+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: One problem about David Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Not really, more like broken tackles.. THey broke about 500 tackles and had abou a gazillion yards after contact..
    How many zeroes is that?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I see what you are getting at but I don't think you can really compare a RB (one who was deemed raw for a pro system) and a CB like Prince who came out of Nebraska as a potential top 10 selection. The positions are different in terms of development as well when you consider all the complex schemes and adjustments that CBs have to learn in todays modern NFL versus RBs who have become largely plug in players with very little learning in comparison. This really is Prince's rookie season in a way since he was injured for majority of the 2011 season and he has already played at his 1st round talent.
    Generally speaking I agree,but each player is different and needs to be brought along at their own pace. Who here thought Tiki would be Tiki his rookie year? Not a first round pick, I know, but keep in mind we basically had a 2nd round pick and if we didn't take Wilson there were slim pickings at RB. Not that we should (or even did) draft for need....who knows how we had these players graded? I'm just saying, its only fair to trust a coaching staff that has a track record of strongly developing players and sees these guys EVERYDAY in not only.practice but meeting rooms and around the halls etc. They know.these guys and.how they need to come along and Reese knows better than to draft a.non-NFL ready/caliber player in round 1. He might not have been drafted to be an instant classic. They may have had this plan ready for Wilson back in March if it happened he fell to us...

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Generally speaking I agree,but each player is different and needs to be brought along at their own pace. Who here thought Tiki would be Tiki his rookie year? Not a first round pick, I know, but keep in mind we basically had a 2nd round pick and if we didn't take Wilson there were slim pickings at RB. Not that we should (or even did) draft for need....who knows how we had these players graded? I'm just saying, its only fair to trust a coaching staff that has a track record of strongly developing players and sees these guys EVERYDAY in not only.practice but meeting rooms and around the halls etc. They know.these guys and.how they need to come along and Reese knows better than to draft a.non-NFL ready/caliber player in round 1. He might not have been drafted to be an instant classic. They may have had this plan ready for Wilson back in March if it happened he fell to us...
    I honestly am not sure what to make of Wilson. Maybe his confidence was broke from that 1st game against Dallas and now he's learning to accept that he won't instantly be that same sensation that he was in VT. I have noticed that he is running extremely safe now to the point of sacrificing potential gain for ball security. Haven't really been able to see enough of him in pass protection to make a solid judgement in that area. I don't think the runs we have given him in the middle have helped the kid either because it's quite apparent that he doesn't have the vision yet to be a consistent inside runner. It could be scheme, it could be development...You can tell he's hungry though and I do hope that one day he gets to reach the top of his ceiling whether it's with the Giants or someone else (not in our own division at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Wilson will be nothing more than a backup in this league
    & this is based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Just some facts::

*Rookie David Wilson returned four kickoffs for 83 yards. That increased his season totals to 44 returns for 1,094 yards, a 24.9-yard average. The 44 returns are the third-highest single-season total in Giants history (the record is 57 by Domenik Hixon
    in 2009). The yardage total leaves him 97 yards shy of Hixon’s franchise-record total, set in the same season. Wilson is already 15th on the Giants’ career kickoff yardage list.
    A kick retuner he may be, a running back worth a first round pick he may not be. I'm not giving up on him or calling him a bust. He does however look rather lousy at RB so far.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Wilson will be nothing more than a backup in this league
    I know MM played a different position but remember when he came to the Giants and we were all wondering weather he would ever amount to anything as the yrs went by. Well we all know we miss him now. The 3rd options we have now dont scare anyone. When we had MM people had to account for him. I think given time Wilson could turn into something nice
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    A kick retuner he may be, a running back worth a first round pick he may not be. I'm not giving up on him or calling him a bust. He does however look rather lousy at RB so far.
    How can anyone say whether he is or isn't worthy of a first round pick until he gets the chance to make his case on the field? He's being developed/ It's what the team does.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    What are you basing "lousy" on? He has had so little opportunities .....he did bust one for a 40yd td...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I can understand if the kid had 20 carries for 50 yards ... but he had FOUR carries last night. Not sure what any sane person could expect out of that.
    4 poor carries, probably why he didn't get anymore. He averaged 2.2 a carry and looked like a grandma doing it. Why feed him more. He showed nothing and went down easy. Alfred Morris looked like the #1 not Mr. Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieCoughlin View Post
    Some of you are mindless

Katie, I was reading this crap also and said the same thing to myself. I vote your post for the MVP today... You people are just ******ed...

+ Reply to Thread