+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 176
  1. #1
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,946

    We lost because of poor execution....period.

    The gameplan was ball control to keep Griffen off the field, as we had NO answer for him on defense. The staff knew it long before the game started.

    This is a very smart decision based on that fact. Dropped balls, stupid penalties and errant passes cost us this game. Those are all execution issues. Execute the gameplan, Giants win easily. The Giants didn't.

    That being said.....Gilbride doesn't get off the hook for this loss either. Question for you, Kev: If I know that on 2nd and 10 that we will run a handoff to AB up the middle EVERY TIME.....don't you think the Redskins knew too? Yeah.....that will be the reason why it didn't work EVERY TIME!!

    In hindsight....the way the Giants beat Griffen is to air it out and outscore them.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,576
    The offensive players cost them the game. Only the offense and special teams where called for penalties. The defense and coaches where not. They had no answer for RG3? He did not have a great night. He had 163 yards passing and 72 yards rushing. That is good enough to win when you hold him to those numbers. Remember 46 of those rushing yards came on a single play where the very next play the defense caused a fumble so it didn't hurt them. Oh, that turnover was turned into another field goal and the only points of the second half for the Giants. The Giants lost because they had the ball in scoring position 5 times and scored 1 TD, kicked 4 field goals, and missed 1 of them.

  3. #3
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    25,512
    whether or not they had no answer for RG is debatable....held the O to 17 points..
    The Giants offense should have torched that secondary......they did ok but sucked in the RZ once again....
    this game is on the O
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Our red zone offense is beyond pathetic, we can not score touchdowns to save our lives

  5. #5
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The offensive players cost them the game. Only the offense and special teams where called for penalties. The defense and coaches where not. They had no answer for RG3? He did not have a great night. He had 163 yards passing and 72 yards rushing. That is good enough to win when you hold him to those numbers. Remember 46 of those rushing yards came on a single play where the very next play the defense caused a fumble so it didn't hurt them. Oh, that turnover was turned into another field goal and the only points of the second half for the Giants. The Giants lost because they had the ball in scoring position 5 times and scored 1 TD, kicked 4 field goals, and missed 1 of them.
    The defensive stats are misleading since we DID win TOP. The defenses ONLY way of stopping them was getting turnovers....otherwise they sliced us up. Let's not be crazy and say the defense was in any way shape or form GREAT in this game.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  6. #6
    The Redskins were lucky to win that game. They had a miracle fumble and we missed a field goal.

  7. #7
    I agree with AK_JIM, RG3 really wasn't spectacular in my opinion. I think he is good, but he still has to prove himself in this league. Everyone keeps jocking him so much, it's ridiculous.

  8. #8
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,576
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    The defensive stats are misleading since we DID win TOP. The defenses ONLY way of stopping them was getting turnovers....otherwise they sliced us up. Let's not be crazy and say the defense was in any way shape or form GREAT in this game.
    The defense only had one turnover and there was a fluke TD scored in this game. They where probably the hottest offense in the league and where held to 17 points, a fluke TD as part of that 17, and RG3 did not put up super human stats as the media would like us all to believe. You are right, they won the TOP. Thats what makes it so sad the only scored 16 points.

  9. #9
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The defense only had one turnover and there was a fluke TD scored in this game. They where probably the hottest offense in the league and where held to 17 points, a fluke TD as part of that 17, and RG3 did not put up super human stats as the media would like us all to believe. You are right, they won the TOP. Thats what makes it so sad the only scored 16 points.
    You argue as if I'm Saying the defense lost this game for us....I'm not. But it was TOP that kept the Griffen from padding the stats. TOP is what kept us in the game. Nothing else sure did.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  10. #10
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,576
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    You argue as if I'm Saying the defense lost this game for us....I'm not. But it was TOP that kept the Griffen from padding the stats. TOP is what kept us in the game. Nothing else sure did.
    The defense wasn't perfect, but in the first half, when the offense was controlling the clock, the defense was also stopping Washington. The problem is the Giants offense did not execute in scoring position. They went in the half with a 3 point lead and had the ball almost the entire first half. That is how you lose a game. The second half should have started with them having at least a two score lead and getting the kickoff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts