+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Our best outcome is 9-7?
    Exactly what I was thinking when I read the first comment. Where is the faith in the team? The urgency will kick in and they could potentially win out in all four games. I think 9-7 record would be at worst, not best. As for making the playoffs? I do believe we will make it. Sadly, I think the Skins will, too. We may face each other in the wildcard round of the playoffs. I can just see it happening.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

I don't know. It is hard to tell by how the Giants keep messing up and is Nicks ok and can be a benefactor?

One game at a time. The team can't beat the Saints by thinking about the Faclons, Ravens, and Eagles. The opportunity to win the division early went out the window already. Giants have to win their own games plain and simple. They can't go in Sunday expecting the Cowboys to lose or the Ravens to pull off a win against RG3. They simply have to focus on beating the Saints. 4 games to go, there's still too many scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    One game at a time. The team can't beat the Saints by thinking about the Faclons, Ravens, and Eagles. The opportunity to win the division early went out the window already. Giants have to win their own games plain and simple. They can't go in Sunday expecting the Cowboys to lose or the Ravens to pull off a win against RG3. They simply have to focus on beating the Saints. 4 games to go, there's still too many scenarios.
    You do realize that it doesn't effect the team if FANS think about other games past this one.......Right?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You do realize that it doesn't effect the team if FANS think about other games past this one.......Right?
    I agreed. Any fan can think ahead which I do sometimes as well and that's perfectly fine with me. I'm just saying the team and coaches most likely is not thinking ahead at this time and there's still too many scenarioes out there to go. Most of the NFC is still mathematically in the wild card race too.

Sadly, a win last Monday & we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The Giants for the past 8+ yrs have been consistant at being great early in the season, bad in the middle & either great enough at the end to go all the way or just play mediocre enough to blow a playoff spot.

even in 08 when we won the NFCE with a 12-4 record, ' we went 1-3 down the stretch & 1 & done to Philly.

How do the Patriots go 19-1 in Dec the past 5yrs & we have to struggle to squeek in?

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Sadly, a win last Monday & we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The Giants for the past 8+ yrs have been consistant at being great early in the season, bad in the middle & either great enough at the end to go all the way or just play mediocre enough to blow a playoff spot.

even in 08 when we won the NFCE with a 12-4 record, ' we went 1-3 down the stretch & 1 & done to Philly.

How do the Patriots go 19-1 in Dec the past 5yrs & we have to struggle to squeek in?
    The Patriots are one of those teams that are consistent. Sure they have their rough spots but for the most part they are consistent. They almost seem to coast in under the radar too, even though they pretty much are the only team in their division that would even garner attention.