+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    BIG GAME - WILL FEWELL REVERT TO A COWARDLY DEFENSE

    Antonio Pierce was dead on in a recent statement:

    “I’ve played with a lot of great defensive coordinators and it was always ‘Attack, attack, attack!’ You swing first and ask questions later. You hit them and make them adjust. The Giants have got to get back to that. When you start losing your swagger, that’s when you start getting pushed around."

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2ENpIoF3D


    I've called out Fewell numerous times for being a coward and playing prevent defense when the strength of the Giants is to attack. I don't mean the whole team blitz the QB, but get someone in the QB's face. Let the opposing offense know, our defense is in charge - make them adjust.

    We played timid and I'm afraid with this Fewell we will never be a dominant shut down defense we are capable of. Fewell makes cowards out of his players and I wonder if the recent comments by Tuck and Osi regarding RG3 is the feminization of players in the Fewell system.

  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,306
    What? The defense plays a good game last week. If they play the same way this week they should win as long as they don't rely on field goals when in scoring position. Attack how? They don't have the DL everyone thought they would. That is what is hurting them the most.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What? The defense plays a good game last week. If they play the same way this week they should win as long as they don't rely on field goals when in scoring position. Attack how? They don't have the DL everyone thought they would. That is what is hurting them the most.
    They basically gave up a scoring drive on virtually ever Redskins drive and was unable to stop them...they never made RG3 uncomfortable...he has his way all day

  4. #4
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,306
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    They basically gave up a scoring drive on virtually ever Redskins drive and was unable to stop them...they never made RG3 uncomfortable...he has his way all day
    Um...no. They punted twice in the first half, scored a TD on a fluke play, and held them to a field goal when they had 1st down in the red zone. In the second half they allowed ONE score.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    They basically gave up a scoring drive on virtually ever Redskins drive and was unable to stop them...
    Eight drives and only three scores. The Giants had nine drives and four scores.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What? The defense plays a good game last week. If they play the same way this week they should win as long as they don't rely on field goals when in scoring position. Attack how? They don't have the DL everyone thought they would. That is what is hurting them the most.
    If you learned when Spags was here, the Giants ran a lot of blitzes. This gave the chance for some of our D-linemen to get untouched to the qb by confusing the O-line. Now Giants hardly blitz and that is the problem. Fewell put too many men in coverage and many of the look for help too much. It is time for the Giants to blitz more and make plays off of those blitz or take some of those blitz from some of the schemes he has so that it can confuse the O-line.

    Giants actually have too many of the same type of rushers except for JPP who has quickness and power. Giants need to add schemes that will get the lbs to come in and be threats on the blitz.

  7. #7
    Also dont forget RW Mcquarters was a good blitzer from the nickel corner. We dont have that anymore. Ross was a decent blitzer too.

  8. #8
    Veteran JPP=BEASTMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boise ID
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmurda1984 View Post
    Also dont forget RW Mcquarters was a good blitzer from the nickel corner. We dont have that anymore. Ross was a decent blitzer too.
    They should blitz will Hill from the nickel.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What? The defense plays a good game last week. If they play the same way this week they should win as long as they don't rely on field goals when in scoring position. Attack how? They don't have the DL everyone thought they would. That is what is hurting them the most.
    Our offensive game plan is constantly adapted to deal with the defenses problems. Last week our offensive game plan was tailored to Osi and Tuck’s paranoia and fear over the roach with braids. Both Fewell and he that shall remain nameless OC need to go.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Our offensive game plan is constantly adapted to deal with the defenses problems. Last week our offensive game plan was tailored to Osi and Tuck’s paranoia and fear over the roach with braids. Both Fewell and he that shall remain nameless OC need to go.
    Lol roach with braids...we should fear RG3 because we might have to actually win 11 games to win our division in the future. 9-7 might not make it anymore, and mediocrity might finally not be ok anymore. Its the players fault why we lost this game....this team plays when they want too. We lose winnable games and win games the hard way. But lets be honest, this division stinks..and the Giants should be up 3 games at least. People want to talk about our brutal schedule but we are LOSING division games more than anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts