+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reasons To Celebrate: We're Still In First Place And Dan Snyder Isn't Our Owner

Reasons To Celebrate: We're Still In First Place And Dan Snyder Isn't Our Owner

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/12/4...an-snyder-isnt

Excerpt: "Though the lead in the NFC East may be thin, and they're coming off an ugly loss, the New York Giants (7-5) still have possession of first place by a game ahead of the Washington Redskins (6-6) and Dallas Cowboys (6-6). When I last looked at the schedules, I thought the Cowboys would pose quite a threat, but now they and the Redskins are just steps behind the Giants in the race for the NFC East title.

The Cowboys defeated the Cleveland Browns in overtime, lost to the Redskins on Thanksgiving Day, and defeated the Philadelphia Eagles in the final minutes on Sunday night. Next week they have the Cincinnati Bengalsaway. The Bengals have been on a run since they stomped on the Giants two weeks ago and they show no signs of slowing down as they continue to chase a playoff berth. Given the way the Cowboys have struggled in their last few games, including the ones they won, I wouldn't be shocked if Andy Daltonleads the Bengals to a victory next week.

Following the Bengals, the Cowboys have the Steelers at home, the Saints at home, and the Redskins away. I can see the Cowboys losing at least one of those games and going 8-8 to end the season.

The Redskins also have two road games and two home games down the stretch. They have the Ravens at home, Browns and Eagles away, and Dallas at home. I don't see the Redskins winning out and they will finish the season 9-7." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

hells yes !!!!

love my Team, love MOST our fans, F Snyder !!!

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

dan snyder is a horrible human being

Snyder is a joke

lol so true. Why was I even depressed before? Thanks RF!

I too am glad that we don't have Snyder as an owner, but this team is in real trouble. I don't think they're going to make the playoffs based on their remaining schedule. I foresee a near total collapse coming with maybe just 1 win that they'll get -- the Eagles.

Sorry to be negative, but it's just the feeling that I get from this team. Not the feeling that I got last year, even during the worst moments.

All-Pro
    Looking at the remaining games for the Skins, I think they finish with 3 wins making them 9-7. The Giants can certainly win 3 out of the next four... if they play better than they have been.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I too am glad that we don't have Snyder as an owner, but this team is in real trouble. I don't think they're going to make the playoffs based on their remaining schedule. I foresee a near total collapse coming with maybe just 1 win that they'll get -- the Eagles.

Sorry to be negative, but it's just the feeling that I get from this team. Not the feeling that I got last year, even during the worst moments.
    I think some of your negativity stems from the recent frustrating loss to the Skins. Remember, there's unfinished business with the Saints. The way the Saints drub opponents in their building is something I hope the Gmen remember and want to address. If the Gmen take care of business, I think they'll be refreshed and ready for a stretch run. Below is a copy of what I posted on other thread:

My ideal game vs. the Saints would be a beatdown similar to the one the Gmen administered in SF to the smack talking overconfident Niners. Say 26-3 with no trips inside the read zone. No wait, how about no trips to the Gmen side of the 50 yd line. Throw in a couple of pick 6's with sacks and Brees knockdowns too.

Then, in the post game press conference, when reporters ask TC why the Gmen didn't score more points, choosing instead to run out the clock by running the ball, he can look at the camera and say that running up the score when the outcome has already been decided is not something he believes in and is not the Giants way. The message to the front running Saints would be crystal clear. The added bonus would be effectively knocking the Who Dats out of the playoffs.

You know before bounty gate, Sean Payton and crew were looking to be the 1st SB team to play the game in their own building. I'd love for the Gmen to smack them down and end that dream.

Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Looking at the remaining games for the Skins, I think they finish with 3 wins making them 9-7. The Giants can certainly win 3 out of the next four... if they play better than they have been.
    We know the giants like to make that "if" a very big one!

Quote Originally Posted by tomt View Post
    I think some of your negativity stems from the recent frustrating loss to the Skins. Remember, there's unfinished business with the Saints. The way the Saints drub opponents in their building is something I hope the Gmen remember and want to address. If the Gmen take care of business, I think they'll be refreshed and ready for a stretch run. Below is a copy of what I posted on other thread:

My ideal game vs. the Saints would be a beatdown similar to the one the Gmen administered in SF to the smack talking overconfident Niners. Say 26-3 with no trips inside the read zone. No wait, how about no trips to the Gmen side of the 50 yd line. Throw in a couple of pick 6's with sacks and Brees knockdowns too.

Then, in the post game press conference, when reporters ask TC why the Gmen didn't score more points, choosing instead to run out the clock by running the ball, he can look at the camera and say that running up the score when the outcome has already been decided is not something he believes in and is not the Giants way. The message to the front running Saints would be crystal clear. The added bonus would be effectively knocking the Who Dats out of the playoffs.

You know before bounty gate, Sean Payton and crew were looking to be the 1st SB team to play the game in their own building. I'd love for the Gmen to smack them down and end that dream.

Here's hoping.
    Well, I definitely wouldn't be feeling negative if we had beaten the skins because the div would have basically been wrapped up. Don't get me wrong -- I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Ravens and Falcons, but I'm just not "feeling it." The Saints? I'll believe that we can beat them when we actually do. And the Eagles, as poor as they've played, will be looking to give Reid a nice sendoff against their main rival who they always beat.

I believe in this team when they believe in themselves. I think they've got the talent, experience, and coaching to repeat.

+ Reply to Thread