+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Or if we made the missed FG.
    they were in the red zone at the end of the game and got there by just trying to run the clock out.

In other words, we would have lost even if we had made that FG.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    they were in the red zone at the end of the game and got there by just trying to run the clock out.

In other words, we would have lost even if we had made that FG.
    Very true.

I still can't believe that the defense couldn't get off the field in the 4th. They had the ball for nearly 10:30 in the 4th. Not saying the offense capitalized on many opportunities earlier in the game, but they weren't given many chances after Washington went up.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    they were in the red zone at the end of the game and got there by just trying to run the clock out.In other words, we would have lost even if we had made that FG.
    Absolutely 100% correct.
    And our last possession should have been no huddle with 4 down play calling.....
    with no intent of giving the ball back or punting.
    But hell , I,m not the one making 6.6 mil per year to make that decision.
    Last edited by stormblue; 12-05-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    the pen is said to be mightier than the sword.....
    but when is the last time your sword ran out of ink ?

there may even be less QBs allowed this responsibility than ones that are
    I may have exaggerated a little by saying every QB, but i am pretty sure a good number of Qb's out there can alter the original play to some degree. Even if it is something simple as flipping the play. Without naming the top 5 guys, i can already tell you, alex smith, sanchez, flacco, matt ryan, and tony romo can. So thats 10 guys right there, and i am sure there are more. But I think I remember you saying you have the all 22 version of NFL rewind so if you say less qb's have that ability than the ones that do, ill take your word for it.

....and Eli has access to the whole game plan when at the line not only the plays sent into his ear piece

this is why i wanted the link to where GIlbride supposedly said they only have 1 or 2 plays eli can audible to. I Imagined that Eli has a little more responsibility than that.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 12-05-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I may have exaggerated a little by saying every QB, but i am pretty sure a good number of Qb's out there can alter the original play to some degree. Even if it is something simple as flipping the play. Without naming the top 5 guys, i can already tell you, alex smith, sanchez, flacco, matt ryan, and tony romo can. So thats 10 guys right there, and i am sure there are more. But I think I remember you saying you have the all 22 version of NFL rewind so if you say less qb's have that ability than the ones that do, ill take your word for it.

this is why i wanted the link to where GIlbride supposedly said they only have 1 or 2 plays eli can audible to. I Imagined that Eli has a little more responsibility than that.
    You're confusing Eli checking into plays with audibling.

Eli gets 2 or 3 plays that he calls in the huddle and checks into one at the line depending on the defensive look that's given. Besides that he has full audible control to change into any play that is in the gameplan if he doesn't like what he sees versus what he called in the huddle.

You're confusing Eli checking into plays with audibling.

Eli gets 2 or 3 plays that he calls in the huddle and checks into one at the line depending on the defensive look that's given. Besides that he has full audible control to change into any play that is in the gameplan if he doesn't like what he sees versus what he called in the huddle.
    I am just using the word audible as a general term. what i was saying is that i doubt eli is limited to only 2 plays other than the original play called in the huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I am just using the word audible as a general term. what i was saying is that i doubt eli is limited to only 2 plays other than the original play called in the huddle.
    He isn't. Other than the 2 or 3 plays that he calls in the huddle and then chooses which to run at the line, he can audible into any play in that week's game plan.

All-Pro
    He isn't. Other than the 2 or 3 plays that he calls in the huddle and then chooses which to run at the line, he can audible into any play in that week's game plan.
    I have heard this several times, and I am not questioning you... but I have yet to see anywhere where someone from the team confirms it. Is this conjecture or did you get this from a reputable source?
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I have heard this several times, and I am not questioning you... but I have yet to see anywhere where someone from the team confirms it. Is this conjecture or did you get this from a reputable source?
    He said it on the Mike Francesa show a while back. Mike ask him if he has the whole playbook if he can audible into or he he just has a couple of plays and Eli said he had just a couple of plays.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I can't remember where I first heard it, but I do recall it was from a reputable source. I suppose I can ask one of the beat writers on Twitter if they know.