+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They're disappointed and need to vent and it's easy to attack the very people we recently praised. None of us has the answers but we all want the team to play better when they lay an egg. It's just frustration.
    Words of wisdom.
    ​​​

Veteran
    I'm easily willing to give Wilson some time. Once he picks up the blocking scheme and develops his between the tackles vision, he's going to be a real threat. Another poster here mentioned a couple weeks ago that when he's in the defense is expecting run all the way. I definitely think this is true. If you want proof, watch the play where Eli scrambled on the boot leg. It was play action to Wilson and even though the defense was in man, nearly the entire defense flowed to Wilson's side expecting him to have the ball. The defense knows he can be a threat wit the ball in his hand. Once he learns the blocking scheme he will be a major threat.

and lumpkin didnt even pass protect when he came in he ran routes, wtf, why couldnt we have used wilson there?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yup. agreed. hate how we use him so rarely and when we do, the d KNOWS its a run play and ALL tee off on the run...no PA yet with wilson that i can recall...
    The bootleg they ran yesterday when Eli had a long scramble was play action with Wilson. Defense sold out to go after him and left the entire other side open.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We are still in the denial stage with a tinge of anger lol

Thereís always somebody saying the Giants canít do it, and those people have to be ignored.

Never underestimate the GIANTS !

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Another year or 2? Can you say Alfred Morris round 6? Year one ?Face it, so far Wilson looks like a questionable pick at best. This guy is a first round selection. We need him to contribute as a running back year one! Does he have to be our feature back? No! Does he have to be the best rookie RB for naysayers to be happy? No! But our number one back has a bad wheel, number two out for the remained of the season. I would think the Giants brass would be expecting more of a contribution from our #1 pick under the circumstances. Other than being a better than average KR and a few good runs in preseason vs 2nd stringers I've seen little to get enthused about.
    28 CAREER CARRIES. What part of this don't you understand. D's know it will be a run as soon as he steps on the field.
    We can't even say he can't block, because they don't use him on passing downs............

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    The point is. If you're wasting a first round pick on a rb then you beret be damn sure he's going to make a huge impact day 1.
    Day one he made one mistake and has not been given a decent chance, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WR4Life View Post
    I'm easily willing to give Wilson some time. Once he picks up the blocking scheme and develops his between the tackles vision, he's going to be a real threat. Another poster here mentioned a couple weeks ago that when he's in the defense is expecting run all the way. I definitely think this is true. If you want proof, watch the play where Eli scrambled on the boot leg. It was play action to Wilson and even though the defense was in man, nearly the entire defense flowed to Wilson's side expecting him to have the ball. The defense knows he can be a threat wit the ball in his hand. Once he learns the blocking scheme he will be a major threat.
    If gilbride ever gets his head out of his behind and uses him more, to the point that D's are not
    100% sure it is going to be a run, Wilson will also be a huge checkdown threat. Easily could have been
    in the flats on Eli's supposed intentional grounding (yet another penalty that could be called
    10 times a game, but was only called on us) and gone 40 yards.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    And you make an excellent homer. I'd bet you are still waiting for Ron Dayne to develop.
    Get outta here with this cr@p.. Now you're comparing Wilson, a rookie with how many carries? to Ron Dayne? You make an excellent Mo... short for moron. You gotta be kidding. Wilson has not had much of a chance, but you "fans" are already trashing him. Unreal around here sometimes.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Banned
    RF, we did not "lay an egg" we had some good offense and held the foreskins to 17 points.

We had some bad breaks, and too many penalties. But in no way did we "lay an egg".