+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 283
  1. #161
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Watching Wilson run, this guy has no vision or patience, it seems like he runs with his eyes closed
    He's close to breaking a record for returns. Can he do that with his eyes closed?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #162
    Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    222
    All the people hating on Wilson are the same people who hated on Prince as well. The expectation of rookie players from some of you is way too high. Give them time to develop

  3. #163
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by b_ELI_eve View Post
    All the people hating on Wilson are the same people who hated on Prince as well. The expectation of rookie players from some of you is way too high. Give them time to develop
    People who hated on prince are idiots. 1. He was hurt. 2. He plays a position that takes time to transition to the nfl.Wilson on the other hand is a running back. If you are taking a rb in the first round, you absolutely should make an impact on offense from day 1. Otherwise, you should not have been drafted in the first round. first round rbs are not a position that you are supposed to wait to develop. They are supposed to be impact players on offense.

  4. #164
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    People who hated on prince are idiots. 1. He was hurt. 2. He plays a position that takes time to transition to the nfl.Wilson on the other hand is a running back. If you are taking a rb in the first round, you absolutely should make an impact on offense from day 1. Otherwise, you should not have been drafted in the first round. first round rbs are not a position that you are supposed to wait to develop. They are supposed to be impact players on offense.
    You're crazy. Learning a whole new offense and blocking scheme isn't cake. Pair that with the fact that this guy is being brought along slow from the start and you get a slow developing running back.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  5. #165
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    You're crazy. Learning a whole new offense and blocking scheme isn't cake. Pair that with the fact that this guy is being brought along slow from the start and you get a slow developing running back.
    Rb along with lb is the easiest transition from college to pros. Additionally these two positions are among the least valuable. Therefore, if you play one of these two positions and are drafted in the first round, you damn well better see the field from day 1. If you don't then you are a waste of a first round pick because the team is supposed to be getting high end production on your rookie contract (aka bang for your buck). Slow developing rbs can be taken in late rounds and even undrafted. The investment of a first round pick on a low value position means the team needs production from the getgo. Because of this, David Wilson is among the worst ever of Jerry Reese's picks.

  6. #166
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    People who hated on prince are idiots. 1. He was hurt. 2. He plays a position that takes time to transition to the nfl.Wilson on the other hand is a running back. If you are taking a rb in the first round, you absolutely should make an impact on offense from day 1. Otherwise, you should not have been drafted in the first round. first round rbs are not a position that you are supposed to wait to develop. They are supposed to be impact players on offense.
    How many first round picks, on average, start their rookie season?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  7. #167
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,341
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How many first round picks, on average, start their rookie season?
    they all do and all are great....except for the ones on the Giants...
    come on Ro....you know that....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  8. #168
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,605
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    they all do and all are great....except for the ones on the Giants...
    come on Ro....you know that....
    .
    These power naps are going to be my undoing. I seem to remember reading it was around 13%
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #169
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Rb along with lb is the easiest transition from college to pros. Additionally these two positions are among the least valuable. Therefore, if you play one of these two positions and are drafted in the first round, you damn well better see the field from day 1. If you don't then you are a waste of a first round pick because the team is supposed to be getting high end production on your rookie contract (aka bang for your buck). Slow developing rbs can be taken in late rounds and even undrafted. The investment of a first round pick on a low value position means the team needs production from the getgo. Because of this, David Wilson is among the worst ever of Jerry Reese's picks.
    Your argument sounds as if it was written by Al Gore, illogical.

    It's threads and posts like this that lead me to believe we have the worst fan bases in the NFL. Along with the chicken little mentality after every loss, it damn near makes this place unbearable.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  10. #170
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How many first round picks, on average, start their rookie season?
    RBs? Not many dont start from day 1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts