+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wtf Greg???

wtf Greg???

Trying to eliminate kickoffs?

What gives?

Greg Schiano can't do anything alone, and that's how our society works. Someone suggests something, and if it's viewed as a good idea, it is voted upon and thereupon enforced. If there aren't kickoffs in the league next year, then most people agree with Schiano.

I just don't see the point of replacing a kick off with a punt off.

I don't see it happening at all

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Greg Schiano can't do anything alone, and that's how our society works. Someone suggests something, and if it's viewed as a good idea, it is voted upon and thereupon enforced
    LOL. uh, you do realize I'm asking Greg Schiano here on the boards. Ya know, the coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

I'm interested for his take on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Trying to eliminate kickoffs?What gives?
    Because in these six words we are all expected to infer that you are speaking to someone on the boards? LOL, uh, how is anyone supposed to realize this? Just what again in your post suggests this?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Because in these six words we are all expected to infer that you are speaking to someone on the boards? LOL, uh, how is anyone supposed to realize this?
    Maybe because if you spend time in this section, you would note that Greg Shiano occasionally graces us with his presence, and we chat with him.
    Just what again in your post suggests this?
    ....The fact I started a thread entitled "wtf greg?" and asked: "what gives?"...

Now the fun is kinda out of it......oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

After further thought...

If they were to actually ban kickoffs completely, this is certainly a better idea than just having teams start at the 20 yard line or something lame like that.

I don't fault the guy for offering a suggestion because it's not hard to foresee a day in the NFL where kickoffs are a former notion.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

I have been reading and listening to various interviews about the reason behind the elimination of kick-offs. I disagree in the elimination because of a change in the complexion of the game and the elimination of a job that some people have. I agree though because the percentage of injuries is much higher on kick-offs than any other part of the game. More players are injured when they have a full speed collision as opposed to punt returns where there is not as much of a distance and there are blocks way before contact is made with a returner.

+ Reply to Thread