+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What I see as a common denominator

What I see as a common denominator

I have read a TON of posts here since Monday nights disappointing showing in D.C. What I've collectively gathered from many frustrated fans is this.

1. While we all enjoy the SB wins recently, we see the potential this team has being wasted.
    2. Inconsistency. PERIOD! How do you shellack the Pack and lay down and die for the Skins?
    3.Excuses. Nobody seems to say "hey, you know what? I have effed up...." It's always the same ho-hum attitude (except Rolle)

Bottom line. This team in the last 9 years or so under TC has ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS played down to the competition. If its against a hot team like the Saints in the dome, hell we may lose by 8 or 9 but we'll still put 35 on em. At least play hard every game. I would prefer if they scrapped and clawed and fought every single game then to just go through the motions out there and do this up and down garbage every frickin year. Is Fassell around? He'd be a good OC

Somebody is not doing their part to get the players amped up properly before the games. Its as if we enetered the game thinking..... "I sure hope we can contain RGIII" ...... instead of "We are going to make sure RGIII is picking himself up out of the dirt all day long".

Every week we need new motivation. It is frustrating because our team is better than that. I just don't know why we have to be 7-7 to get hot. Whatever works I guess lol.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

How long do we have until this team has Dave Brown Jr under center? Eli needs to win as many super bowls as possible...

Otherwise, I hope that Reese has lunch with Accorsi sometime to see if there's any college QB that he considers "magical"...

Giants cannot score once in the redzone. Just one instead of a fg try the outcome if different. Coaching was to blame on this, although I love how they stick with the run most games when it's completely not working you most exploit a teams weakness. I don't care what kind of trash talk comes, Bradhsaw sucks, he's slow he runs right in his own guys and often doesn't bounce off, if he does cut it's way to early and he can long longer truck threw safeties, I love his passion and heart to play. But this team is in trouble without Brown. Wilson needs to get carries to see if we need to go after a rb in the draft. Which we clearly should get 3 top rds of o-line. The defense did it's thing, they contained them to 17pts and thats awesome. Giants made it to the redzone like 5x's and did not produce. Thats why they lost. no ther reason.

Could it be that we have an inconsistent QB that plays down to the level of competition?

I'm not saying Eli isn't elite. To the contrary, when he plays elite teams he steps up and proves he belongs in the same breath as they do.

However, when he plays the mediocre teams, we rarely get the blowouts you'd expect from Peyton and Brady.

Banned
    We all gripe and moan, but this team has given us more wins the past 7 years than any of us could have wished for.

Oh yeah, and 2 SB rings.

Not every team is going to be that Patriots dynasty. Cmon guys.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Could it be that we have an inconsistent QB that plays down to the level of competition?

I'm not saying Eli isn't elite. To the contrary, when he plays elite teams he steps up and proves he belongs in the same breath as they do.

However, when he plays the mediocre teams, we rarely get the blowouts you'd expect from Peyton and Brady.
    The thing is that Eli is more naturally talented than Peyton and Brady, yet half the time he doesn't play like it, and thus the latter two become known as the better players...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeEli View Post
    We all gripe and moan, but this team has given us more wins the past 7 years than any of us could have wished for.

Oh yeah, and 2 SB rings.

Not every team is going to be that Patriots dynasty. Cmon guys.
    I agree. Plus in recent years we have had the toughest schedule in the NFL.

I'm not excusing the inconsistancy, and we have definitely lost to teams we should have beaten. But this time we lost because of sloppy play and penalties. Not because elis sucks, not because tuck sucks, not because RG3 is a god. We lost because we played sloppy. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    I agree. Plus in recent years we have had the toughest schedule in the NFL.

I'm not excusing the inconsistancy, and we have definitely lost to teams we should have beaten. But this time we lost because of sloppy play and penalties. Not because elis sucks, not because tuck sucks, not because RG3 is a god. We lost because we played sloppy. Period.
    totally agree. The average penalties per game was like 4 and they committed 8or 9. Dumb ones too

+ Reply to Thread