+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Hey man, I definitely hope you are right!

1. True
    2. Diehl wasn't AS much the liability he is this year. But yes, he was bad in an important position
    3. Not really. Turner was ok and they really weren't using Rogers like they have this season. He is their future and they know it
    4. Webster has significantly digressed this season. I don't think anyone can debate that

ADDITION: We are playing them IN ATLANTA
    I'm fine with objective predictions, even if they go against us. But the notion of "guaranteed losses" is what bugs me. There are no such things with our team. We can beat anybody (and soundly) and we've shown that this season.

As for Atlanta...we've won the last 4 meetings against them, twice in their place.

And look at it this way. If we had a few less penalties on Monday we'd be 8-4 and we'd all be talking about running the table. Lets all just calm down here.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm fine with objective predictions, even if they go against us. But the notion of "guaranteed losses" is what bugs me. There are no such things with our team. We can beat anybody (and soundly) and we've shown that this season.

As for Atlanta...we've won the last 4 meetings against them, twice in their place.

And look at it this way. If we had a few less penalties on Monday we'd be 8-4 and we'd all be talking about running the table. Lets all just calm down here.
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think the Giants have the players to run the table, including the Falcons.

Once again, just like last season, I'm worried about Fewell and Gilbride.....sometimes I think the players make them both look alot better than they are.

Then again, last season worked out okay....so I'll just hope for the best.

However, if we see the same frightened schemes from Fewell that we saw against RG3, Brees is going to destroy this defense.

And, more importantly, hopefully Killdrive will attack the weakness of the Saints defense.....unlike his dopey gameplan against the Skins.

Eli should have had 400+ yards v. that ****ty Skins pass defense.......but yeah, Gilbride is "The Best There Is."
    To be fair, we put 20+ points ourselves on the saints defense both times we met them last. We need to improve on defense for sure though...

Is sproles out or no? I forget...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    To be fair, we put 20+ points ourselves on the saints defense both times we met them last. We need to improve on defense for sure though...

Sproles is healthy now as far as I know.
    The reality is that we will probably need to score a lot of points.

if we win out ....11-5 we win the division.
    if we go 3-1.......10-6 we can still win the division , if neither Dallas or Wash win out.
    ........................10-6 we still have a good shot at a wild-card...too early for all those scenarios.

9-7 will not get us in this year , as we have no tie-break leverage.

it will most likely be that week 17 finds us tied with Wash or Dallas and we will need to beat
    the Eagles while rooting for whichever team between Dallas and Wash that helps our cause.

same old nerve-racking bull-spit.
    you would think we'd be used to it by now.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    if we win out ....11-5 we win the division.
    if we go 3-1.......10-6 we can still win the division , if neither Dallas or Wash win out.
    ........................10-6 we still have a good shot at a wild-card...too early for all those scenarios.

9-7 will not get us in this year , as we have no tie-break leverage.

it will most likely be that week 17 finds us tied with Wash or Dallas and we will need to beat
    the Eagles while rooting for whichever team between Dallas and Wash that helps our cause.

same old nerve-racking bull-spit.
    you would think we'd be used to it by now.
    9-7 could very well make it since both our rivals are .500 teams now. They also have many very losable games. I can definitely see both Dallas and Washington finishing 8-8. I can definitely see them both losing this week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

If I recall directly, a lot of the points that we put up on the Saints in our last few meetings were during garbage time after they already had the game well in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    9-7 could very well make it since both our rivals are .500 teams now. They also have many very losable games. I can definitely see both Dallas and Washington finishing 8-8. I can definitely see them both losing this week as well.
    i appreciate your optimism CC , but the truth is.....

Washington has WON...3 of their last 4 (3 in a row)
    Dallas has WON ..........3 of their last 4 ( that loss to Wash)
    NY Giants has LOST....3 of their last 4 ( blew out all tie-breaks)

the pattern i see developing gives me severe pause for optimism.
    i will of course root my ice-bucket off until we are eliminated....
    but i'm sure you can see the reason for my trepidation.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    I also see the giants heading in to ATL and hittting them in the mouth. They have a weak schedule and I don't believe they are as good as their record says they are.
    THANK YOU. I have been wondering all along if Atlanta is a paper tiger. I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    i appreciate your optimism CC , but the truth is.....

Washington has WON...3 of their last 4 (3 in a row)
    Dallas has WON ..........3 of their last 4 ( that loss to Wash)
    NY Giants has LOST....3 of their last 4 ( blew out all tie-breaks)

the pattern i see developing gives me severe pause for optimism.
    i will of course root my ice-bucket off until we are eliminated....
    but i'm sure you can see the reason for my trepidation.
    Well Dallas is playing a team that's won 4 straight this week and Washington is playing a team that's 9-3. We could have a 2 game lead after the weekend.

+ Reply to Thread