+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well Dallas is playing a team that's won 4 straight this week and Washington is playing a team that's 9-3. We could have a 2 game lead after the weekend.
    combined with a win against brees......that would certainly put us back in control ,
    and leave me way more optimistic.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

I'm not worried about the Cowboys. It's in Garrett's DNA to make some boneheaded decision at the end of a game to cost them a crucial win. Shanahan, on the other hand, is actually an NFL caliber head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    combined with a win against brees......that would certainly put us back in control ,
    and leave me way more optimistic.
    And I want that for you.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    I don't think you can ever count the Giants out, however they have yet again made the path to the playoffs more difficult. It seems like they have no passion or desire until they have their backs against the wall.... which in my view is rediculous. Clearly they have the ability to play amongst the best, but all too often they come out with no desire to play. I don't know if it's coaching or players, most likely a combination of the two, but it is frustrating!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I don't think you can ever count the Giants out, however they have yet again made the path to the playoffs more difficult. It seems like they have no passion or desire until they have their backs against the wall.... which in my view is rediculous. Clearly they have the ability to play amongst the best, but all too often they come out with no desire to play. I don't know if it's coaching or players, most likely a combination of the two, but it is frustrating!
    The NFL is a crazy league anymore. Just when you think a team is up they have a terrible loss. I wouldn't be surprised at all the see both Dallas and Washington lose this week. As a matter of fact I think that's more likely than not.
    I mean we looked like crap against Pitt. and Cincy and then we look like the '85 Bears against the hottest team in football vs. GB.
    Its all about matchups. Each week is a season in itself.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    The schedule works out in the Redskins favor so much it's depressing. We really needed that win yesterday...

Giants (7-5)

Saints L
    @Falcons L
    @Ravens W/L
    Eagles W

Season Ending Best: 9-7, Division 3-3
    Season Ending Worst: 8-8, Division 3-3

Redskins (6-6)

Ravens W/L
    @Browns W
    @Eagles W
    Cowboys W/L

Season Ending Best: 10-6, Division 5-1
    Season Ending Worse: 8-8, Division 4-2

Cowboys (6-6)

@Bengals W/L
    Steelers L
    Saints W
    @Redskins W/L

Season Ending Best: 9-7, DIvision 4-2
    Season Ending Worse: 7-9, Divsion 3-3
    if we dont the team has nobody to blame but themselves.

Bench Player
    one thing we forget about last year's run is that the giants had an extremely favorable schedule. they played the cowboys twice, the redskins weren't supposed to be tough, and they got an extra home game because of the jets game. this year they can play great, but good teams usually take care of home field so the raven and falcons games will be extremely tough to win. we have to count on the other teams losing because at best i see them splitting the next four.

This team will make the playoffs

Starter
    I see them beating the Falcons and the Ravens on the road. This team always steps up when their backs are put up against a wall and nobody gives them a chance. Then they will probably lose in an ugly manner to the Eagles, but still make the playoffs and that's when all the fun begins.

Giants will lose tiebreaker to the winner of the Redskins Dallas game . The Giants, the best they can finish is 3-3 in the division while the Boys are 3-2 and Skins are 3-1. So in reality losing to the Redskins cost the Giants 2 games not 1. My belief is the Redskins win the NFC East.Just hoping the Seahawks lose 2 games to get them in as a wildcard
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-06-2012 at 01:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread