+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up NFL may eliminate kickoffs!

Roger Goodell is contemplating eliminating kickoffs during games for safety reasons. Check out the article, it's an interesting idea being pushed by Greg Shiano head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Let's talk about how this would affect the game as we have grown to know and love. Fast forward 10 years this could be the flag football league.

http://usat.ly/121zWVm
    Last edited by Chris Christie; 12-06-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Ed Reed said it best NFL wants a powder puff league

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-puff-league

The amount of fines they are handing out lot of the players wont take a chance in case they get fined.If we win the game and I get 50K fine little tough to be happy about anything ask E Reed.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread....ES-WEEK12-NONE
    Last edited by ibbill; 12-06-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

This is pathetic really...smh. Let's take away one of the most exciting plays in the NFL.

He's doing it because of the injury factor.

I'm donating work to a hospital rehab gym (dedicated to this young man) this month because of a young man of 23 who, playing college football, got smacked real hard on a kickoff (it looked like helmet to helmet but it's hard to say) and went into a coma. The brain was filling up with blood, they cut half his brain away at this point and he barely talks and has difficulty walking for any period of time. He's as good as he's going to be at 25 after 2 years of therapy and brain surgeries.

I know his story is sad and tragic and for anonymity I'll keep his name and school out of this. By the way, he was misdiagnosed and had a mild concussion when this happened but the school let him on the field.

I'm not one of those that goes around saying "if it saves one person" and the young man that this happened to does not blame the game but I can see the point.

the day this rule goes into affect is the day I stop watching and sell my season tickets

this sport has been dying a slow death that started when the Mel Blount rule was put into affect

Quote Originally Posted by oldgiantfan View Post
    He's doing it because of the injury factor.

I'm donating work to a hospital rehab gym (dedicated to this young man) this month because of a young man of 23 who, playing college football, got smacked real hard on a kickoff (it looked like helmet to helmet but it's hard to say) and went into a coma. The brain was filling up with blood, they cut half his brain away at this point and he barely talks and has difficulty walking for any period of time. He's as good as he's going to be at 25 after 2 years of therapy and brain surgeries.

I know his story is sad and tragic and for anonymity I'll keep his name and school out of this. By the way, he was misdiagnosed and had a mild concussion when this happened but the school let him on the field.

I'm not one of those that goes around saying "if it saves one person" and the young man that this happened to does not blame the game but I can see the point.
    That is sad but it will happen again even if they ban the kickoff or not What about the punt ret.You never hear much about Boxers UFC guess the owners have not been sued and lost yet.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

How is this bad for us lol, we suck at kickoffs both ways usually.

So if that happens does the home team get the ball first? or will they do a coin toss?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

It'd be different, but I wouldn't lose sleep

So does that mean no more punts? What happens to punters?
    I thought we had something special!!!