+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JPP on RG III and Drew Brees

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Do you wake up every day assuming you have a flat tire? Did you read the entire article? It's less about the Saints than it is a bout the Redskins.I can easily imagine it's easier to face a traditional offense than the option Washington runs.
    Still a poor choice of words from a guy that played this team last year and his unit got lit up by the guy it would be so much easier to play. How can he say that knowing what happened last year?

I get what he meant too, but it was poorly put. Chances are if the reporter's eyes are gleaming and you see the drool starting to form, you've said something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Still a poor choice of words from a guy that played this team last year and his unit got lit up by the guy it would be so much easier to play. How can he say that knowing what happened last year?
    Do you argue it's true?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I get what he meant too, but it was poorly put. Chances are if the reporter's eyes are gleaming and you see the drool starting to form, you've said something wrong.
    You put far too much weight to these types of comments. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Do you argue it's true?
    What?

What?
    Do you think playing the Saints is easier than playing the Redskins? Not are we going to beat the Saints, just the aspect of which offense is harder for players to defend.

All-Pro
    You put far too much weight to these types of comments. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field.
    Yeah but the players do hear these things. You can be sure if the Giants lose this will be brought back up after the game and hey will have a ball with it. Some Giants players didn't like what some Green Bay players said. Lots of players say they lost the the game or let it slip away or that they didn't play heir best football.

Yeah but the players do hear these things. You can be sure if the Giants lose this will be brought back up after the game and hey will have a ball with it. Some Giants players didn't like what some Green Bay players said. Lots of players say they lost the the game or let it slip away or that they didn't play heir best football.
    They heard how regal RGIII was last week and we didn't like that. Now we hear thank God we don't have to face that type of offenses in the next game and we don't like that.

Maybe it's just me, but when I watch the Redskins' option, they way they play it, I don't understand how any team wants to play them. I can't remember ever seeing those kinds of formations in the NFL. I also am sure teams will begin to find a fix for it and it will be like the Wildcat before long, a non-factor. But right now, it's a pain in the ***.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-06-2012 at 08:23 AM.

All-Pro
    Do you think playing the Saints is easier than playing the Redskins? Not are we going to beat the Saints, just the aspect of which offense is harder for players to defend.
    Like I said, I get what he means. So yeah, playing the traditional offense is something they are more familiar with, but to use the word "EASY" when this team blasted you last year is a poor choice of words.

All-Pro
    They heard how regal RGIII was last week and we didn't like that. Now we hear thank God we don't have to face that type of offenses in the next game and we don't like that.Maybe it's just me, but when I watch the Redskins' option, they way they play it, I don't understand how any team wants to play them. I can't remember ever seeing those kinds of formations in the NFL. I also am sure teams will begin to find a fix for it and it will be like the Wildcat before long, a non-factor. But right now, it's a pain in the ***.
    Agreed. They are catching teams off guard with their style but in the summer every team on their schedule, especially teams in their division, will try to come up with something to stop it. Happens a lot. One year a team or player comes on strong, the next hey have been figured out. Not saying that guy won't be a good one. Even though I didn't like what Tuck and Osi said I thought they played a great game. I have been saying it since the game ended, the offense lost that game. The offense has lost a few games this year. The only problem this week is that I think the defense won't have as good a game against the Saints. They need the offense to wake up o have a chance in this game.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-06-2012 at 08:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread