teams.
    the cowboys and eagles are a prime example of that

we dont know for sure how many plays he is given, but i think we both agree that Eli can change to a different play and hot route within the same formation. l was just pointing out that its not like he always has to audible from the eye formation. All i am basically saying is that we put too much blame on KG. He definitely has his flaws but you cant pin every failed play on him.
    yes we do. we do know for sure eli/kg have discussed this. and the hot routes are already determined before the game and what they are supposed to do based on looks, its whats practiced and implemented throughout the week...

but i do agree to much blame is placed on kg, this past game tho i think its warranted but thats just my take

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post

Please list all of the coaches that you believe would do a better job than TC in NY.

+ Reply to Thread