+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    25,801
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    Antonio Pierce was dead on in a recent statement:

    “I’ve played with a lot of great defensive coordinators and it was always ‘Attack, attack, attack!’ You swing first and ask questions later. You hit them and make them adjust. The Giants have got to get back to that. When you start losing your swagger, that’s when you start getting pushed around."

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2ENpIoF3D


    I've called out Fewell numerous times for being a coward and playing prevent defense when the strength of the Giants is to attack. I don't mean the whole team blitz the QB, but get someone in the QB's face. Let the opposing offense know, our defense is in charge - make them adjust.

    We played timid and I'm afraid with this Fewell we will never be a dominant shut down defense we are capable of. Fewell makes cowards out of his players and I wonder if the recent comments by Tuck and Osi regarding RG3 is the feminization of players in the Fewell system.
    wow.....feminization....

    dude ...get a clue
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  2. #12
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,923
    What, as an example, is a "great attacking defense"? Which teams are those?

  3. #13
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    He had a dominant defensive line. I miss 2011 playoffs Osi, Tuck, and JPP too.
    All true. but the whole defensive strategy seemed better as well.

  4. #14
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    They basically gave up a scoring drive on virtually ever Redskins drive and was unable to stop them...they never made RG3 uncomfortable...he has his way all day
    Um...no. They punted twice in the first half, scored a TD on a fluke play, and held them to a field goal when they had 1st down in the red zone. In the second half they allowed ONE score.

  5. #15
    Veteran JPP=BEASTMODE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boise ID
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I thought the D was solid last week. If the offense scores a TD or 2 on those drives instead of FGs, we win and Fewell looks great because he held the hot skins O to less then 20.
    If Tynes doesn't miss that field goal because of a bad snap we win.

  6. #16
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,520
    I like his defense. If we had better linebackers this would be an excellent defense. Just sit back and think about how bad our linebackers are. We cannot avoid this issue in the draft.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    They basically gave up a scoring drive on virtually ever Redskins drive and was unable to stop them...
    Eight drives and only three scores. The Giants had nine drives and four scores.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    If Tynes doesn't miss that field goal because of a bad snap we win.
    That's not true since it obviously didn't happen. Plus the Skins were driving on us when they got the ball with 3mins and change left in the game. If it were 19-17 then, the Skins would likely at least be in field goal range to win the game.

  9. #19
    I strongly disagree with the common thought that our defense played a "solid" game. Giving up over 120 yards on the ground to Morris is not considered by any stretch of the imagination solid defense. Giants had a 16-10 lead and the defense let the Skins drive very easily down the field to score a game winning touchdown then in a situation where they needed to force a punt to give Eli one last chance, they failed. Multiple times in fact on that very same drive. Don't let the 17 points fool you

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bleeding blue View Post
    I strongly disagree with the common thought that our defense played a "solid" game. Giving up over 120 yards on the ground to Morris is not considered by any stretch of the imagination solid defense. Giants had a 16-10 lead and the defense let the Skins drive very easily down the field to score a game winning touchdown then in a situation where they needed to force a punt to give Eli one last chance, they failed. Multiple times in fact on that very same drive. Don't let the 17 points fool you
    How many times did the offense fail to convert? It goes both ways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts