+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opportunities Missed best describes the Skins Game

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    BS. The Giants D line got taken to the wood shed in that game; it was embarrassing.
    Ohhhh yes. I think our lack of depth at Defensive Tackle is going to be a huge issue moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    We missed covering a fumble that gave the Skins 6 points.
    I don't think the Giants ever had a chance to recover that one. That was a lucky fumble by RG3 and the ball went directly to the WR who happened to be the right place at the right time. Of course, you can say if the D-Line contained the edges on him, he might have had a harder time to run on that lucky play in the first place.

Veteran
    Don't want to hear anything about the skins game, that's the past can't do anything about it now. I'm looking forward to these next few games.

For the whole season we cried about how Clay Matthews said the Packer's beat themselves. Then the 49ers claimed the same thing and we were in a huff about that. Now we are doing the same thing. Every single football game is about who plays the most mistake free football with a bit of skill and luck thrown in to boot. They beat us fair and square. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    For the whole season we cried about how Clay Matthews said the Packer's beat themselves. Then the 49ers claimed the same thing and we were in a huff about that. Now we are doing the same thing. Every single football game is about who plays the most mistake free football with a bit of skill and luck thrown in to boot. They beat us fair and square. Let sleeping dogs lie.
    No one was saying that about the 49ers game cause they had a legitmate excuse that they beat themselves.... I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but when you lose by one point and your making penalties at the worst times you can see why some people are saying the " we beat ourselves" arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    We missed covering a fumble that gave the Skins 6 points.

Eli missed a wide open Cruz for a sure TD (by about 2 feet)

Tynes missed a FG that would have given us a 2pt vicotory

Every drive in the redzone stalled because of stupid penalties, if just one of them had culminated in a TD, we win
    Also you can throw in the play where Eli did not connect with Nicks on a post route although that was a great defensive play by one of the Skins DB's. I think if Eli would threw it a little bit high that would be a huge gain in Redskins territory in the 1st half.
    Last edited by Antwuan; 12-08-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

I am sorry, I do not agree.

The skins dropped about 7 wide open passes and you think we missed opportunities? The way our defense played we had no business being in that game. The only reason we were is because the skins recievers have bad hands.

I am not trying to sound too negative, because I still have hope for the team. But, I also know saying you were close to not playing like a Turd still means you played like a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    Also you can throw in the play where Eli did not connect with Nicks on a post route although that was a great defensive play by one of the Skins DB's. I think if Eli would threw it a little bit high that would be a huge gain in Redskins territory in the 1st half.
    that one was on nicks. as a wr u are trained to go after the ball at its highest point/as high as u can with ur hands. on the play ur discussing, nicks keeps his hands so low. i noticed it live time, was so frustrated with him. no excuse not to catch that.

What coulda happen...did happen.
    We Want 5!

Sour grapes, lets move on to the Saints!

+ Reply to Thread