+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Wilson will be nothing more than a backup in this league

Quote Originally Posted by mike kennedy View Post
    Our blocking is the reason that we suck so much!
    Yea like to see martin or morris get their thousands of yards running behind our Oline. lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We drafted him to play (learn and develop) behind Bradshaw and, as it turned out, Brown. To take advantage of his speed, they gave him the kick return responsibility because we were always behind the 8 ball on field position. You don't have a guy at the wrong end of the field handling the ball unless you trust his ball handling ability and speed. He's doing a damn good job returning kicks, is getting snaps here and there as he learns about pre-snap reads and blocking assignments.

If we kept Sinorice Moss for 4/5 years, we're not about to release Wilson any time soon
    You're preaching to the choir RF ... I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Serious question, how many of the posters bashing Wilson were also calling Amukamara a bust last year/early this year? Because if you were one of the posters you've already had your talent evaluation cards revoked. I'm wondering what you know about player development plans that the Giants staff have setup for Wilson. Or are you also preaching that the F.O. and coaches are TERRIBLE and never even considered such things? Hmm...
    I think we have a lot of media victims here ... in this era of pop-star rookies, it's becoming expected (unjustly) that every draft pick has to have record breaking rookie seasons or they are a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    You're preaching to the choir RF ... I agree completely.
    Just wanted to give you some support, we're in the minority
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I think we have a lot of media victims here ... in this era of pop-star rookies, it's becoming expected (unjustly) that every draft pick has to have record breaking rookie seasons or they are a bust.
    The best players usually have good rookie seasons, they could always get better in the future but having a good rookie season is usually a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Just wanted to give you some support, we're in the minority
    I can understand if the kid had 20 carries for 50 yards ... but he had FOUR carries last night. Not sure what any sane person could expect out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    Serious question, how many of the posters bashing Wilson were also calling Amukamara a bust last year/early this year? Because if you were one of the posters you've already had your talent evaluation cards revoked. I'm wondering what you know about player development plans that the Giants staff have setup for Wilson. Or are you also preaching that the F.O. and coaches are TERRIBLE and never even considered such things? Hmm...
    I see what you are getting at but I don't think you can really compare a RB (one who was deemed raw for a pro system) and a CB like Prince who came out of Nebraska as a potential top 10 selection. The positions are different in terms of development as well when you consider all the complex schemes and adjustments that CBs have to learn in todays modern NFL versus RBs who have become largely plug in players with very little learning in comparison. This really is Prince's rookie season in a way since he was injured for majority of the 2011 season and he has already played at his 1st round talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    The best players usually have good rookie seasons, they could always get better in the future but having a good rookie season is usually a good sign.
    That is utter crap ... Emmitt Smith had less than 1,000 yards and 4 yards per carry average in his rookie season.

Walter Payton had a bit over 600 yards and 3.5 yards per carry his rookie season.

Jerry Rice didn't top 100 receptions until his 6th season.

And on and on and on. SOME of the best players have tremendous rookie seasons. Some have very mediocre rookie seasons (as I've just pointed out). Some don't even start their rookie season and still go on to be great players (Ray Rice).

The word "development" is in the English language and football nomenclature for a reason.

Veteran
    I'd like to apologize to everyone on the forum for this. Tmurda1984 is my ex-wife and has been trolling here every now and then for the past 3 years to spite me. She's still bitter about the divorce.

Just do what I did during our marriage....ignore her.