+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: One problem about David Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Molossus View Post
    I'm a Giants fan who lives in Detroit and a good friend of mine works in front office of Lions.. He recently told me that the Lions are interested in Wilson to give their org depth at RB and think the Giants are underutilizing his talent.. Said it's probably a long shot but that in the off-season they may explore options to pick up Wilson from Giants if the Giants are unhappy with his development. take it for what it's worth.. hope it doesn't happen as I think the kid can be really good if given some more touches..
    Assuming you are speaking the truth, I think both parties could help each other out big time with a potential trade. Maybe we could give them Wilson for Leshoure and a 2nd/3rd? I doubt Reese would give up on a 1st rounder so early unless Wilson was some huge headache behind the scenes we don't know about though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    trade Wilson and draft a real RB
    Give him more time

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Assuming you are speaking the truth, I think both parties could help each other out big time with a potential trade. Maybe we could give them Wilson for Leshoure and a 2nd/3rd? I doubt Reese would give up on a 1st rounder so early unless Wilson was some huge headache behind the scenes we don't know about though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    trade Wilson and draft a real RB
    Now we're giving up on Wilson already? This place really is ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    But he hasn't gotten 12,000 yards and 29 TDs on 2 carries ... obviously a bust.

But we should play him more.

Wilson's a BUST. He's not even a good kick returner anymore. Since the San Fransisco game, he's barely gotten the ball past the 30.

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    Wilson's a BUST. He's not even a good kick returner anymore. Since the San Fransisco game, he's barely gotten the ball past the 30.
    Ahmad, that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    For him to consistently get past the 35 with our ST unit? He's damn good I assure you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    What a pathetic thread. Have you seen him on returns? The fact that Wilson has no time on the field to read D's or get adjusted and comfortable, wtf do you expect to see? I'll eat my words if Im wrong, but I think Wilson will be a big factor for us whether it be during a hopeful playoff run, next season, or 3 years from now. Some of you guys are so quick to judge and put the team down, but when the team or someone has a great day, you all shut up. You'd make good Eagle fans.
    Just some facts::

*Rookie David Wilson returned four kickoffs for 83 yards. That increased his season totals to 44 returns for 1,094 yards, a 24.9-yard average. The 44 returns are the third-highest single-season total in Giants history (the record is 57 by Domenik Hixon in 2009). The yardage total leaves him 97 yards shy of Hixon’s franchise-record total, set in the same season. Wilson is already 15th on the Giants’ career kickoff yardage list.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I think Wilson would fit better on a team like the Lions who prefer to run on the edges vs the Giants that usually dial up power blocking schemes between the tackles and guards. Leshoure is a bigger and stronger RB with some surpising agility and vision as well. I could care less who we have on our team as long as we could benefit from it.
    I'd think they would adjust the offense to the strengths of the player if the player proves himself.

Ala Tiki vs. BJ vs. AB.

+ Reply to Thread