+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Jones drops 5 yards from the line once or twice a game. I rarely ever see him not on the line when the ball is snapped. His medical will scare the Giants away
    yeah no more players with medical issues, not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No. His natural position is pass rusher. He rushes almost every snap.

He's not a linebacker
    So what.....I still would take him over Te'O. It's not like he can't learn how to play linebacker. Sorry I don't know as much as you about the college game. I see a great player that can be a hybrid player...better??? In the SEC championship game I didn't see him rushing the passer every snap...
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 12-08-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    So what.....I still would take him over Te'O. It's not like he can't learn how to play linebacker. Sorry I don't know as much as you about the college game. I see a great player that can be a hybrid player...better??? In the SEC championship game I didn't see him with his hand in the dirt every snap...
    Right. You see a guy lined up on the line rushing the QB every play. Wether he has his hand off the ground or not is meaningless.

And if you have a guy who is a great pass rusher generally you don't move him to a position where he doesn't rush the passer much.

For instance. Denver which runs a 4-3 drafted Von Miller. Who played a similar position to Jones, but did drop into coverage more often. Denver essentially just plays Miller at DE now. Hand up or hand down. He rushes the passer on every pass play except for the occasional zone drop (not any different than Osi or JPp dropping into coverage).

I don't dislike Jones at all. But saying he's a linebacker is simply untrue. He would have to show the ability to play there. Which he has not done in college. He is a pass rusher. That's where he plays, that's where he excels.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    So what.....I still would take him over Te'O. It's not like he can't learn how to play linebacker. Sorry I don't know as much as you about the college game. I see a great player that can be a hybrid player...better??? In the SEC championship game I didn't see him rushing the passer every snap...
    You would take jones over Te'o? how much college ball do you watch and what special insight do you have to say this? absolutely absurd and If this were to be the case Te'o would have to be suffering from an injury that would keep him off the field for a significant amount of time, talent wise just craziness.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    You would take jones over Te'o? how much college ball do you watch and what special insight do you have to say this? absolutely absurd and If this were to be the case Te'o would have to be suffering from an injury that would keep him off the field for a significant amount of time, talent wise just craziness.
    Different types of players. Assuming the medical on Jones clears (which I doubt) I think Jones is a more valuable player than Teo. Pass rusher > non pass rusher.

And that's coming from a ND fan who loves Teo

Right. You see a guy lined up on the line rushing the QB every play. Wether he has his hand off the ground or not is meaningless.

And if you have a guy who is a great pass rusher generally you don't move him to a position where he doesn't rush the passer much.

For instance. Denver which runs a 4-3 drafted Von Miller. Who played a similar position to Jones, but did drop into coverage more often. Denver essentially just plays Miller at DE now. Hand up or hand down. He rushes the passer on every pass play except for the occasional zone drop (not any different than Osi or JPp dropping into coverage).

I don't dislike Jones at all. But saying he's a linebacker is simply untrue. He would have to show the ability to play there. Which he has not done in college. He is a pass rusher. That's where he plays, that's where he excels.
    We could use a pass rusher with Tuck on the decline and Osi playing his last games for us . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    We could use a pass rusher with Tuck on the decline and Osi playing his last games for us . . . . .
    I agree with that. There are quite a few good pass rushers in this draft.

Veteran
    I agree with that. There are quite a few good pass rushers in this draft.
    A pass rusher who can also stop the run

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    A pass rusher who can also stop the run
    Generally, anyone who is talented enough to be a great pass rusher has the skill set to stop the run, its just a matter of technique and being willing.

And of course size is always important. Generally a guy who is under 260 pounds is not going to be great against the run from the DE spot.

Generally, anyone who is talented enough to be a great pass rusher has the skill set to stop the run, its just a matter of technique and being willing.

And of course size is always important. Generally a guy who is under 260 pounds is not going to be great against the run from the DE spot.
    The Giants need to draft lineman on both sides of the ball. Improve the lines everything else will fall into place. I could even see a DT since Marvin Austin is a bust

+ Reply to Thread