+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A Must Win Game? Just The Way The Giants Like it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...giants-like-it

Excerpt: "THE GAME: The New Orleans Saints (5-7) vs. the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants (7-5), 4:25 p.m. ET at the Meadowlands, East Rutherford, N.J.

THE WEATHER:
    The Giants wanted some uncomfortable weather to help slow down the Saints on Sunday, and it looks like they might get it. The conditions should be raw. Temperatures in the low 40s, light winds and there’s a 30 percent chance of the kind of crappy, annoying rain that was outside on Friday as I tried to put my Christmas lights up. Bah humbug!

WHAT IT MEANS:
    The Saints are truly in win-‘em-all mode if they have any hopes of making the playoffs. Time is running out on them and they have a lot of teams to jump over. Meanwhile, the Giants aren’t that desperate, unless you consider they’re upcoming schedule which includes trips to Atlanta and Baltimore after this game. If they lose this game, they could fall to second in the NFC East staring at two very difficult road games. And all of a sudden a playoff berth won’t look like such a sure thing.

MATCHUP TO WATCH:
    Saints LT Jermon Bushrod vs. Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul. If you want one big key to this game for the Giants, it’ll be the ability of their once-dominant pass rush to put some pressure on Drew Brees. The Saints quarterback is good at avoiding sacks because he gets the ball out of his hands so quickly, but if the Giants don’t pressure him at all he’ll have all day to sit their and pick their suspect secondary apart. Obviously, JPP – balky back and all – is the key to the Giants’ pass rush. Osi Umenyiora is a hot-and-cold player and Justin Tuck has only showed flashes of his old self. Pierre-Paul is their most consistent threat and if Bushrod (presumably with help) can keep him off Brees all game, the Giants better be prepared to score 50 to win." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

They should all be considered must win games to the Giants players. With the Boys and the Skins on their heals, they can't get too comfortable....
    Gotta be in it to win it

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a shootout. Defense needs to come alive tomorrow.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

shootout ?!!

i don't think Tynes can score 49 points.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    shootout ?!!

i don't think Tynes can score 49 points.
    lol If there is a will, there is a way. He's practically scored most of the points for our team this year!
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

All-Pro
    the incosistent play of this team drives me crazy....so yeah every game is a must win to make up for the must wins they didn't/don't win....

I certainly don't say these words lightly, but this game is a "Must-Win".

Without this game, we're not a playoff team. . .even if we sneak in.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    I certainly don't say these words lightly, but this game is a "Must-Win".

Without this game, we're not a playoff team. . .even if we sneak in.
    You know how I feel..........16 must win games each year because the difference between 9-7 and 10-6 is usually the difference between in and out. We have another must win game tomorrow no doubt. go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    You know how I feel..........16 must win games each year because the difference between 9-7 and 10-6 is usually the difference between in and out. We have another must win game tomorrow no doubt. go Blue!!
    ^ This. Go Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...giants-like-it

Excerpt: "THE GAME: The New Orleans Saints (5-7) vs. the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants (7-5), 4:25 p.m. ET at the Meadowlands, East Rutherford, N.J.

THE WEATHER:
    The Giants wanted some uncomfortable weather to help slow down the Saints on Sunday, and it looks like they might get it. The conditions should be raw. Temperatures in the low 40s, light winds and there’s a 30 percent chance of the kind of crappy, annoying rain that was outside on Friday as I tried to put my Christmas lights up. Bah humbug!

WHAT IT MEANS:
    The Saints are truly in win-‘em-all mode if they have any hopes of making the playoffs. Time is running out on them and they have a lot of teams to jump over. Meanwhile, the Giants aren’t that desperate, unless you consider they’re upcoming schedule which includes trips to Atlanta and Baltimore after this game. If they lose this game, they could fall to second in the NFC East staring at two very difficult road games. And all of a sudden a playoff berth won’t look like such a sure thing.

MATCHUP TO WATCH:
    Saints LT Jermon Bushrod vs. Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul. If you want one big key to this game for the Giants, it’ll be the ability of their once-dominant pass rush to put some pressure on Drew Brees. The Saints quarterback is good at avoiding sacks because he gets the ball out of his hands so quickly, but if the Giants don’t pressure him at all he’ll have all day to sit their and pick their suspect secondary apart. Obviously, JPP – balky back and all – is the key to the Giants’ pass rush. Osi Umenyiora is a hot-and-cold player and Justin Tuck has only showed flashes of his old self. Pierre-Paul is their most consistent threat and if Bushrod (presumably with help) can keep him off Brees all game, the Giants better be prepared to score 50 to win." Read more...
    Yeah, I am sure Coughlin will have them ready for the big game as usual.