+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Will we make the playoffs?

I see the Giants finishing 10/6....now is that good enough to win the division , it all depends on what all the other teams do, the Giants never make things easy for themselves.

It's simple. We score TD's instead of FGs we win.

Sorry to say we're not making the playoffs. Bree's wil kill us Sunday and the Giant offense will continue to underwhelm. When the offensive MVP is the kicker you know you got trouble. At best we go 2-2 down the stretch but more likely 1-3. Blowing those games against the Eagles and Steelers comes back to bite us.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanSenior View Post
    Sorry to say we're not making the playoffs. Bree's wil kill us Sunday and the Giant offense will continue to underwhelm. When the offensive MVP is the kicker you know you got trouble. At best we go 2-2 down the stretch but more likely 1-3. Blowing those games against the Eagles and Steelers comes back to bite us.
    Unless something changes and we start scoring TD's instead of FG's, we will finish 3rd in the NFC East and no playoffs. This coaching staff is notorious for allowing the second half collapses to happen. Even if we make it to the playoffs, we will be out in the first round. You can blame execution as much as you want but ultimately, it is the coaching staff that chooses the players who will be on the field. Some players need to be sitting on the bench and let the replacements play. The lack of effort from this team is unbelievable and the worst thing is the coaching staff tolerates it. It is fascinating to watch the Giants operate inside the 30. Teams know it will be Run, Run, Pass, Kick FG 60% of the time. The runs will come up the middle and the throw will be an out of bounds fade to Nicks. That's how predictable we have become.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Unless something changes and we start scoring TD's instead of FG's, we will finish 3rd in the NFC East and no playoffs. This coaching staff is notorious for allowing the second half collapses to happen. Even if we make it to the playoffs, we will be out in the first round. You can blame execution as much as you want but ultimately, it is the coaching staff that chooses the players who will be on the field. Some players need to be sitting on the bench and let the replacements play. The lack of effort from this team is unbelievable and the worst thing is the coaching staff tolerates it. It is fascinating to watch the Giants operate inside the 30. Teams know it will be Run, Run, Pass, Kick FG 60% of the time. The runs will come up the middle and the throw will be an out of bounds fade to Nicks. That's how predictable we have become.
    When was the last time anyone actually caught a fade for a TD this year???????

Banned
    Whtever happens I will be nervous if it comes down to our last game of the year against Philly to decide it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCat_FIN View Post
    I see them beating the Falcons and the Ravens on the road. This team always steps up when their backs are put up against a wall and nobody gives them a chance. Then they will probably lose in an ugly manner to the Eagles, but still make the playoffs and that's when all the fun begins.
    That seems more likely to me also, going by past history.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Whtever happens I will be nervous if it comes down to our last game of the year against Philly to decide it.
    I'll be honest. If we are in the position of winning the Philly game to win the division, I'd take that right now in a heartbeat.
    Get well soon 80.

we could win out.... or we can lay an egg.... at this point, I honestly don't know where our team is headed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'll be honest. If we are in the position of winning the Philly game to win the division, I'd take that right now in a heartbeat.
    We should beat Philly but then again we should have beaten Washington too. It would be great to beat Philly to take the division on our last game of our regular season but I will be nervous if it comes down to that.

+ Reply to Thread