+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: One problem about David Wilson

the way the Giants are using Wilson is a guaranteed recipe for him to fail, any of you who watch football know that all RBs need carries to get into a rythum and Wison is not getting near enough carries for that to happen and so he fails....

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    the way the Giants are using Wilson is a guaranteed recipe for him to fail, any of you who watch football know that all RBs need carries to get into a rythum and Wison is not getting near enough carries for that to happen and so he fails....
    I tend to agree with this. He only had a handful of runs, he needs more snaps. I feel that he is going to break a good run off, you can see it in how he runs in both returns and running.

They need to run Wilson in a way that allows him to use his speed and agility. I mean he does need to run straight up the middle to not be predictable, but he needs packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Wilson looked pathetic at running back but we would of had to trade up to get Martin. Morris lasted til the 6th. Nice job Reese!
    When was the last time, if ever, JR missed on a 1st round pick? Never, as far as I can remember. Aaron Ross may not have been great, but he was serviceable and had two solid years in which we won SB's in.

Can everyone give the kid another year or two before judging him? At least he's contributing on KR's. Some other 1st rounders don't contribute at all or are injured the entire year.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Well, a 1st rounder is not ready but a 6th rounder is torching us up. Go figure. Ron Dayne anyone?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    When was the last time, if ever, JR missed on a 1st round pick? Never, as far as I can remember. Aaron Ross may not have been great, but he was serviceable and had two solid years in which we won SB's in.

Can everyone give the kid another year or two before judging him? At least he's contributing on KR's. Some other 1st rounders don't contribute at all or are injured the entire year.
    Another year or 2? Can you say Alfred Morris round 6? Year one ?Face it, so far Wilson looks like a questionable pick at best. This guy is a first round selection. We need him to contribute as a running back year one! Does he have to be our feature back? No! Does he have to be the best rookie RB for naysayers to be happy? No! But our number one back has a bad wheel, number two out for the remained of the season. I would think the Giants brass would be expecting more of a contribution from our #1 pick under the circumstances. Other than being a better than average KR and a few good runs in preseason vs 2nd stringers I've seen little to get enthused about.

Veteran
    Drafting a rb in the first round was always going to be a mistake. we win with great dl and qb play. We win with 4th rd, 7th rd and udfa rbs ever since Tiki left. Large investments into positions of low value is a terrible idea.

Bench Player
    I'm a Giants fan who lives in Detroit and a good friend of mine works in front office of Lions.. He recently told me that the Lions are interested in Wilson to give their org depth at RB and think the Giants are underutilizing his talent.. Said it's probably a long shot but that in the off-season they may explore options to pick up Wilson from Giants if the Giants are unhappy with his development. take it for what it's worth.. hope it doesn't happen as I think the kid can be really good if given some more touches..

Never liked the pick, especially with Cordy Glenn on the board, but don't be so quick to call him a bust. Though it hasn't been the season anyone envisioned when he was taken first round, look at CJ Spiller this year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Molossus View Post
    I'm a Giants fan who lives in Detroit and a good friend of mine works in front office of Lions.. He recently told me that the Lions are interested in Wilson to give their org depth at RB and think the Giants are underutilizing his talent.. Said it's probably a long shot but that in the off-season they may explore options to pick up Wilson from Giants if the Giants are unhappy with his development. take it for what it's worth.. hope it doesn't happen as I think the kid can be really good if given some more touches..
    trade Wilson and draft a real RB

+ Reply to Thread