+ Reply to Thread

Osi Goes On A Rolle, Praising Drew Brees

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...ing-drew-brees

Excerpt: "Drew Brees is “one of the best quarterbacks in the league” and Osi Umenyiora isn’t afraid to say it – whether Antrel Rolle likes it or not.

In the days after Rolle publicly scolded his teammates for giving opponents too many pre-game “hugs and kisses”, the Giants haven’t been shy at all about complimenting the Saints. Umenyiora was one of many – including Rolle – who heaped praise on Brees this week.

He just doesn’t see any connection between praising a player in the days before a game and what ends up happening on the field.

“There’s definitely no carryover for that,” Umenyiora said. “I think a lot of times you like to build somebody up only to tear them down. You don’t want to give anybody bulletin board material. You don’t want to say ‘Oh these guys suck’ and then he comes out there and throws for 13 touchdowns on you. So if anything you want to err on the side of caution and say how good he is and then go out there and knock his head off.”

What about what Rolle said on Tuesday, when he said the Giants “need to start giving more credit after the game as opposed to before the game”?

“That’s Antrel’s opinion,” Umenyiora said. “He’s one of our leaders. He’s one of the very good players we have on this team, so he’s entitled to that. But at the end of the day, if a guy’s a good player I’m going to call him a good player, period. That’s just the way it is. We’re playing against Drew Brees. He’s one of the best quarterbacks in the league. I’m going to say he’s one of the best quarterbacks in the league. If anybody has a problem with that, I guess they’ll take that up with me in private.” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This is different than saying someone gives you nightmares and "hating the football gods" like Tuck was saying. This is normal Giants praise not like Justin Tuck asking RGIII on a date kind of praise.

Unless it signals discord in the locker room
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Unless it signals discord in the locker room
    Maybe a little shake up will light a fire under the belly's of our more veteran defensive ends.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Maybe a little shake up will light a fire under the belly's of our more veteran defensive ends.
    I'd like to see that, but it could well be they are just not the players they were and can't do any more than they've been doing.

i agree ^^^ i just think guys like tuck and Im not hating on him, I know he has been very injured and that must be tough, but he cannot do what he used to. Lets get some other guys in there, they can at least do what he does but at least they are in our future

Would it kill them to just say something like "Drew Brees is a great QB but we've got our own future hall of fame QB that their defense has to worry about too"?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...ing-drew-brees
    I’m going to say he’s one of the best quarterbacks in the league. If anybody has a problem with that, I guess they’ll take that up with me in private.” Read more...
    lol Osi talking tough. what a stud.

I am not a fan of trash talk but dry humping the opposing QB by your DL is not acceptable. If you don't want to say anything just tell the media "I like him like I like all other QBs, on their backside"