+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: One problem about David Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK01 View Post
    What are you basing "lousy" on? He has had so little opportunities .....he did bust one for a 40yd td...
    By all accounts last night Wilson was supposed step in and help carry the load. Coughlin even eluded to that during the week. Well he got only four touches. Going down easy, with a 2.2 ypc looking nothing like a number one pick or close to his 6th round counterpart qualifies as looking pretty lousy. He sure didn't look good considering he was supposed to help carry the load.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How can anyone say whether he is or isn't worthy of a first round pick until he gets the chance to make his case on the field? He's being developed/ It's what the team does.

Roanoke, I think this is a post anyone with some brains should just stay out of. the man got 4 carries and hes garbage. These people are turning into Zombies.. Same old sky is falling this person sucks the team blows. BLUH BLUH BLUH. You can tell who the true Giant fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    By all accounts last night Wilson was supposed step in and help carry the load. Coughlin even eluded to that during the week. Well he got only four touches. Going down easy, with a 2.2 ypc looking nothing like a number one pick or close to his 6th round counterpart qualifies as looking pretty lousy. He sure didn't look good considering he was supposed to help carry the load.

Did you ever think they were a little worried he might fumble in a close game is to why they did'nt want to put that kinda pressure on him. Or that Bradshaw was doing just fine alone? WoW ...

4 poor carries, probably why he didn't get anymore. He averaged 2.2 a carry and looked like a grandma doing it. Why feed him more. He showed nothing and went down easy. Alfred Morris looked like the #1 not Mr. Wilson.
    His first carry was through the middle for 5 yards.

If you're going to give up on a draft pick because of 3 mediocre carries, then you might as well not even draft.

Wilson was used last night as a very quick breather for AB and nothing more (kickoffs aside).

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    The best players usually have good rookie seasons, they could always get better in the future but having a good rookie season is usually a good sign.
    Remember how Eli started out. Now granted QB is a whole other animal, but after 2 or 3 years even I began thinking the Giants had made a mistake.

I have to keep reminding myself of this because for sure Wilson is not looking good.
    "You're never as bad as you think you are. And you're never as good as you think you are." - Wellington Mara

Wilson looked pathetic at running back but we would of had to trade up to get Martin. Morris lasted til the 6th. Nice job Reese!
    the kid does not suck he is being misused,,,the team is not playing to his strengths,,he is not a take the handoff and pound up the middle type of player,,,,they need to use him like philly uses shady,,a lot of misdirection plays, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by scoostraw View Post
    Remember how Eli started out. Now granted QB is a whole other animal, but after 2 or 3 years even I began thinking the Giants had made a mistake.

I have to keep reminding myself of this because for sure Wilson is not looking good.
    Wilson ran 4 times....end of story

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.
    This! right here is the reason why, I felt the giants draft room panicked and took wilson when tampa interveined. I am not blaming reese, or saying I can do a better job or know more than anyone, but its evident for what the giants use their RB's for and how we utilize them Martin was clearly ahead on the boards. Reese and co. panicked thinking that there was going to be a run on RB's in the early second round and that the drop off was going to be steep after wilson. Vick ballard would of worked okay in this offense I believe, Alfred moris as well.

Whats done is done, I agree before we can crucify the kid he needs more attempts to better evaluate his role in this offense, I have said many times that if they don't let him block for eli ever y now and then, teams are going to smell run and stack the box every time he is in. A simple play action fake with wilson in the back field would throw the redskins safties off so badly both nick and cruz would blow the top of the coverage down field before they realize its a fake.

Spolied milk just forget about it.
    The saints sunday!

Now back to the draft section for me.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Wilson ran 4 times....end of story
    He ran 4 times because the coaches see him in practice all the time. And he is not getting it done.

Randle on the other hand is returning punts (gotta have a lot of trust in your punt returner) and also playing on the offense. For some reason Wilson is not "getting it". Too soon to call him a bust, but man...
    "You're never as bad as you think you are. And you're never as good as you think you are." - Wellington Mara

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    This! right here is the reason why, I felt the giants draft room panicked and took wilson when tampa interveined. I am not blaming reese, or saying I can do a better job or know more than anyone, but its evident for what the giants use their RB's for and how we utilize them Martin was clearly ahead on the boards. Reese and co. panicked thinking that there was going to be a run on RB's in the early second round and that the drop off was going to be steep after wilson. Vick ballard would of worked okay in this offense I believe, Alfred moris as well.

Whats done is done, I agree before we can crucify the kid he needs more attempts to better evaluate his role in this offense, I have said many times that if they don't let him block for eli ever y now and then, teams are going to smell run and stack the box every time he is in. A simple play action fake with wilson in the back field would throw the redskins safties off so badly both nick and cruz would blow the top of the coverage down field before they realize its a fake.

Spolied milk just forget about it.
    The saints sunday!

Now back to the draft section for me.

this guy will turn out to be tiki barber 2.0(the player,,not the Dbag),,,,,just give him a chance.

+ Reply to Thread