+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I honestly think that Linval Joseph has been average this year, for the most part

I honestly think that Linval Joseph has been average this year, for the most part

I'm not hating on him, nor am I saying he's bad, but the way he's talked about on here you'd think he was the Fat Jesus. I understand he draws the double team most of the time, and he's been pretty effective at times in the pass rush. But he seems to have a hard time shedding blockers. He'll get blocked and an RB will run right by him and he won't disengage fast enough to make the stop. One positive is though that he doesn't give up on the play. Even when the ball carrier gets passed the defensive front, he chases the guy down and occasionally makes a nice tackle. Once again, I'm not calling him bad. I'm just saying he's a bit overrated, at least on these boards. Feel free to prove me wrong, as I am not a world renowned football scout. This is just my observation.

i disagree. he's beasted the majority of games. he has 4 sacks or more iirc which is good (great really in our scheme) for a DT and we still have 4 games...dont forget we didnt have canty for most of the season thus far...and that Tuck and Osi are too busy running the RG3 Fan Club to help raise the level of DL play.

and from what i've seen from watching the entire league, he's getting held more than any other DT i can recall honestly and theres rarely a flag thrown smfh

Quote Originally Posted by rtr1105 View Post
    I'm not hating on him, nor am I saying he's bad, but the way he's talked about on here you'd think he was the Fat Jesus. I understand he draws the double team most of the time, and he's been pretty effective at times in the pass rush. But he seems to have a hard time shedding blockers. He'll get blocked and an RB will run right by him and he won't disengage fast enough to make the stop. One positive is though that he doesn't give up on the play. Even when the ball carrier gets passed the defensive front, he chases the guy down and occasionally makes a nice tackle. Once again, I'm not calling him bad. I'm just saying he's a bit overrated, at least on these boards. Feel free to prove me wrong, as I am not a world renowned football scout. This is just my observation.

How much do you see Joseph talked about? It's not very often but it's usually very positive both here and in the media.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How much do you see Joseph talked about? It's not very often but it's usually very positive both here and in the media.
    I'm talking about when his name comes up. He's good, but he still has his flaws.

I'm talking about when his name comes up. He's good, but he still has his flaws.
    OH, flaws, he's one of those.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-05-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

lol. name one player in the NFL without "flaws"

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    lol. name one player in the NFL without "flaws"
    I wa just using the word to sum up what I said in the OP. He has tons of bright spots, but I think still think he needs to improve against the run. He's by no means bad, but it seems like he doesn't make the tackle at the line if a guy runs right by him. I think he's better against the pass than the run.

I wa just using the word to sum up what I said in the OP. He has tons of bright spots, but I think still think he needs to improve against the run. He's by no means bad, but it seems like he doesn't make the tackle at the line if a guy runs right by him. I think he's better against the pass than the run.
    Linval actually was double teamed and got caused a fumble in the last Redskins Game. It's not a coincidence that the Giants have been more stout in the few goal line stands that we've had in the last few years with Canty and Joseph.

dude,,this entire team has been just average this year,,it is not one player or players.

+ Reply to Thread