+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Can they make it in at 9-7 because that's what it looks like they might end up being. A loss this week and next week. A win against a Ravens team with nothing to play for and believe it or not they beat the Eagles.
    You guys don't think we have a good chance to go down to Atlanta and beat them?
    I do.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You guys don't think we have a good chance to go down to Atlanta and beat them?
    I do.
    David Diehl permanently back in the lineup.
    No running game.
    Falcons now have Asante Samuel (is he injured?), an Eli killer
    Falcons have a power running game (not Turner, Jaquezz Rogers)
    Falcons will embarass Corey Webster

Basically Eli will be forced into a shootout and the way Nicks and Cruz are playing, he won't have a lot of help.
    Last edited by VBGiantsFan; 12-05-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Banned
    In my heart of heart's I believe we will make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    David Diehl permanently back in the lineup.
    No running game.
    Falcons now have Asante Samuel (is he injured?), and Eli killer
    Falcons have a power running game (not Turner, Jaquezz Rogers)
    Falcons will embarass Corey Webster

Basically Eli will be forced into a shootout and the way Nicks and Cruz are playing, he won't have a lot of help.
    Lets look at the situation going into our playoff game last season.

1. We had no running game
    2. Deihl was starting at LEFT TACKLE
    3. They had a great power running game
    4. Corey Webster was our starting CB.

How did that turn out?
    Get well soon 80.

This team is so unpredictable they can go from winning out to losing out. I'm not kidding. What they have to do is get their heads on straight and focus on winning instead of praising the opponent leading up to the game.

Here's my prediction based on this team's history:
    Saints - W
    Falcons - W (think packers)
    Ravens - L (post win hangover)
    Eagles - W

Final 10-6 and win the NFCE and 4th seed in the playoffs.

If we lose to the Saints on Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised to see more of a collapse, and only beat the Eagles at the end and close the season at 8-8 missing the playoffs.

How did that turn out?
    Hey man, I definitely hope you are right!

1. True
    2. Diehl wasn't AS much the liability he is this year. But yes, he was bad in an important position
    3. Not really. Turner was ok and they really weren't using Rogers like they have this season. He is their future and they know it
    4. Webster has significantly digressed this season. I don't think anyone can debate that

ADDITION: We are playing them IN ATLANTA

How did that turn out?
    Last december:
    1) Tuck and Osi were playing like they cared.
    2) We have the Cowboys number in december, and last year they were the only divisional threat.
    3) Cruz wasn't dropping balls by this point in the season.
    4) All the injuries prior in the season were coming back online. This time we've got people going inactive (Brown, Locklear, Hixon, Williams)

PS: I still think we need to find one game to just start Tracy and Ojomo. Tuck and Osi just look like they don't care anymore, and since TC won't ever start rookies, they know their jobs are secure for the time being...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Tha Giants will beat the Falcons and Ravens, because thats what the Giants do against good teams on the road @ 1 o'clock. (book it)

Saints W/L
    Falcons W
    Raven W
    Eagles W

Gut feelings tell me they win the next 3 out of 4 or run the table. Maybe I'm feeling a little optimistic this Wednesday morning or maybe it's the coffee, but I wouldn't have the remaining schedule any other way.

Go Giants!!!!

#80 get well soon...

I think the Giants have the players to run the table, including the Falcons.

Once again, just like last season, I'm worried about Fewell and Gilbride.....sometimes I think the players make them both look alot better than they are.

Then again, last season worked out okay....so I'll just hope for the best.

However, if we see the same frightened schemes from Fewell that we saw against RG3, Brees is going to destroy this defense.

And, more importantly, hopefully Killdrive will attack the weakness of the Saints defense.....unlike his dopey gameplan against the Skins.

Eli should have had 400+ yards v. that ****ty Skins pass defense.......but yeah, Gilbride is "The Best There Is."
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think the Giants have the players to run the table, including the Falcons.

Once again, just like last season, I'm worried about Fewell and Gilbride.....sometimes I think the players make them both look alot better than they are.

Then again, last season worked out okay....so I'll just hope for the best.

However, if we see the same frightened schemes from Fewell that we saw against RG3, Brees is going to destroy this defense.
    I would say more Fewell than Gilbride. KG is a very good offensive coordinator and if the team executes the game plan they are among the top in the league. Problem is his game plans are so difficult to execute the team has brain farts too often. It takes a lot of positive emotion to be able to focus enough to grasp the whole thing and execute like last season. The team was running high all through the playoffs, had very few miscommunications, or any other brain farts. That's how you succeed in this kind of offense. Focus.