+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corey Webster

the issue with hm as a backup is that he gets paid a lot of money. The biggest issue on this team is cap and we have so much money tied up in places where guys may not really deserve all that money relative to what we could get someone to do almost same job for 1/5 the pay

think on our defense guys that make decent money and whether you compare others guys that make that money versus their production

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Not until next year.

His contract needs to be restructured and incentive based.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

We've stopped Rodgers before, we've NEVER stopped Brees.
    I feel confident about this game for some reason. If you could stop the packers offense i think you can stop the saints offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I feel confident about this game for some reason. If you could stop the packers offense i think you can stop the saints offense.
    Problem is, they are a much faster team IMO. Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Darren Sproles, even Drew Brees and his quick release. We are at home and not at the Super Dome so thats a plus but still, we'll see.

One bad year and you are all ready to give up on our shut own ace...... unreal

This guy was so KEY to our super bowl runs he pretty much dominated everyone that lined up opposite him
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    One bad year and you are all ready to give up on our shut own ace...... unrealThis guy was so KEY to our super bowl runs he pretty much dominated everyone that lined up opposite him
    Ok? He's not healthy (bad hammy and broken hand) and is 30 years old. He's making way too much money to be getting burned like this. I've given him too many chances. I like him but he's not playing up to par.

Problem is, they are a much faster team IMO. Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Darren Sproles, even Drew Brees and his quick release. We are at home and not at the Super Dome so thats a plus but still, we'll see.
    Hmm, im not so sure being at home is much of a plus for the giants but only time will tell. I feel better about this game than i did going into the redskins game though.

Ok? He's not healthy (bad hammy and broken hand) and is 30 years old. He's making way too much money to be getting burned like this. I've given him too many chances. I like him but he's not playing up to par.
    You act like players don't have down years. How do you know C-Web won't restructure or resign for less money?

He's incredibly banged up this season and it's showing.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    You act like players don't have down years. How do you know C-Web won't restructure or resign for less money?He's incredibly banged up this season and it's showing.
    He better restructure if he wants to stay, because he's not worth the 6 or 7 million he's currently making. You act like I said I hate the man lol.

I just can't see the FO trying to get Webster to agree to a lower salary or even threaten to cut him when they have had Diehl struggle since the end of 2009/beginning of 2010. This team is loyal (to a fault at times) to anyone who has been a huge part to a team's SB success and will usually let them play out their contract. Reese will probably gamble for 2011 Webster to return one more time in 2013 in hopes that he will have a top 5 CB duo along with Prince.

+ Reply to Thread