+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 176
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    We're the friggin SB Champs!!!!
    I'd say our coaches have a record of getting the most out of our talent.
    i would emphatically propose the exact opposite theory.
    that theory being that our talent has often overcome the coaching disadvantage it has been burdened with.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i dont know if u understand the way we do our checks...KG gives eli 2-3 plays every snap including the actual call. eli upon reading the d, is then to choose between the best play possible given to Eli.
    just bc eli can check into diff plays doesnt mean those plays are good play calls. eli could be choosing between a rock and a hard place often out there and turning coal into diamonds with some of his throws.

    the run game has been so bad that we consider what bradshaw did good...i cant remember the last time hes made a clutch run or had a big run TD over 2 yds lmfao...we need wilson if for nothing else he can take some of the load off of eli with a big play TD or 60 yd run
    I am well aware of how we do our checks and this is not just something Eli has control over. Every QB in the NFL has this same responsibility, even Alex smith and Colin Kaepernick. If you think bradshaw did a bad job running the ball yesterday then i dont know what to say. Our offensive line did a great job opening holes and bradshaw ran hard like always. I dont care for the big 80 yard runs. I love to see our team just line up pound for pound and just smash the ball up the middle for 4 yards here, 5 yards there, 7 yards there, and slowly tire out a defense and win the TOP. Forget all this finesse stuff. If we could just line up and establish our man hood like what the steelers did to us, im happy as long s we execute when its time to score.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-05-2012 at 02:30 PM.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    i would emphatically propose the exact opposite theory.
    that theory being that our talent has often overcome the coaching disadvantage it has been burdened with.
    Kevin boss, steve smith, mario mnningham, derrick ward are all people that suddenly dropped off since they left our system. We are known for having one of the best tight end coaches in mike pope. we have a pretty solid runnning back coach, and we have had to overcome a lot of injures in the past in order to win. last year we had to start a lot of rookies on defense. Coughlin preaches team first and instills it within our players. None of our guys play selfish or act co(ky, and they all seem to respect each other. You dont win superbowls without good coaching. You just dont.

  4. #94
    The offensive play calling was disgusting.

    There is absolutely no reason to play not-to-lose instead of playing to win with the players this team has.

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Kevin boss, steve smith, mario mnningham, derrick ward are all people that suddenly dropped off since they left our system. We are known for having one of the best tight end coaches in mike pope. we have a pretty solid runnning back coach, and we have had to overcome a lot of injures in the past in order to win. last year we had to start a lot of rookies on defense. Coughlin preaches team first and instills it within our players. None of our guys play selfish or act co(ky, and they all seem to respect each other. You dont win superbowls without good coaching. You just dont.
    you most certainly CAN .......however you CAN'T win them without talent.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    you most certainly CAN .......however you CAN'T win them without talent.
    I was going to just say ok and leave it at that. But the point i am about to make is so damn good, i just cant help but be curious to what your counter argument will be.

    The eagles (deam team) had to have been one of the most talented teams ive ever seen. And they still have a lot of talent. The cowboys are another team with a lot of talent. The falcons have also been one of the more talented teams in this league the last few years. The chargers with phillip rivers must have had the most talented team back when LT was there. None of them has won a superbowl in recent years in spite of the talent they have.

    talk to me
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.

  7. #97
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,787
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    i would emphatically propose the exact opposite theory.
    that theory being that our talent has often overcome the coaching disadvantage it has been burdened with.
    Your position would be more defendable if this coaching staff didn't win two SB's with a lot of different players, 4 years apart.

    I think the "players overcame bad coaching" theory, flies in the face of logic.
    Get well soon 80.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    ok
    Barry Switzer....Weeb Ewbank

    it is possible.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    Barry Switzer....Weeb Ewbank

    it is possible.

    The eagles (deam team) had to have been one of the most talented teams ive ever seen. And they still have a lot of talent. The cowboys are another team with a lot of talent. The falcons have also been one of the more talented teams in this league the last few years. The chargers with phillip rivers must have had the most talented team back when LT was there. None of them has won a superbowl in recent years in spite of the talent they have.

    And dont just point out two people out of the blue without even backing your argument up. at least throw some names in there. what players did they did have on their team? they did have elite qbs ? Dont just state 2 coaches. At least that way i can look them up barry. Because i just looked up it looks like his win loss record was 40-24. 5-2 in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-05-2012 at 04:12 PM.

  10. #100
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Griffin can make all the throws and he has a coach that not only helped Elway win 2 titles but also understands that a good running game and scheme helps keep defenses off balance. That's not a dumb coach and Griffin isn't a dumb QB.
    Burner you are so wrong it's not even funny. I think RG3 is great but he is only making his first read throws. Even Trent Dilfer said that RG3 isn't good at going through his progressions and making changes at the LOS. It's pretty easy to complete passes when the safeties drop in the box and play the run the whole night and the secondary is in zone to keep an eye on Griffen. That leaves huge holes in the defense. The only throws that I see RG3 make constantly are the deep post, slant, and dump off screen. I NEVER see him make seam throws with tight coverage or deep comeback routes with coverage. The fact is when they are down by 2 scores RG3 cannot bring them back cause he will always think he can make plays with his feet instead of going through his reads and making tough throws....but we get it RG3 cannot do no wrong he has the NFL figured out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts